eating dinner at buffet ??????

ozzyboy

does anyone have any input on eating dinner at the buffet and not in the dinning room?? is the food the same as dinning room and what about dress code? thanks

Dinner at the buffet is a sit-down table service with a limited menu pulled from the menus available in the other MDRs.

Dress code, I believe, is the same as everywhere.

I've read reports that some people enjoyed eating there, fewer diners, quieter. The servers/cooking staff are trainees, so sometimes there are problems with the service.

Sometimes, people cannot eat at their assigned dining time and opt for the "buffet". It's come-whenever-you-want.

:)

I just wanted to add to read your Navigator carefully. We were on the Wonder a few weeks ago and a couple of nights the Beach Blanket buffet was indeed a buffet and not a sit down meal. If it is going to be a sit down meal it will say "ala carte". If it will be a buffet, it said "buffet" in the Navigator. I thought it was always a sit down meal for dinner and was quite disappointed when we skipped our dining room that night and showed up to Beach Blanket to find a buffet line! Dress is very casual, shorts are fine. There were a few little ones in there in their pjs!

Dress code is relaxed.

On the Dream, it was a la carte (when it was open - not on the first night and not on the last night of a cruise).

We found the food better than the dining room because it was hot and freshly made to order.

For instance, we had had the pasta pursettes in the dining room and they were good but the sauce had kind of congealed on them and they were just warm. In Cabanas, they were hot, and the sauce was still liquidy and flowed around them - they were incredible. Same with the risotto - in the dining room it was thick and congealed and only warm - in Cabanas, it was practically sizzling just out of the pan, super fresh and creamy.

There were I think 4 different options for steaks (again cooked exactly to order) plus lots of good other choices.

Our service was outstanding because, while they were "in training", they had a lot fewer tables to serve and were very eager to please. They checked mutliple times to make sure everything was to our liking.

Its been decades but the only reason I'd do the buffet is if I lost my watch and missed the sitdown. The rotating sit down dinning was one of the best cruising service experience I've had sailing, food well that was better than most too, buffet is buffet

does anyone have any input on eating dinner at the buffet and not in the dinning room?? is the food the same as dinning room and what about dress code? thanks

Archived