Can you get 5 guests in one cabin?

Just did a false booking on Freedom of the Seas and there doesn't seem to be any rooms that allow for 5 people in the room. Most categories say maximum number of people is 4. Try calling RCI and ask. Even the suit category said max 4. Look into booking adjoining rooms with the door in between. That gives you more space and a second bathroom. Booking two insides might be the way to go.

Are there any rooms on the freedom class ships that can handle a family of 5 without getting family suite?

Yes, there are family oceanview cabins that accomadate up to six guests. Call the cruiseline or your travel agent to find out details. You can only book cabins for 4 passengers or less online so you will not be able to see the availability for the family oceanviews.

I would also suggest pricing two connecting cabins since sometimes that comes out cheaper. You would end up with two bathrooms and a little privacy if you can book connecting.

We have a family promenade booked for next year on Freedom. We are a family of 6. They also have the family oceanviews, family insides and I believe family balcony. They do fill up quick though. All of the family promenades are booked for my cruise already and its still 13 months away!

Connecting cabins are better...that way, the adults can have some privacy, and the kids keep their messes in their own space! The connecting doorway allows immediate access....

And two bathrooms! For a family of five without suite prices, consider booking a D1 (balcony) and connecting Cat F (Large Oceanview stateroom) if available. There are only two of these configurations on the Freedom class ships- #9520 & 9518 and #9220 & 9218. They are located forward on Deck 9.

Connecting cabins are better...that way, the adults can have some privacy, and the kids keep their messes in their own space! The connecting doorway allows immediate access....

With the connecting rooms, are they always inside rooms? Does a JS hold 5?

With the connecting rooms, are they always inside rooms? Does a JS hold 5?

On the Freedom there are also connecting Oceanview staterooms, connecting Balcony staterooms (Superior D1 & D2, and Deluxe E1 & E2), connecting Promenade staterooms, and on Deck 9 a couple of rare Balcony/Large Oceanview, and Balcony/Interior connecting. (See my post #6 above for details on the D1/Cat F connecting staterooms that accommodate five). In addition, there are connecting JS staterooms, JS with a D1, GS w/ a D1, and D1 w/ an E1. And likely a few other combos. You can view the deck plan for each RC ship on their website, and look for the symbol signifying connecting staterooms. :)

Besides the family staterooms and suites, none of the staterooms are made for five passengers UNLESS one of those passengers is 3 or younger. (Any category cabin can accommodate one more than the maximum if one of the guest is 3 or younger.)

Check pricing on the family cabins and on adjoining cabins - it's often less expensive to book 2 cabins than one of the family, but not always so it pays do check. (And, of course, there's the extra bathroom and additional privacy!)

We have a family promenade booked for next year on Freedom. We are a family of 6. They also have the family oceanviews, family insides and I believe family balcony. They do fill up quick though. All of the family promenades are booked for my cruise already and its still 13 months away!

There are no family balconies on the Freedom class. I wish there were! :(

Besides the family staterooms and suites, none of the staterooms are made for five passengers UNLESS one of those passengers is 3 or younger. (Any category cabin can accommodate one more than the maximum if one of the guest is 3 or younger.)

Check pricing on the family cabins and on adjoining cabins - it's often less expensive to book 2 cabins than one of the family, but not always so it pays do check. (And, of course, there's the extra bathroom and additional privacy!)

There are no family balconies on the Freedom class. I wish there were! :(

I thought I had read somewhere where an exception was made for a younger child as a 5th passenger to book in a room made for 4. Probably would be way too crowded though.

I thought I had read somewhere where an exception was made for a younger child as a 5th passenger to book in a room made for 4. Probably would be way too crowded though.

It's not just for cabins that hold 4. You're allowed one extra guest in any cabin as long as one guest is 3 and under. For example, if a stateroom's max is 2, then you're allowed 3 people if one guest is 3 or under. Likewise, if a cabin's max is 8, then you're allowed 9 if one guest is 3 or under. :)

We have had the FP grade cabin on the Freedom class ships, and they are great! You get a proper bathroom with a proper bath, and its a reasonable size, a proper queen size bed for the adults, then a small room with bunk beds for two kids, then the sofa in teh living area folds out at night into a queen size as well, plus a large walk in wardrobe/dressing area, the beauty is that it is two insides opened out into a large 300 sqft room, the promenade versions have two windows onto the royal promenade and two love seats in those windows.

In my view they are good value, as you only pay the full rate on the first two people in teh room, passengers 3,4,5 and6 only pay the usual child or additional persons rate so they can work out so much better value than two interconnecting rooms which you would be paying full rate for the first two in each room so offer good value over interconnecting.

For example, our Canary Island cruise last year on Indy was £1000 for the first two then £200 for the four kids that came with us, £2800 in total had we gone for two interconnecting standard insides rooms, it would of been £1000 x 4 people plus 2 x £200 for the last two kids, £4400 so a considerable saving.

They are great rooms, loads of space, loads of storage, perfect for a large family, and congratuations to RC for recognising families often have more than 2 kids and want to cruise and cruise at a reasonable cost!

Hope this helps.

James

Archived