Maasdam & Staendam arriving in Ft Lauderdale

LordSpain

I was up and watching when Maasdam pulled into view on the Port Everglade webcam. It was 6:30. She looked beautiful with all her lights on. No cabin lights were on since most passengers were probably still asleep.

Here at our hotel the Shoreside HAL reps are indicating that for those with transfers, guests of the Maasdam will be picked up at 11:00 AM and the guests of the Statendam will be picked up at 1:00 PM. Boarding will definitely be delayed a bit on the Statendam.

Bruce

Pictures taken from our room at the Marina Hilton

Maasdam Arrived at 5:30AM

2570558260049212975S600x600Q85.jpg

Statendam arrived at 7:50AM delayed by high winds. Boarding will be delayed.

2961680580049212975S600x600Q85.jpg

Bruce

Those were great pictures and thank you for sharing them !

Here at our hotel the Shoreside HAL reps are indicating that for those with transfers, guests of the Maasdam will be picked up at 11:00 AM and the guests of the Statendam will be picked up at 1:00 PM. Boarding will definitely be delayed a bit on the Statendam.

Bruce

Lord Spain:

Be thankful of where you are, for it is wet and rainy in Chicagoland. Both ships left on time.

We were on the Maasdam that morning and were up as we prefer to have our last espresso from Neptune on our verandah relaxing and watching a lovely sun rise - prior to the inevitable disembarking.

Trip was great, weather very cooperative and we added two countries to our target of 100 - Martinique and Grenada. Twenty more to go ...

What a great crew and ship ... everything was tip-top as always except one new irritant .. they have instituted no smoking in the rooms. SO - everyone smokes on the verandah now. I feel for them as I know that it is not something easily delayed. But naturally we got the cigar smoker - every day, morning, noon, and night .. couldnt eat meals on the verandah, couldnt sun on sea days ... it was a bit disturbing. What HAL has done is turn the problem over to its non-smoking passengers - rooms are clean and smell nice, but dont try to use the verandahs.

We sure hope enough folks find this new concept unacceptable and complain. I would rather see these folks be allowed to smoke in their rooms they have paid for ... and not interfere with their fellow pax. Let HAL clean the rooms afterwards - even charge extra - like the baggage fee on airlines.

Harry

We were on the Maasdam that morning and were up as we prefer to have our last espresso from Neptune on our verandah relaxing and watching a lovely sun rise - prior to the inevitable disembarking.

Trip was great, weather very cooperative and we added two countries to our target of 100 - Martinique and Grenada. Twenty more to go ...

What a great crew and ship ... everything was tip-top as always except one new irritant .. they have instituted no smoking in the rooms. SO - everyone smokes on the verandah now. I feel for them as I know that it is not something easily delayed. But naturally we got the cigar smoker - every day, morning, noon, and night .. couldnt eat meals on the verandah, couldnt sun on sea days ... it was a bit disturbing. What HAL has done is turn the problem over to its non-smoking passengers - rooms are clean and smell nice, but dont try to use the verandahs.

We sure hope enough folks find this new concept unacceptable and complain. I would rather see these folks be allowed to smoke in their rooms they have paid for ... and not interfere with their fellow pax. Let HAL clean the rooms afterwards - even charge extra - like the baggage fee on airlines.

Harry

Thank you for this message about the smoking problem.

Sorry that you had such a bad experience, and unable to use the verandah you paid for, during your cruise.

Did you mention this on the survey at the end of the cruise?

Thank you for this message about the smoking problem.

Sorry that you had such a bad experience, and unable to use the verandah you paid for, during your cruise.

Did you mention this on the survey at the end of the cruise?

Yes, both DW and I mentioned it so that at least they are aware there is an issue that now appears worse than before - for everyone ... non-smokers and smokers.

harry

Yes, both DW and I mentioned it so that at least they are aware there is an issue that now appears worse than before - for everyone ... non-smokers and smokers.

harry

Thank you for your reply.

Am pleased that you mentioned that on your survey forms.

Archived