Sanctuary question

dbail4

On Ruby Princess, The Sanctuary is located on deck 17, adjacent to the Lotus Spa and the spa's swim-against-the-current lap pool. The Sanctuary is currently available on five vessels, and will be added to ships across the fleet in the future. Half-day passes for The Sanctuary are available for $10 per person, for 8 am to 12:30 pm or 1 pm to 5 pm. Passengers choosing to indulge with an outdoor massage may also enjoy an hour's use of The Sanctuary area after their treatment.

Is there a charge to sit in the sanctuary??

On Ruby Princess, The Sanctuary is located on deck 17, adjacent to the Lotus Spa and the spa's swim-against-the-current lap pool. The Sanctuary is currently available on five vessels, and will be added to ships across the fleet in the future. Half-day passes for The Sanctuary are available for $10 per person, for 8 am to 12:30 pm or 1 pm to 5 pm. Passengers choosing to indulge with an outdoor massage may also enjoy an hour's use of The Sanctuary area after their treatment.

Is there a charge to sit in the sanctuary??

Yes. The half-day passes for $10 are your clue. Full-day passes cost $20.

We thought the Sanctuary was silly - there were plenty of pool loungers available for free on the same deck only a couple feet away! Supposedly the Sanctuary is quieter or something, but I can't see how it can possibly block the main pool noise of music and game shows. There were always plenty of people happy to pay though, so it must appeal to someone!

On our 2 weeks ago Sapphire cruise we saw daily only 3-5 people using it...Yes charges as noted above apply...What a waste JMHO of a large area with lots of quiet seating /lounging space...would NOT consider paying a fee to sit in an area that should be free..I think you should be able to sit there free with the option of drinks and services for a fee if you so desire....

What about the tables with chairs, do they charge to use them or are they only available to those who paid to use the loungers?

Thanks!

There is a gate to the Sanctuary. You are only allowed through the gate if you've paid your fee. Clear?

Yes. The half-day passes for $10 are your clue. Full-day passes cost $20.

We thought the Sanctuary was silly - there were plenty of pool loungers available for free on the same deck only a couple feet away! Supposedly the Sanctuary is quieter or something, but I can't see how it can possibly block the main pool noise of music and game shows. There were always plenty of people happy to pay though, so it must appeal to someone!

I used to think the same thing until I tried it once, then did it for 2 more days.

No noise from anywhere. great service and the lounge chair is yours. No worry about being a chair hog.

Look what you pay for excursion$$$$ the sanctuary is a wonderful escape

Love the Sanctuary. A lot of people are foregoing a balcony cabin and booking the Sanctuary for their entire cruise. The amenities include thick plush loungers and towels, MP3 players, flavored ice water, cool towels, special spa menu/other food options too (with a delivery fee), and a calm quiet area with no noise heard from the bands or MUTS at the main pools. The lounger belongs to you. You can sleep in with no worries, go to trivia or lunch, your lounger will be waiting for you. If you book for the entire cruise it is $15 a day.

Hello March Break!

We are sailing on the Crown on March 17..have sailed 4 previous cruises on March Break...there are NO loungers by the pool...thanks to chair hogs....I am tired of fighting the battle...we plan to run to the Sanctuary and book our chairs for the entire cruise...it's a pre-reserved chair, whenever we want to show up...

For those who sail at non-spring break times, enjoy your free lounge chairs...we have no choice.

If you wish to book for the entire cruise...run...don't walk!! It sells out very fast.

Jan

We just got off the Emerald on March 7. I never thought I'd pay for a lounge chair, but we tried the Sanctuary the first sea day. All I can say is I had no idea what I was missing. It is worth every cent! The lounge chairs are more comfortable that the beds in your cabin. You cannot hear mutts or the band playing at the Neptune pool. You are pampered with cold towels, citrus water, afternoon tea and scones. The attendants are wonderful. You come and go as you please and your loungers are always there.

If you want to book for the entire cruise, you need to be one of the first to board the ship and go directly to the sanctuary to sign up. We are platinum members and were one of the first 50 or so to board. We made the mistake of dropping our carry on bags in the room first. We got to the sanctuary at about 12:20 pm and they were sold out for the entire 10 day cruise! They hold back about 25 loungers for daily use. The line starts forming as early as 6:30am each day to reserve a half or full day for that day for the chance to sign up at 8:00am.

I can't imagine not signing up for it on our future cruises!

On our 2 weeks ago Sapphire cruise we saw daily only 3-5 people using it...Yes charges as noted above apply...What a waste JMHO of a large area with lots of quiet seating /lounging space...would NOT consider paying a fee to sit in an area that should be free..I think you should be able to sit there free with the option of drinks and services for a fee if you so desire....

I haven't been on a ship with the Sanctuary yet, but plan to be on the Crown in January. I also don't see the attraction of paying to sit on the open deck.......why not just get a balcony room and have your own quiet area any time day or night?

I guess having not seen it yet, I don't 'get' the appeal either. I just like to sit on my private aft balcony.

I assume you mean the 'endless' pool. If its in the adults only area on the Ruby, officially she is not permitted in there. That said, it can't hurt to ask especially during off hours (like if she is a morning swimmer)

Not sure what this has to do with the Sanctuary tho.

We will be on the ruby in June with my daughter who is a serious swimmer. I'm wondering if anyone really uses the swim spa, and if I have any chance of my 14 yo using it for a workout. I know the area is for adults.

That's called the main pools :)

Couple of reasons, first, as noted, its a cheaper option albeit with a bit of risk if you want to book an OV cabin. Balconies may not be in people's price range.

Second, you get a premium guaranteed lounger near a pool area (or in the case of the Island/Coral with a pool). Not too easy to jump in and out of the pool from a balcony.

From a personal standpoint, our annual vacation is all about getting away from work and family stress. Not having to worry about chair hogs, having a guaranteed nice shady spot, with attentive service on hand, that's easily worth an additional $30 a day to us regardless of how much we end up using it. It may not be as important to everyone which is the beauty of the area. Personally, on an itinerary with more than 1 or 2 sea/short port days, it will be the first thing we book.

I haven't been on a ship with the Sanctuary yet, but plan to be on the Crown in January. I also don't see the attraction of paying to sit on the open deck.......why not just get a balcony room and have your own quiet area any time day or night?

I guess having not seen it yet, I don't 'get' the appeal either. I just like to sit on my private aft balcony.

We just got off the Emerald on March 7. I never thought I'd pay for a lounge chair, but we tried the Sanctuary the first sea day. All I can say is I had no idea what I was missing. It is worth every cent! The lounge chairs are more comfortable that the beds in your cabin. You cannot hear mutts or the band playing at the Neptune pool. You are pampered with cold towels, citrus water, afternoon tea and scones. The attendants are wonderful. You come and go as you please and your loungers are always there.

If you want to book for the entire cruise, you need to be one of the first to board the ship and go directly to the sanctuary to sign up. We are platinum members and were one of the first 50 or so to board. We made the mistake of dropping our carry on bags in the room first. We got to the sanctuary at about 12:20 pm and they were sold out for the entire 10 day cruise! They hold back about 25 loungers for daily use. The line starts forming as early as 6:30am each day to reserve a half or full day for that day for the chance to sign up at 8:00am.

I can't imagine not signing up for it on our future cruises!

We will be on the Emerald April 16th. How early can we embark? We have a balcony with our mini-suite but I found out the balcony is not covered. I want to make sure to sign up for the Santuary as soon as possible.

Sharon

SPI Texas

We will be on the Emerald April 16th. How early can we embark? We have a balcony with our mini-suite but I found out the balcony is not covered. I want to make sure to sign up for the Santuary as soon as possible.

Sharon

SPI Texas

Are you an elite or platinum member? If so, there is a waiting room for just elite and platinum members. Seats are assigned in this room by first come first served. I've seen embarkation begin as early as 11am and as late as noon. We usually arrive around 11am and get assigned to the second or third row of seats. I would guess there about 50 to 75 seats in a row. When embarkation begins you go by rows to check in. The check in process takes no more than about 5 minutes if you've got all your documents out and ready.

I'm not sure what time they allow passengers to come into the waiting room, but next cruise I think we'll get there about 10:30.

If you're not elite or platinum, you will be assigned a seat in the general waiting area and board after the elite and platinum members.

Archived