Is a 10:25 flight out of Seattle

VolzCruiser

You left out a lot of details but I'll give you the travel times and you can decide for yourself.

From either pier it's a 30 minute drive to the airport; give it 1 hr in case of construction, events in the city, sports events, etc. You should be at the airport at least 1 1/2 hrs before departure.

Assuming you meant 10:30am, I wouldn't risk it. You would have to be IN your taxi at 8am. If your ship is delayed or disembarkation is delayed .... there's no wiggle room.

I made a 10:20am flight in Seattle after an Alaska cruise, but that was when I was new to cruising and did not realize how risky it was. While I made my flight no problem, it was only because I did not experience any delays (ship arrived on time, cleared local authorities fast, I got off the ship quickly, not much traffic to the airport and the lines at the airport were not bad). Now I know better and build in some wiggle room so that all but a highly unusual delay will allow me to make my flight. The cost of missing one's flight can be extremely high, so I no longer would personally consider risking an early flight.

In order to make a 10:30 AM flight you would have to do self-disembarkation. While the idea of carrying my luggage off a ship has never appealed to me, some people do self-disembarkation routinely. Even if you did so, there would still be very little "wiggle" room to make that flight.

I agree. Too early. But first see what penalty you'd have to pay to rescheule to a later flight (assuming one is available). You may also have to pay a higher, last-minute, fare. What are your other options for flights?

If you check a map for the area, you'll see that the airport is far south of Seattle. The port (and all the cruise terminals) are in the city's area. I've been in traffic jams involving the airport area in my few visits to the NW so I imagine it happens quite a bit.

Archived