Rumour has it...

dmk

On one of our cruise, we heard from a table mate that you could stay on the cruise for an extra week, if the ship had space(which it usually does if you don't care what kind of cabin is available). If you decided to do that, you would book the next lag at a huge discount.

Is anyone else aware of this? I would be curious to know.

On one of our cruise, we heard from a table mate that you could stay on the cruise for an extra week, if the ship had space(which it usually does if you don't care what kind of cabin is available). If you decided to do that, you would book the next lag at a huge discount. Is anyone else aware of this? I would be curious to know.

Interesting question. Doubt there is going to be either too much extra space and/or great "deals" as Celebrity seems to work hard filling the ship, full, full, before the sailings. Look forward to hearing more actual experiences.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 67,562 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

On one of our cruise, we heard from a table mate that you could stay on the cruise for an extra week, if the ship had space(which it usually does if you don't care what kind of cabin is available). If you decided to do that, you would book the next lag at a huge discount.

Is anyone else aware of this? I would be curious to know.

If we were going to book a b2b cruise on a Celebrity ship ,we would wait until after final payment ,when the prices might drop & get both legs of the cruise for less money:) .This is not always the case on the more popular cruises ,like a trans Atlantic where prices are already low;). You just need to pick itineraries that you think that the cruise prices will drop after final payment .This has happened on the Century Hawaii cruises;) .

The problems besides a better price after final payment is be aware that many times the entertainment has not changed on a b2b cruises :o

We are thinking of doing a b2b with the first cruise being a western Med & then staying on the ship to do the trans Atlantic .The one we are eye balling is in Nov from Venice .We suspect that the price will drop after final payment on the western Med ;but ,will not drop on the trans Atlantic.It is just that by waiting for the western Med prices to drop ,one can't be choosy about the cabin they get on the TA portion:p .

One of our table mates from a TA asked to stay on for another week. He said he got a huge bargain. I was too polite to ask what he paid. This was on the Solstice, Dec, 2011.

About 3 days before the end of our 15-day Panama Canal cruise, guests were given the option to remain on board for the return trip for as little as $400! I was amazed how quickly the cabins filled up and only wished I was in a position to extend my vacation for 15 more days on such short notice.

While on Millennium in January we booked more cruises to lengthen our stay. Prices were never lower than what was published on Celebrity's website. Celebrity does not offer huge discounts unless something drastic happens.

If celebrity were to offer what was suggested by DMK's table mates we would book only one cruise and wait to board before extending our stay.:D

While our experience with seeing these sorts of "remain on board" offers is rare, I have seen them 2-3 times [that I can recall] over the 14 years we've been sailing Celebrity. And, yes, when they happen you can score some really incredible bargains.

Of course, not being retired yet, we've not paid that much attention to them as there was only one such time we could have even remotely considered the offer. We did have some cruise friends take advantage of one such offer on a Canal sailing one year.

It's one of those promotions the keenly observant will find once in awhile via their "Celebrity Today" in-room newsletter.

CM

Archived