Traveling Alone

hexdragon

A good friend of ours just booked Celebrity Silhouette for her Dec 1/2012 transatlantic Rome-FT Lauderdale. At the moment she is traveling solo in an Inside but is quite happy to entertain the possibility of bumping up to a Balcony if a cruise companion wanted to share costs.

My wife and I plus my Mom and her friend also have two staterooms on this cruise.

In any case, cruisers are a friendly bunch to begin with and become even nicer after a couple of days on board. If you're shy just remember that you're among good friends; we're happy that you've decided to travel with us (and vice versa I hope).

Happy Cruising,

Alan

On my Equinox cruise last year I traveled solo and booked traditional early dining. I was seated with other solo passengers and we all got to be great friends. 3 of us are planning a reunion cruise for 2013! Don't rule out sitting with anyone you never know what friends you will make! Enjoy it.

I have cruised many times by myself and did just fine. I joined in with other people I met while cruising. Once people found out I was on my own, I got lots of invites to join in. It was a bit strange eating breakfast by myself, but sometimes I just got room service and enjoyed my time on the balcony......
We usually cruise together as a couple, or sometimes with other family members, and eat dinner together. But since we don't always get up in the morning at the same time, we eat breakfast separately more often than not.

We are easygoing types who have lunch separately too on days when we are busy participating in different activities or get hungry at different times, not wanting to be tied down to a predetermined schedule.

I never really gave it a second thought before. When arriving alone for breakfast or lunch in the dining room, they would seat me at a table with other people and I can't recall that it was ever a problem.

People at the table would introduce themselves and say where they were from. Some were more eager to engage in further conversation than others, but I enjoyed having breakfast or lunch in the dining room and never found it to be a cause for concern.

On the occasions where there was a problem with slow service, it had nothing to do with my arriving by myself because the service was slow for everyone.

Archived