First Timer

nandl2009

We've just booked our first cruise for November this year!

I'm very excited, I wish it was sooner. I was worried initially that we might be bored on a ship as we do a lot of holidays where we are trekking and sightseeing but I think I will enjoy the relaxing!

We are sailing with Celebrity on Eclipse

L

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congrats on booking your first cruise. There are some resources here that might help you plan:

Celebrity Section - there you can get any questions answered that deal with celebrity or your ship.

Port of Call section - here you can learn about tour ports.

Roll Call - Meet others sailing with you. To join, Click Boards at the top of this page, Scroll down to Roll Calls, click on your cruise line, Click on your ship. Find the thread for your sailing.

The Eclipse is a beautiful ship and I really enjoyed the Corning Hot Glass shows they had ... informative, interesting, and amazing (sat through a few of them). The wonderful thing about cruise vacations is that you can be as busy was you want to be ... relax by the pool, or do activities. Trek at ports, or just get off and explore. It's really wonderful.

I'm very excited, I wish it was sooner. I was worried initially that we might be bored on a ship as we do a lot of holidays where we are trekking and sightseeing but I think I will enjoy the relaxing!

L

I have done both on cruises and have enjoyed both ways.

The beauty of cruising is that if you want to go go go the whole time the options are there for you to do that. but if you would like to sit on your balcony or in a lounge chair and be waited on while getting a massage in the spa. you can do that as well.

you will love it I hope

That's the beauty of a cruise, you can be as busy as you want or just kick back and relax. The cruise ship puts on all types of activities throughout the day if you want activities to learn/keep busy etc.

L

Some ships can be boring, especially smaller or older ships, or with a lot of sea days such as on a trans-Atlantic.:(

But that's not the case with Eclipse.:)

Or her November itineraries.:)

Anyway, all first cruises are great.

Have a good one

JB :)

we sailed her in Jan of this year and she is a beauty. Her crew is amazing and you will be hooked. It will be the first of many I am sure. There should be a thread for cruise addicts. OK maybe this is it...........:eek:

Enjoy and if Neuman is still at the Martini Bar you will have a blast with him. Very sweet young man.

L

Congrats nandl on your first cruise, we will be cruising in May on the Carnival Valor (our first cruise also) for our 30 yr anniversary . I agree with you will just enjoy the relaxing,after all you will have ppl waiting on you and you won't have to cook or do the dishes!. Nov. will be here before you know it.Have a wonderful cruise when Nov rolls around.

Interesting that you are flying to Ft. Lauderdale for this cruise when the Eclipse has several sailings out of London (Southhampton). But, you will have some great Caribbean ports-of-call. Are you staying in the USA before or after your cruise for an extended vacation? I see you signed up for your roll call. Enjoy your cruise.

Interesting that you are flying to Ft. Lauderdale for this cruise when the Eclipse has several sailings out of London (Southhampton). But, you will have some great Caribbean ports-of-call. Are you staying in the USA before or after your cruise for an extended vacation? I see you signed up for your roll call. Enjoy your cruise.

Southampton is a couple of hours drive from London and about 4 hours from where I live. From what I can see, the ones that go from Southampton are mainly Europe based and we wanted to try something different for this holiday as we have holidayed in Europe main times.

We thought we would have a few days in Miami first before the cruise, hopefully enjoy some sunshine :)

Archived