RCCL Freedom vs CCL Valor

I'm trying to decide between two cruises for me and dh. We're going without kids late July/earlyAug. We're trying to decide between a 7 day Freedom of the Seas (St Thomas/St Martin/Coco Cay) or an 8 day Carnival Valor (St Thomas/Antigua/Tortola/Nassau). The prices are completely the same with airfare/hotel/cruise cost.

We have sailed both lines and similar ships (Liberty on RCCL and Conquest on CCL). We have been to both Coco Cay & Nassau, but none of the other ports.

We like Valor for the different ports, but like Freedom for the ship amenities.

Looking for pros/cons on which ship/itinerary we should chose.

Thanks

Freedom of the seas! We were on the Valor last year and although we had a great time, were not impressed with the ship , service or food. We were loyal Carnival Cruisers but now are going to check out Royal Caribbean.

Since you have been on both class ships you know what to expect. I guess it comes down to which itinerary you like best. For me it's the Freedom hands down. I do not like the Conquest class of ships. More to do on the Freedom also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband and I were on the Valor last year, we weren't happy with the ship, food, activities or most of the staff. To us it felt like the staff were not happy to be there and we're just going through the motions. Mind you this was our experience things might have changed since but this was the main reason why we have decided on RCCL.

Just my opinion.

I've been on the Valor and the Liberty (Freedom's closest sister) and I would strongly recommend the Freedom. I found the Valor to be much more crowded, the decor gaudy, and there to be less activities on the Valor. Freedom Class ships are really great.

I'm by no means a Carnival hater (see my signature), but if I were faced with your choice I would personally choose the Freedom without giving it a second thought.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I just realized we can do the Allure (St Thomas/St Martin/Nassau) for only $200 more than Freedom or Valor. With that in mind, which would you pick? Is Allure worth $200 more?

$200 pp or $200 total? If total, then YES!!! Allure is awesome!

Thanks everyone for your advice. I just realized we can do the Allure (St Thomas/St Martin/Nassau) for only $200 more than Freedom or Valor. With that in mind, which would you pick? Is Allure worth $200 more?

Without a doubt it is worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do not think twice, just book Allure! I have been on all three ships and you get what you pay for. Allure has the best shows, plenty of activities, the best sports deck plus the neighbourhood concept is wow. Its an experience you must try once if you love cruising. Freedom is a great ship too but for that little of a price difference go for the top. If you cruise for ports and you already know what to expect then I guess the Valor is an option. I personally did not like the ship but I did like the food. Way too crowded and no wow factor whatsoever.

Triena

I loved my cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, but the ports on the other itinerary are pretty interesting, I have to give it that. I had more fun on my FOTS cruise than Carnival, though. With Royal the ships are a destination themselves... loved St. Maarten and St. Thomas though!

BUT If Allure is $200 more total... do not pass go, do not collect $200 (well, okay I guess you need to do that), just book it!

Definitely Allure.

Archived