Shareholder obc question

smtcan

Can anyone tell me if the shareholder credit can be used with a Tuesday special? I know that Open Passages cannot be used, but I can't find any information about other obc. The person we spoke to at Celebrity had no idea what we were talking about.

Can anyone tell me if the shareholder credit can be used with a Tuesday special? I know that Open Passages cannot be used, but I can't find any information about other obc. The person we spoke to at Celebrity had no idea what we were talking about.

I booked a Tuesday special last year and had no problem getting the Shareholders credit.:)

Your mileage however may vary:D

I just got my shareholders obc; unfortunately, it wiped out my previous obc. Same amount, though. I was hoping they wouldn't notice the original obc!

I did not book my cruise on a Tuesday special, though.

I had read another post where people seemed to have common knowledge that you could NOT get your stockholder OBC when you booked a Tuesday Special (Happy Hour).

================================

Combinability?

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.com and a prompt response will be forthcoming.

=================================

I emailed the question and was told that the stockholder OBC would NOT be applicable to a Tuesday/Happy Hour special.

I see nothing in the "Combinability" rules (pasted above) that reference Tuesday/Happy Hour Specials being excluded.

I responded and asked where it is stated and never received the courtesy of a response.

I just sent my request for an April sailing book with a Tuesday/Happy Hour special. Will be interesting to see what kind of response I receive.

Frank

Rule number 1: Don't ask!

Just send in your request for a shareholder credit....don't discuss any other discounts, OBC's, perks....just a very short note giving your reservation ID cruise ship cruise date ... and a copy of your brokers statement showing you own 100 shares.

Rule number 2: Don't tell!

Celebrity occasionally actually reads cruise critic so don't brag if you get the credit.

Just send in your request for a shareholder credit....don't discuss any other discounts, OBC's, perks....just a very short note giving your reservation ID cruise ship cruise date ... and a copy of your brokers statement showing you own 100 shares.

Celebrity occasionally actually reads cruise critic so don't brag if you get the credit.

I did just that -- sent in info without any comments about OBC from TA. They gave me my shareholder credit but removed the OBC from TA. At least, that's what they said they did. I guess I won't find out for sure until I get on board -- IN 3 DAYS!!!!

I did just that -- sent in info without any comments about OBC from TA. They gave me my shareholder credit but removed the OBC from TA. At least, that's what they said they did. I guess I won't find out for sure until I get on board -- IN 3 DAYS!!!!

The TA (travel agent?) OBC has nothing to do with the shareholder OBC. The TA OBC is between the TA and you only and should show up on day 2 or 3 of your cruise on your account.

Yes, you can use the Stockholder credit for an Exciting Deal (Tuesday Special). I even received it for a 2 day on Millennium! Just send in proof of stock ownership. Use the following # to fax: 866-222-5150.

I hope they (investor relations) will be reading this post, because I've been toying with the idea of buying the 100 share, not for the investment but for the benefits, however it appears if there are other incentives out there that are just as good why buy the stock.?

I hope they (investor relations) will be reading this post, because I've been toying with the idea of buying the 100 share, not for the investment but for the benefits, however it appears if there are other incentives out there that are just as good why buy the stock.?

You are right. If you book a cruise while on a cruise and get $200 OBC for that, or if you book a cruise that Celebrity gives you an incentive, then the shareholder OBC could not be used since the two cannot be combined.

If you are like me and don't book a cruise while on a cruise, then it just might work for you. For example, we just booked a spur-of-the-moment cruise to Bermuda. We get the $100 shareholder OBC in addition to what the TA will be giving us.

Sometimes a TA will make a big deal of giving you an OBC that is really being offered to everyone by Celebrity. When making the reservation (or moving a reservation to a TA) you have to ask specifically who is providing the OBC, the TA or Celebrity. Hopefully you will get an accurate answer :)

If it is an OBC from your TA, then there is no conflict with any other OBC...it is like a gift from a friend. You might want to call your TA and ask about this BEFORE the cruise so they can assure that their OBC is still on your account.

Sometimes a TA will make a big deal of giving you an OBC that is really being offered to everyone by Celebrity. When making the reservation (or moving a reservation to a TA) you have to ask specifically who is providing the OBC, the TA or Celebrity. Hopefully you will get an accurate answer :)

If it is an OBC from your TA, then there is no conflict with any other OBC...it is like a gift from a friend. You might want to call your TA and ask about this BEFORE the cruise so they can assure that their OBC is still on your account.

When I mentioned shareholder credit to TA, she did tell me it was no longer combinable, so maybe my original OBC was from Celebrity.

When I mentioned shareholder credit to TA, she did tell me it was no longer combinable, so maybe my original OBC was from Celebrity.

suggestion: find another TA for your next cruise. That policy has been in effect for well over a year...probably longer.

Archived