Breakaway update

russianmom

Norwegian Cruise Line today unveiled a major innovation in ship design: The Waterfront and 678 Ocean Place on its newest ship, Norwegian Breakaway, launching in April 2013. This new concept includes an oceanfront boardwalk lined with shops, restaurants and bars, combined with three expansive, flowing decks of dining, bars, entertainment, gaming and more. The Waterfront and 678 Ocean Place will take cruising to new heights and offer an unparalleled experience with a unique connection to the ocean.

Visit http://www.breakaway.ncl.com for all of the exciting details.

Never mind - it appears to work in Internet Explorer. So strange that in Firefox I can see the Restaurants section, but not the other 2...

I am running Firefox too and I can get to those sections by clicking the Ship tab at the top of the website only.

Never mind - it appears to work in Internet Explorer. So strange that in Firefox I can see the Restaurants section, but not the other 2...

Thanks for mentioning this. I can't see everything in Chrome, but was assuming it wasn't available yet. So, I'll switch to IE.

Norwegian Cruise Line today unveiled a major innovation in ship design: The Waterfront and 678 Ocean Place on its newest ship, Norwegian Breakaway, launching in April 2013. This new concept includes an oceanfront boardwalk lined with shops, restaurants and bars, combined with three expansive, flowing decks of dining, bars, entertainment, gaming and more. The Waterfront and 678 Ocean Place will take cruising to new heights and offer an unparalleled experience with a unique connection to the ocean.

Visit http://www.breakaway.ncl.com for all of the exciting details.

Sounds awesome, I hope I'm able to check it out in 2013 :)

Thanks for the tease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this app :)

Did any of you notice the artist's rendering of the Ocean Blu restaurant depicted a blackboard on the wall which included prices for the menu items????? For example, the bottom item was fries $2.40! Does this mean the venues on the Waterfront are all pay as you go for food items????

Did any of you notice the artist's rendering of the Ocean Blu restaurant depicted a blackboard on the wall which included prices for the menu items????? For example, the bottom item was fries $2.40! Does this mean the venues on the Waterfront are all pay as you go for food items????

Of course I'm not sure but reading some of the dining options, it seemed to me that those dining inside have a different menu than those dining outside or outside was a la carte?

Not sure but at one point I thought this when reading the dining options.

Ocean Blue is on my radar as well as Moderno, Cagneys and Tappanyaki. I guess we will hear more in April.

I was just wondering how is this open market (boardwalk) going to work on sea days... The decks are always so darn windy or maybe its just the cruises we have been on...

The boardwalk and any tables/chairs etc are going to take a beating with the sea air/mist and any storms they might encounter too. A lot of upkeep will need to be done to keep things "ship shape" (pardon the pun).

I was just wondering how is this open market (boardwalk) going to work on sea days... The decks are always so darn windy or maybe its just the cruises we have been on...

They have outside seating on RCCLs larger ships at Johnny Rockets, which you never felt the wind and it is right up against the railing.

The boardwalk and any tables/chairs etc are going to take a beating with the sea air/mist and any storms they might encounter too. A lot of upkeep will need to be done to keep things "ship shape" (pardon the pun).

We sailed on the CCL Dream where they have the promanade going all around the ship with I thought some outside eating but can't remember.

What I DO remember though is there were MANY complaints on the CCL board of when the Dream came out from those that had booked the deck above the outside promanade. Instead of looking down and seeing water, the decks directly above the promanade looked at the promanade. Hot tubs were right in front of cabins with balconys as well as where a night club let out in the evening. And, forget those that booked on the wrong side of the ship where smoking was allowed.

We have 4 BAs booked on Deck 13 on Breakaway but I can tell you that if whatever deck the promanade is located (can't remember) I would book at least 2-3 cabins above it.

I look forward to reading more about the entertainment (although we really don't go to shows) and the other outside venues (such as pools, hot tubs) and more about the spa.

Although my kids are 19 and 15, my sister is waiting on more information about the kids clubs for her young sons.

JS, hadn't thought of all that..... hmmm. I wasn't thinking about being right above it. I wasn't even thinking about smoking. I just assumed they would not allow smoking even in the outdoor restaraunts. Was I wrong to assume that?

They have outside seating on RCCLs larger ships at Johnny Rockets, which you never felt the wind and it is right up against the railing.

We sailed on the CCL Dream where they have the promanade going all around the ship with I thought some outside eating but can't remember.

What I DO remember though is there were MANY complaints on the CCL board of when the Dream came out from those that had booked the deck above the outside promanade. Instead of looking down and seeing water, the decks directly above the promanade looked at the promanade. Hot tubs were right in front of cabins with balconys as well as where a night club let out in the evening. And, forget those that booked on the wrong side of the ship where smoking was allowed.

We have 4 BAs booked on Deck 13 on Breakaway but I can tell you that if whatever deck the promanade is located (can't remember) I would book at least 2-3 cabins above it.

I look forward to reading more about the entertainment (although we really don't go to shows) and the other outside venues (such as pools, hot tubs) and more about the spa.

Although my kids are 19 and 15, my sister is waiting on more information about the kids clubs for her young sons.

After reading your post, I reread the article. The Waterfront is on Deck 8.

How many times reading about the BREAKAWAY do you read the phrase "connection with the sea." I swear I read it 3 times already in describing the decks. It seems like they really focused on many complaints about the Epic.

Epic was like..... ooops we forgot about the sea :)

I always wondered why cruise ships didn't build promenade decks in boardwalk style, with shops and bars open to the sea instead of inside. I was sure it would encourage shopping and alcohol sales. :p

Then Carnival Dream came up with the lanai concept which is pretty close.

Now Norwegian seems to have nailed it. :D Can't wait to see the product! I am now almost tempted to cancel my Epic cruise and wait for Breakaway.

IMHO.It appears to me it is going to be like other restaurants that have a pay as you go raw bar.

Archived