Disembarking in Barcelona

Hello all. Hubs and I will be on the May 6th Norwegian Epic Western Med Cruise. We'll be getting back into Barcelona on the 13th. I've seen a few airfare deals out there on British Airways with a flight that leaves at 10:15am. This will be my first time disembarking in Europe (we've previously missed a flight in the Caribbean, derp!) so I'm not sure if it's any less/more hectic going through customs, disembarkation etc. Is 10:15am too early of a flight even if docking is at 7am? What do you guys think is the absolute earliest we should book a flight? Thanks for any help!

Hello all. Hubs and I will be on the May 6th Norwegian Epic Western Med Cruise. We'll be getting back into Barcelona on the 13th. I've seen a few airfare deals out there on British Airways with a flight that leaves at 10:15am. This will be my first time disembarking in Europe (we've previously missed a flight in the Caribbean, derp!) so I'm not sure if it's any less/more hectic going through customs, disembarkation etc. Is 10:15am too early of a flight even if docking is at 7am? What do you guys think is the absolute earliest we should book a flight? Thanks for any help!

Assuming your previous stop was also within the Schengen zone (most of mainland western Europe), there will be virtually nothing at all for Immigration/Customs; as all of those countries have free border controls between them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement

7am scheduled disembarkation for 10:15 AM flight, is tight! :eek:

Unless you do carryoff yourself I personally think that is too tight. The airport is close figure 30' for travel, but getting off the ship and securing transportation could be fast or easily an hour or more depending on how you do it.

It all sounds very tight time wise. If the deals are really good on 10.15 filghts then would the saving pay for a night in Barcelona? (You can get 19 euro advance rooms in the Travelodge about 20 mins from port - booked via UK website)

If you get stuck in Traffic / Queued for security screening at the airport it could cost a lot more in missed planes!

I show the Epic arriving at 5am. We were on the Epic Sept 2011 and walked off with our luggage at 6am and only saw one other couple. Plenty of taxis. It's a Sunday so traffic's not an issue. Were to the airport well before 7, for an 11am BA flight. We had to wait quite awhile for the BA counter to even open up (were able to use the kiosks though to print boarding passes). The lines at Iberia and Delta were crazy long.

I show the Epic arriving at 5am. We were on the Epic Sept 2011 and walked off with our luggage at 6am and only saw one other couple. Plenty of taxis. It's a Sunday so traffic's not an issue. Were to the airport well before 7, for an 11am BA flight. We had to wait quite awhile for the BA counter to even open up (were able to use the kiosks though to print boarding passes). The lines at Iberia and Delta were crazy long.

Thanks for sharing. We will be on the Liberty of the Seas and it gets back to Barcelona at 6am on a Saturday. We are hoping to walk off in the first group and catch a 10:45am flight back to the states.

Archived