Will guest services reassign OBC?

cschultz

My husband and I are going on a family cruise. Our two adult children are going, along with their boyfriend and girlfriend. After we booked, another friend of my sons and my mother in law wanted to go along. My husband said that we would pay for the BF, GF, along with our son and daughter. His mother and my son's friend are paying their own way.

Everyone is paying their own tips. We got a bunch of OBC, from our travel agent, price drops, stock ownership, and future cruise certificates. We have 3 rooms total, but don't have everyone listed in the room where they will be.....for example......my husband and I are split to take advantage of 2 future cruise certificates. We moved other people around to have a past guest in each room.......you get the picture. I know that guest services will switch us around to get the keys straight, but can they put all the OBC on my account so I can get the money back for the late price drops?

Something to watch out for if they do move OBC for you. When I sailed in October, myself and the 2 friends I shared a room with had a $50 nonrefundable OBC from Carnival for a chartered cruise. All of it was put on my account. When I told them the story that $50 belonged to each of the other ladies, they happily moved it from my REFUNDABLE OBC that I put on before I left. Long story short, when it came time to cash out, they refused to give me about $25 of my balance since I didn't spend all my nonrefundable OBC (the original $150). Luckily another person came along, did a few transfers to my friends account for me and all was fixed.

If they do move them, make sure your not stuck with all the nonrefundable on your account.

We and my two teens had 2 adjoining balcony cabins on Dream. We had a large sum of obc for each of the cabins. When we got on board, I linked their accounts/sign and sails with mine, and my credit card, and the obc's were used interchangably between the cabins and sign and sail cards.

We and my two teens had 2 adjoining balcony cabins on Dream. We had a large sum of obc for each of the cabins. When we got on board, I linked their accounts/sign and sails with mine, and my credit card, and the obc's were used interchangably between the cabins and sign and sail cards.

that would work for the people the OP wants to be responsible for, if she puts in the online check in she wants to be responsible for people on other bookings.

OP your expenses are tied to your S&S card/credit card, not to the cabin you sleep in. The OBC though is going to be tied to whichever cabin it was assigned to.

My opinion-if I was in the place of the people who you paid for and I believe they are your children and their friends, is that I would feel so blessed that I had such a generous friend and parent, that I would give you in cash(unless you are also paying for everything on the cruise), that I would give you the cash equivalent of the amount of the OBC.

Either way, friends, family, whatever-if someone was generous enough to pay for my cabin and there was an OBC, I would make sure the person paying for the cabin got the OBC someway from me.

Just my two cents worth.

Archived