Club hal on port days?

Hi

We are taking our two sons ages 10 and 15 on the Noordam on 17th July.

Does anyone know if there are any organised activities for port days and if not are children allowed access to Club Hal facilities when no supervision is present?

Many thanks,

Sue

Last August we were stongly discouraged from taking our son to Club HAL during port days. They were technically open and he wanted to go but the staff said he would be the only one, he would be bored, that he would have much more fun with us.

Now I would never leave him alone as he was only 7 so we wanted him to come along too. We compromised and went as a family in the morning and then I stayed on board and took him to Club HAL in the afternoon.

Your oldest son would be in the teen centre, The Oasis, I think it is called and I think it is run differently. There is no signing in or out and it has no set closing time at night. I heard one mother waying she had to send her son up at 2 in the morning to get her daughter to come to the cabin. Your 10 year old will be in the 8 - 12 age group in Club Hal and you will have the choice to sign him in and out or allowing him to do it himself.

Hopefully some parents of kids in their teens will have more experience with this group and be able to answer your questions specifically.

My nephew was in the Tween group in Club HAL last week. He went to the club one port day after we got back. We found out that even though he was permitted to sign in and out himself, while we were in port he could sign himself in but someone had to sign him out. This may be something for you to consider.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something to think about is even if they allow your young son to use Club HAL on port day and the older son to use Oasis, there is always the small chance for some reason you do not get back to the ship and they are left alone aboard. It isn't likely to happen but something to consider IMO Also, what if one of them has an accident or becomes ill while you are off the ship?

Personally I would never leave a child in Club while I was a shore.

Port days -- really depends on how many families stay on the ship if there would be a lot of activities.

I was going around the ship on one of our Alaskan cruises and wanted to get some pictures of Club HAL. It was closed that particular day as nearly everyone was off the ship.

So you may want to stop by Club HAL on embarkation day and ask questions for your particular cruise.

Archived