Can military credits/discounts be used every time you cruise?

Retired Educator

Although we have cruised many times this is the first time we found information about an "on board room credit" for military (former) service. Has anyone been given this credit more than once by the same cruise line. This will be our 4th Princess cruise and our 12th overall. We have already booked 2 more so it would be nice to know if the credit can be applied multiple times. TIA :)

Hi Retired Educator, yes you will receive military OBC on Princess each time you cruise. I don't think that you can apply for credit for past cruises but once you have verified your service with Princess you will automaticly receive the credit each time you sail without reapplying.

jfax, go to Princesses website for information about their policy, other than an occasional discount I'm not aware of any other lines offering this.

thanks for your service guys. Lou

I happened upon a form on the Princess site but have trouble finding it again :( It is called the "military personnel benefit onboard credit program" and has a simple PDF download that you can submit several ways along with a copy of your DD214. Depending on the length of your cruise you can get $50 to $250 room credit. Maybe someone else has the answer on how to find it, but I'll keep looking, too. :)

On the Princess home page open the tab for "preparing for your cruise", select FAQs and scroll to end where you should see the special military programs thingy (notice my lack of computer knowledeg?) That should open up the section you would want. We'll be looking forward to seeing you on a future cruise sometime. :)

With Princess, yes, you can get the Military OBC on every cruise. I believe Princess even does it automaticly after the first time.

Yes, at least with Princess, once you've submitted your DD214 & Princess' form, you are automatically given the veteran's credit $ for future cruises.

What credit? I am retired military and get the lower military fare but never heard of this credit stuff. Please explain.

Thanks

It is offered on Princess to honorbly discharged vets, active duty and retiired. US Retired fill out the form available on the Princess web site and mail or fax it with a copy of both sides of the retired ID (they ask you to black out the SSAN if you still have a card that has it). Took about 7 days for it to credit to my account.

6 days or less $50 per person

7 – 13 days $100 per person

14 days or longer $250 per person

Archived