Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Does anyone know if Graham Seymour still sings a solo of "Chasing Cars" during one of the shows?

Think so, seems to be his trademark thing for the final night. Excellent CD imo, though not to everyone's tastes

Does anyone have experiences with Dave Chapman and/or know anything about him?

Sheri

Dave is terrific!!!! We had him on the Explorer years ago when he was Bingo Boy Dave....and activities director. We were so excited to have him as cruise director. So glad he just doesn't go fill in for vacations and so forth. He is one great young man. Hope to cruise with him again.

We are on the Allure 9/2/12 sailing and the email I just got from RCCL says that Alan Brooks will be CD, effective 9/2/12.

Alan is only onboard until Sept. 30th then Jimmy Rhodes takes over until Ken Rush returns from break. I cruise on Allure on the Sept. 30th sailing and this info came from an email from RCCL.

Don't set your heart it. The emails from RCI are notoriously inaccurate. I don't like to update the list based on those emails because it just creates a lot of confusion. I prefer reports that come directly from the CD's through cruisers who spoke to them, or through the CD's updates on their FB pages, etc.

Donna i will like to say you doing a very good job

Thank you very much! I kind of enjoy the challenge...it's like puzzle-solving!

Richard spacey is in new york in a hotel he will be boarding on the explorer when she come,this info is on his facebook page

BTW...I couldn't find Richard's FB page. I am following him on twitter, though. He hasn't spoken about returning to EX on twitter yet.

Adventure OTS - "cultural director" Jerome Sueur has taken over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months. (Needs confirmation)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey will be back as CD on July 28. (Richard is onboard EX now - unclear if he has taken over CD duties as of July 19 or if there is an overlap on the current sailing)

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (Needs confirmation)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until mid-July, then Leo Papa (Needs confirmation)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July (Needs confirmation)

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen was scheduled to return on 6/30 for 4 weeks, however someone on that sailing reported that Simona was still the CD. (Can someone confirm the changeover? Does anyone know who will be CD after Warren)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break (need date).

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - *Anna Bass started June 15 until July 27 (who will be the next CD?)

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 (until when?)

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Is Abel currently CD on Adventure?

Is Richard currently CD on Explorer? (conflicting start dates have been reported)

Is Jimmy Rhodes currently CD on Legend?

Who is the current CD on Liberty? James or Leo?

Who is the current CD on Majesty? Mitch or Dave?

Who is the current CD on Navigator? Simona or Warren (Warren was supposed to start on June 30, but recent cruisers have reported that Simona is still CD)

What happens to Leigh Xuereb after Richard Spacey takes over as CD on EX? (goes on break? goes back to being Activities Director under Richard?)

Who will be the next CD on Rhapsody when Anna takes her break next week?

Dave Chapman is the CD, at least as of now. We saw him last night at the Welcome Aboard show.

Thanks Daghis. I had Dave joining MJ "mid-July" but didn't know the exact start date...thanks for confirming that he is there.

Is Abel currently CD on Adventure?

Is Richard currently CD on Explorer? (conflicting start dates have been reported)

Who is the current CD on Navigator? Simona or Warren (Warren was supposed to start on June 30, but recent cruisers have reported that Simona is still CD)

What happens to Leigh Xuereb after Richard Spacey takes over as CD on EX? (goes on break? goes back to being Activities Director under Richard?)

Who is the current CD on Rhapsody since Anna has already left?

Adventure OTS - "cultural director" Jerome Sueur has taken over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months. (Needs confirmation)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey will be back as CD on July 28. (Richard is onboard EX now - unclear if he has taken over CD duties as of July 19 or if there is an overlap on the current sailing)

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started mid-July.

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen was scheduled to return on 6/30 for 4 weeks, however someone on that sailing reported that Simona was still the CD. (Can someone confirm the changeover? Does anyone know who will be CD after Warren)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break (need date).

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - unknown

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Yes Abel was the cruise director. He is fluent in Spanish so got on well with many of the passengers. I had a long chat with him on the Peekaboo bridge and got to like him there.

Who is the current CD on Rhapsody since Anna has already left?

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months.

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16

Rhapsody OTS - unknown

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July (Needs confirmation)

Rhapsody OTS - *Anna Bass started June 15 until July 27 (who will be the next CD?)

Graham just posted again, about 15 minutes ago, confirming the plans that you published.

Graham just posted again, about 15 minutes ago, confirming the plans that you published.

Here's the link to his post, in case anyone is interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462

Graham Seymour here

Hi All

Firstly Thank you as always for your kind words I am truly happy we have fun together

My Replacement / Fill is onboard - Drew Devine

We have only ever met once before at a conference in Miami and yet getting on like a house on fire. Funny that he is all rested from vacation and ready to go....(anyone who is here through my vacation will have a great time with Drew I'm sure) and I am very tired and READY TO GO !! This is my last 6 month contract.... 4 months from now on

Looking forward to going home seeing the folks' date=' cooking, getting the cars out of storage and driving...roller blading (no laughing...allowed if you see me doing it though).

Will have some exciting news when I return...new stuff I am working on

Lost a good friend a couple of months back Corey Schmidt a former Cruise Director from Carnival. He was hurting inside and took his life, so still getting my head around that, alot of fond memories with him and I miss him, even though we lost touch over the last couple of years...you just never know going on behind the smile. Have some old video footage of us doing comedy improv together which I dig out when I get home and smile..

Another plan of mine to get a "whose line is it anyway" night on the Freedom

Anyway, as always thank you for your kind words, I know I am not everybodies "cup of tea" as we say, But as long as you get my name right ...say what you wish ) x

Be well

Graham[/quote']

Archived