Can you request a MDR table?

Sammich

Is it possible to send a request in prior to your trip for a certain table in the MDR? We had a really good table last year and wanted to see if we could get the same table or at least location.

Generally no you cannot request a certain table. You'll want to talk with someone at the dining room to see if there is a possibility of moving to your preferred table location. I know tables are assigned dependent on a number of things such as age, country of origin, etc.

Is it possible to send a request in prior to your trip for a certain table in the MDR? We had a really good table last year and wanted to see if we could get the same table or at least location.

Yes, you can ask for a specific table if you are diamond plus. Otherwise, it is a shot in the dark. You can go and look at your table location once you board, if you don't like it, request to be moved.

You can try emailing RCLdining@rccl.com. You will probably need to specify your ship and sailing and possibly your reservation number. There is no guarantee they will grant your request, but it won't hurt to try.

Yes, I made a reservatiom thru RCL for the Feb. '13 on AOS and requested table 549 (table for 2) which was the table that we had on this past Feb AOs cruise. The table # is recorded on my invoice.

Generally no you cannot request a certain table. You'll want to talk with someone at the dining room to see if there is a possibility of moving to your preferred table location. I know tables are assigned dependent on a number of things such as age, country of origin, etc.

From my past experience, there's seems to be no rhyme or reason how you aree seated, unless you are in a group. We've have had so many bad expeiences, that for the past 5 years we request a table for 2. They should use the parameters that you have identified, but they don't. When I have a discussion with the Maitre D (MD)/ Miami, guess what, the MD blames Miami and Miami blames the ship's MD.

If you make a request to RCLdining@rccl.com., you will receive a conformation.

What that means is that it is confirmed that you made a request as to what size table and early/late seating you get in the MDR.

It does not mean that your request has been fulfilled.

I’ve cruised RCI many times and I have never been given the kind of table I requested right off the bat.

Each and every time, I had to go see the “head waiter”, only to be told nothing could be done until I hassled with the fellow for a few minutes and then, miraculously, a table meeting my request appeared.

It’s sort of like he has instructions to give me what I want if I ask ten times in a row.

I guess I shouldn’t complain, I always, eventually, got what I asked for, but it’s almost comical to see the same routine reenacted during the first hour of every cruise.

my husband and i were on the freedom last sept and i emailed the rcl dining address and got a quick response. i requested a specific location and she sent me a seat map with the table indicated. it was not on the deck i requested and i emailed her back and it was promptly changed to the deck i requested. i guess it depends on the day.....

Yes, you can ask for a specific table if you are diamond plus. Otherwise, it is a shot in the dark. You can go and look at your table location once you board, if you don't like it, request to be moved.

If you are in a suite you can also make a request to the concierge and they will work with you. I didn't know the table numbers, but I knew where I wanted to sit on the Voyager and we were accommodated.

Archived