Trenitalia timetable problems???

lynnquenby

Anyone having problems with Trenitalia?? I've been trying to look up train times for our trip in June and all I keep getting is 'No solution Found'???

I'm looking for trains from Civitavecchia to Rome in June (arrival date 13th) - anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong??

If anyone can assist with train times this would be appreciated - I have tried on numerous times but I'm starting to lose my patience with it all!

TIA

Anyone having problems with Trenitalia?? I've been trying to look up train times for our trip in June and all I keep getting is 'No solution Found'???

I'm looking for trains from Civitavecchia to Rome in June (arrival date 13th) - anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong??

If anyone can assist with train times this would be appreciated - I have tried on numerous times but I'm starting to lose my patience with it all!

TIA

You're not doing anything wrong...you're just searching too far in advance. The timetables for Civitavecchia to Rome are only loaded up until June 10th.:D.

Try again in a week, you should be able to see the timetable (or just look one week earlier, the times should be about the same).

TIA

Just look for the same day of the week, but not so far in advance.

You're not doing anything wrong...you're just searching too far in advance. The timetables for Civitavecchia to Rome are only loaded up until June 10th.:D.

Try again in a week, you should be able to see the timetable (or just look one week earlier, the times should be about the same).

I read your answer and it helped me - I was trying to book the train from Rome to Venice in July (after our cruise) and had the same problem. So the best time to book for July would be in June?

I read your answer and it helped me - I was trying to book the train from Rome to Venice in July (after our cruise) and had the same problem. So the best time to book for July would be in June?

Depends on the type of trains. For the Frecce trains (the high speed ones that connect the major cities, including Rome to Venice) I think 90 days is about right. Those trains offer a special reduced "Mini" fare when booked far in advance....the price goes up as you get closer to the date of travel (note that the MINI fares have some refund restrictions). I find that, instead of using the Trenitalia website, you'll find it easier to use the Frecce website when booking and researching this type of travel....run by the same company, but the website is easier to decipher. From the Trenitalia website, just click on "Le Frecce" near the top of the page, or go to this direct link: http://www.fsitaliane.it/lefrecce.html

For example, the 10:20am from Rome to Venice is listed at a fare of only 9 Euro for June 1. If you look at the same train for April 6th, the fare has gone up to 69 Euro. You can definitely save a lot of money if you book in advance, and are willing to absorb the risk if your plans change.

Unfortunately, timetables and hence bookings are only loaded for 6 monthly blocks. Also, the Italians are far from efficient at loading them, even though they don't change much. For example, some Frecce for the current block only got loaded in mid-November and some even later i.e. a few weeks before the current timetable.

It made planning a nightmare.

The train schedule between Civitavecchia and Rome has been pretty constant over the past few years. If you look up a closer date (best to pick the same day of the week) that will give you a good idea of the future schedule. Or course you can later confirm the schedule when they have it for your day.

Hank

Archived