Breakaway update

russianmom

With so much outdoor space, I begin to think they may eventually move Breakaway to Miami to swap with Epic.

Epic has virtually all indoor venues and is well suited for northeast weather. Breakaway has more outdoor space and will be good for Miami's year round warm weather.

After reading your post, I reread the article. The Waterfront is on Deck 8.

Thanks. I'm on Deck 13 with cabins above/below me so I'm ok but I remember when the CCL Dream first came out there were many angry people that were booked right above the promanade and looked down at it (not the water), there were pictures that people took from their balcony looking right into the hot tubs, some were over where the night club went out and there was smoking allowed on one side of the ship or certain areas, can't remember.

If I was booked on Deck 9 and possibly 10 on Breakaway, I would definately move.

I would suggest those booked on those decks to go to the CCL thread and look at old threads and pictures from when the Dream came out so they can see how close they will be to the promanade. I went on the Dream in the summer of 2010 (I think) and the ship had just come out not too long before that if that helps anyone when they are doing a search.

The Breakaway looks beautiful. I love the decor and the outside venues. I like what I have seen so far in terms of restaurants. I'm so glad we decided to try a new cruiseline.

Although we don't do the shows, I look forward to hearing about the entertainment, pools, hot tubs and pools.

Is there bowling on the ship? I thought someone may have mentioned it but I don't remember reading about it not that it really matters but I bet my older teens would like it.

OK, I'm in, we will be on the Sky next week and will put a deposit down for the breakaway!

NCL Sky 3/19/12

Have a great time on the Sky. I will be sailing the Sky with my mother and daughter for a quick girls weekend over Memorial Day weekend and would love if you can come back and give an honest review.

Can you please see if the Chef's Table is available. If possible, can you see if there are still openings when you get on the ship and note what time you got on and if there is still availability and what night it is scheduled.

Have a wonderful cruise and don't forget to put that deposit down on Breakaway!

My DW booked us a Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony. I really wasn't sold on it until I saw the deck plans and the concept photos.

This is going to awesome!:D

This may not be the place to ask, however,

With the artist rendition of the deck plans, Forward-Facing Penthouse I cannot place the balcony. The NCL site shows two portholes.

Is the balcony on the SIDE of the ship?

This may not be the place to ask, however,

With the artist rendition of the deck plans, Forward-Facing Penthouse I cannot place the balcony. The NCL site shows two portholes.

Is the balcony on the SIDE of the ship?

My understanding the balcony is on the side. The portholes provide light to bedroom/bathroom. They are on the corners. The middle portholes are ocean view cabins.

My understanding the balcony is on the side. The portholes provide light to bedroom/bathroom. They are on the corners. The middle portholes are ocean view cabins.

Thank you.

For this Trans-Atlanic cruise, my DW and I are booked in a forward ocean view(porthole), next to a forward penthouse. I hope we have good neighbors, who like to share. :-)

Thank you.

For this Trans-Atlanic cruise, my DW and I are booked in a forward ocean view(porthole), next to a forward penthouse. I hope we have good neighbors, who like to share. :-)

Soryy for the sarcasm....

I thought the holes were for an "ocean view".

I am pretty sure the balcony faces forward and bathroom and bedroom face the side., i am going to figure this out:confused:

Look at the 360 view now on the breakaway micro site. There are no balconies on the front of the ship. The deck plans even allow for a side balcony.

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/experience/the-waterfront-360/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Loving the looks so far and also loving the idea of a new sea food restaurant.

I REALLY wish they would tell what type of entertainment they will have. I booked the Epic back in 2009 because I had read about the Blue Man and Cirque show along with the Ice Bar. (Then of course there is the awesome Epic plunge). But those were some of the deal breakers for me booking the Epic versus another ship. :)

Archived