New Cost Cutting Measures

"After the successful elimination of our popular, quality, and easy to use luggage tags, Royal Caribbean International announces a new cost cutting measure sure to please our Do-It-Yourself/RCCL Cheerleader Clientele! Coming this spring RCCL will cease issuing SeaPass Cards on check-in. Instead guests will print their own SeaPass cards in the convenience of their own home! Curbside, next to the kiosk offering luggage tag packing tape for sale and rental staplers, passengers may use a new vending machine to laminate their SeaPass cards for a nominal charge! Standard 15% gratuity will apply to all luggage tag and SeaPass services offered curbside.

Another exciting cost cutting measure is being phased in as ships undergo Drydock: Passengers will avoid the uncertainty of when their luggage will be delivered. A luggage surcharge will be applied to each checked bag, and passengers will retrieve their own baggage in a contemporary lounge adjacent to the Naughty Room!"

Very clever, but I would prefer they eliminate the cost of printing, packaging, postage for bag tags and put that money into the food budget.

Give some thought the cost of tags, fleetwide, then weekly, then monthly then annually.

But, you found the right prose and verbage to give the appearance that it came directly from their web site! You are a wordsmith!!!

"To further enhance our "Save The Waves" program, guests are asked to bring their own bed-linens and towels to use during their cruise vacation. For those traveling without their own linens, the linen-rental service offers a convenient way to have clean linens at the start of the cruise vacation. Prices are subject to change without notice. Availability may vary from port to port. Please click here to order your bed-linens and towels or call one of our Onboard Amenities Representatives at 800-590-6193 for, questions or concerns."

"After the successful elimination of our popular, quality, and easy to use luggage tags, Royal Caribbean International announces a new cost cutting measure sure to please our Do-It-Yourself/RCCL Cheerleader Clientele! Coming this spring RCCL will cease issuing SeaPass Cards on check-in. Instead guests will print their own SeaPass cards in the convenience of their own home! Curbside, next to the kiosk offering luggage tag packing tape for sale and rental staplers, passengers may use a new vending machine to laminate their SeaPass cards for a nominal charge! Standard 15% gratuity will apply to all luggage tag and SeaPass services offered curbside.

Another exciting cost cutting measure is being phased in as ships undergo Drydock: Passengers will avoid the uncertainty of when their luggage will be delivered. A luggage surcharge will be applied to each checked bag, and passengers will retrieve their own baggage in a contemporary lounge adjacent to the Naughty Room!"

This is a joke. Not going to happen. The sea pass is the key to your cabin.

This thread should be removed for lack of any factual basis.

oh crap, it's not real? I have never sailed RCL and we were excited...now I read this said forget it if they are going the way of CCL so I just cancelled our terrific room!!

Why mislead me?

For anyone who has cruised on Royal in the past and seen the cutbacks and changes first hand, this is indeed a funny thread but not beyond the realm of possibility. Just look at the changes and cutbacks in the past 10 years, and who knows what the next 10 years could hold?

"To further enhance your cruise experience RCI is pleased to announce a "nostalgia" class of cabins on select ships. Those who book a nostalgia class cabin will receive a special sea pass card allowing free access to all nostalgia class decks 2, 3, and 4. The nostalgia class cabins include convenient pullman beds for all so that up to six family members can travel together. Third World class dining venues are provided on each deck and all guests will dine at communal tables after preparing their own meals using their own utensils. Please note that those traveling nostalgia class will be unable to access other decks of the ship without upgrading to nostalgia plus."

I realize this is a total joke, but do we REALLY care about the elimination of luggage tags? PULEEZE! If it saves money, go for it. We can always have a skycap/porter apply the luggage tag. It saves postage, too. I'm sure EVERYONE, not just RCCL, is trying to save money these days....with increased fuel costs, increased food costs, etc. Cutting luggage tags? NO BIG DEAL!

Oh wow -- I'll admit you got me. I was starting to work up a real panic till I read the responses and realized I got punked!

GOTTA find a way to inject Gilgo Surfer with a sense of humor!!!!!

This is one of those fun threads that occasionally pops up on CC. Thankfully for it!!!!

AND, in every bit of humor, there is a background of truth....the point being, we all see cuts and wish they would find a way to restore some of the little things.

Archived