solstice med cruise

buddymum

On med cruises can we tip staff in euros and secondly what type of electrical sockets are on Sosltice?

The staff are good at being able to take those euros and make good use of them, be appreciative, etc. They can also probably make good use of dollars and pounds.

For electric, they have both the euro and USA plugs. BUT, the numbers are limited. I would suggest, especially if you are like me, bringing an extension cord with multiple plugs. That way for your electric razor, iPods, camera batteries, computers, etc., you can keep things re-charged and working well.

If you need more details on the Solstice, check out my live/blog noted below for lots of tips, ideas, visuals, ship details, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 67,001 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Guys. I am going on the Solstice later this year, I suffer from Sleep Aponea and use breathing aparatus every night. Can you tell me if there is an electrical socket close to the bedside? Thanks Shaun

I used such a machine, too! Let them know in advance and they will provide the distilled water you probably need, plus ask for an extension cord. Plus, bring one along, too. Just in case. I think near the bed, the plug is the euro system. Maybe that will work for you and your machine as you are from Scotland. Right??

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 67,001 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

I use a cpap and always bring my own extension cord. If you contact X, they will also provide at no cost to you an extension cord and distilled water if you also run a humidifier with your device. I never rely on where the plugs are located.:cool:

I used such a machine, too! Let them know in advance and they will provide the distilled water you probably need, plus ask for an extension cord. Plus, bring one along, too. Just in case. I think near the bed, the plug is the euro system. Maybe that will work for you and your machine as you are from Scotland. Right??

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Plugs in uk are different 3pin not two pin .

Thanks for your help Terry and In Range.

I also use a CPAP machine and I always carry an extesion cord when away on business, but I am trying to watch what I carry on this trip.

Whom should I contact, T/A or X direct. If X would it be guest relations, I am new to all this cruising lark so sorry for the dumb questions!!

You are correct Terry I am a proud Scot, we live just about 30 miles north of Edinburgh.

Again thanks for your advice.

Thanks for your help Terry and In Range. I also use a CPAP machine and I always carry an extesion cord when away on business, but I am trying to watch what I carry on this trip. Whom should I contact, T/A or X direct. If X would it be guest relations, I am new to all this cruising lark so sorry for the dumb questions!! You are correct Terry I am a proud Scot, we live just about 30 miles north of Edinburgh. Again thanks for your advice.

Appreciate the nice comments and follow-up. I would contact the guest relations people. They'll mark it in your file and take care of things.

YES! Edinburgh and Scotland are wonderful. Was there in 1977. Long time ago. Below is one of my favorite pictures from being there at that time. Liked the "new" area of Edinburgh that was actually fairly "old", going back to the 1800's. Great history and beauty there.

From Edinburgh, the historic castles dominates the view as seen from this park area below.:

ScotlandEdinbCastlePark.jpg

YES! Edinburgh and Scotland are wonderful. Was there in 1977. Long time ago. Below is one of my favorite pictures from being there at that time. Liked the "new" area of Edinburgh that was actually fairly "old", going back to the 1800's. Great history and beauty there.

From Edinburgh, the historic castles dominates the view as seen from this park area below.:

ScotlandEdinbCastlePark.jpg

Edinburgh Castle as viewed from Priness Street Gardens is a wonderful sight, my wife and I will be attending the final evening of this year's Edinburgh Military Tatoo which has a spectracular fireworks display from the castle ramparts following the performance.

I am so looking forward to it, we are going as part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebrations. The cruise is also to celebrate our 25th.

1977 must have been a glorious year as you have caught the castle in sunshine, those of us who stay local know this is a rare event.

Regards Shaun

Archived