How Do You Know Your Room Is Ready?

AlaskaDay

First time cruiser on Carnival in a few weeks. Have always cruised on Princess who will not let you on the ship until the rooms are cleaned and ready. Understand you can board on Carnival; however, your room may not be ready yet. How do you know when it is ready other than just checking back from time to time? Thanks!

First time cruiser on Carnival in a few weeks. Have always cruised on Princess who will not let you on the ship until the rooms are cleaned and ready. Understand you can board on Carnival; however, your room may not be ready yet. How do you know when it is ready other than just checking back from time to time? Thanks!

They usually make an announcement. Well, at least I remember them doing so on our Dream cruise.

No announcements (that I've ever heard). The main hallway doors to the passenger cabins will typically be closed until all the rooms in that hallway are ready. This is usually sometime between 1:00 and 2:00PM.

They are currently working a trial out of the Galveston Port to have all cabins ready by 11:00. It's only been going on for about a month and after cruising out of Galveston last week I can tell you as of now nothing has changed. We got into the cabin around 1:30PM.

Two ways, they usually tell you when you get on the ship your room will be ready at 1:30

or

They usually block the hallways until the rooms are ready, when they let you down the hall, there ready

On both of our Carnival cruises the halls were closed off by doors and locked. They opened them when they were ready to let people in. They were a little late getting rooms ready on the last cruise and people were packed in the stairs and hallways waiting, we choose to wait on deck.

We have never found the hall doors to be locked.

They are just closed. We go and see if they are ready and on SOME cruises they are NOT ready at 1:30. We have always been able to put our bags in the room under the bed even if the room is not completely ready.

usually the kindly ask you to board between 1-2ish so assume once you get on the ship they are ready?

never had a problem so far! They work hard to get them ready so why not follow the rules?

last thing I want is to invite guest at 6 and they show up at 4 because they are rude! paying or not!

Last month on the Glory they had people stationed around the ship with t shirts that said something like "ask me anything". While we were having lunch on the Lido they were telling people the the rooms were now open.

In my exprence there have been signs on the closed hallway doors saying the rooms were not ready. When the rooms were ready, the doors would be open and the sign is down. Last time we cruised our room was ready around noon, which seemed early so I asked the room steward if we could go in. He smiled and said yes. It was a nice treat to get in early but I wouldn't expect it.

They'll give you a letter when you board with the time your cabin will be ready and confirmation of the cruise itinerary. We just eat lunch, check out our mdr table, have a drink and by then our cabin is ready.

The past 2 cruises, we have ventured to where our cabins were and found the hallway doors closed, not locked. Each time we poked our heads in..saw a cabin steward in the area and asked if we could place our carry-ons in the room. Each time we got a smile and were invited to drop our bags (and the rooms were actually "ready" each time as well")

You never know until you ask.....

LPC

Archived