Are you getting bored of the same itineraries?

martini_guy

I'm at the point where I can barely remember how many times I've been in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Makes me wonder why 80% of the ships do almost the same eastern and western carribean itineraries.

Would be nice if they would throw a few different ports into the mix to keep things interesting. Also, I'd rather go to some of the really good ports more often (ie St Maarten) instead of the less interesting ones that are basically tourist traps.

I'm sad that I missed out on the great Miami-Panama 8 day itinerary. Hopefully, they'll restore that one with one of the newer ships.

We are doing the Turks, La Romana, Curacao and Aruba. 8 day.

Have not been to any of these yet..

I like that one as well..!! :) We LOVE Carnival, but have branched out recently for 'itinerary' purposes..:rolleyes:;)

Im moving my Alaska cruise so its a B2B with the ship going to Hawaii.

Im looking forward to Alaska and Hawaii, 3 weeks.

I am a bit tired of the same ships out of Galveston and New Orleans, so glad Conquest is being moved, as its not my favorite ship by a long shot. .. and I booked her twice more after she gets 2.0. (once is exotic Western, Belize and Roatan and I like roatan).

I'm 65 and I've been cruising since I was 19. Went with a girlfriend on a 5-day cruise to Jamaica on a cruise ship called the "Jamaica Queen." Had a great time!:D In those days you could cruise by yourself at 19. It was awesome! Never got carded in those days!;)

So, I've cruised just about everywhere in the Caribbean both East, West, and South and most of Mexico both East and West. Been to Alaska and Europe too. There are still plenty of places left to cruise to in Europe and Asia but the airfare is outrageous these days so it's hard to do those for now.

I still love to cruise though and we are headed back to good old Mexico for spring break with the DS and his friend.:D

Nope. I've been on six cruises so far, and yet to repeat any port. That will change next January when we return to Nassua for the first time, and then off to Europe for cruise #8. There are still three itineraries in the Caribbean I want to do, one with no repeated ports, one with half the ports repeated, and one with all repeat ports. There are also places I want to go that I don't think Carnival goes to.

We've only been on 5 cruises so far. I have found different things to do in repeat ports. I actually don't care where we go, as long as we go. My destination is the ship & the ports.

Same here so far because I'm just now getting ready to go on my 6th cruise. However, I wish Carnival would go back to Playa del Carmen/Calica. We got to go there in 2011 and absolutely loved PDC! Now I don't find any cruises going there :(

I'm at the point where I can barely remember how many times I've been in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Makes me wonder why 80% of the ships do almost the same eastern and western carribean itineraries.

Would be nice if they would throw a few different ports into the mix to keep things interesting. Also, I'd rather go to some of the really good ports more often (ie St Maarten) instead of the less interesting ones that are basically tourist traps.

I'm sad that I missed out on the great Miami-Panama 8 day itinerary. Hopefully, they'll restore that one with one of the newer ships.

They basically include the ports which are most popular with the majority of cruisers, especially those who are new to cruising. They are in the business to make a profit and if most cruisers did not want to go to those same old, same old islands, they wouldn't have them in their itineraries. However, it shouldn't take a lot of effort to find any number of cruises on Carnival or other lines which visit other islands in the Caribbean. You just have to look for them and be willing to sail on a variety of lines and leave from a variety of ports. St. Maarten always has three or four ships in port when we have docked there and the same can be said of most other ports, so someone is sailing to them on almost every week. Look for yourself or ask your travel agent to find a cruise for you that takes you to new and different ports and

you may be surprised at how many options you have.

After our Breeze cruise next year, we'll have run out of new ports to see unless you count Puerto Rico, where I was stationed in the Coast Guard. Would rather do a land based trip there so I can show my wife more of the island. :)

So have you really visited St. Croix, Tortola, Grenada, Bonaire, St.Lucia, Dominica, Turks & Caicos, Barbados, and the rest of the multitude of islands in the Caribbean? If so I envy you. We have been to most but still not all of the islands out there over the past thirty odd years and even when we repeat a port of call, we frequently find something new to see or do. Some islands deserve more than a brief one day visit and those are ones we would return to for a land-based trip, while others pretty much can be seen and appreciated in a few hours. That is one of the advantages of taking a cruise since it gives us an opportunity to evaluate and differentiate between the two.

We just got back today from a western Caribbean cruise and we had been to all the stops several times so it didn't cost us anything in excursion money and we just used it as a rest and relax trip, did get off in every stop for some shopping, was a nice week.

I guess that I am sort of bored with the western itineraries, though I do like very much Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Costa Maya, but I have done that been there too many times now, so have chosen eastern Carib for my next cruise, and Grand Turk and HMC will be new ports for me. And there is really no place in the Caribbean that I have been, that I dont like at all.

What Im saying is that Im just a little over saturated by the western itin for now, so need to see places that I havent seen in years, or even new places. But I will always be happy to go back to the old standbys, ie; cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and hopefully back to Roatan some day, and especially Costa Rica ( loved that ).

I have been to Europe, many countries earlier in my life, and as far as cruises go, I have no desire to do a Mediterranean one, or a Scandianavian etc. I love the Caribbean!! And will never be bored with it, but there will be times when I want to switch from Western to Eastern, or Southern. Just me. But I will never tire of the Caribbean.:)

Yes! I wouldn't care if I ever saw Nassau, Freeport or Progreso ever again. More of the East coast ships should stop at HMC, Grand Turk and Key West instead. I love Cozumel, so I wouldn't mind going there every cruise.

Yes, I find myself wishing for more variety

St. Croix, St. Lucia, Barbados, Tortola, Grenada, Dominica, Turks & Caicos and St. Kitts are still part of my "bucket list", so hoping Carnival will meet my interests..!!:p Its just Grand Cayman that I think I've been to too many times, but I enjoy the 'day on the ship'!!!:rolleyes::D

So have you really visited St. Croix, Tortola, Grenada, Bonaire, St.Lucia, Dominica, Turks & Caicos, Barbados, and the rest of the multitude of islands in the Caribbean?

I've been to most of those, actually... and wish I could go back to St Lucia most especially. But not a lot of itins go down that way. Most beautiful island I've ever seen...

:sigh

Archived