Half moon cay..chairs, cabanas,etc..

Lhorn1209

So I have been reading some post about HMC..We aren't booking an excursion there just really wanting to lounge around the beach all day really. My question is do you have to rent the chairs, or the chairs with the sun visors over them? How much does it cost to rent the Cabana? Or can I simply just go and get a chair on the beach and plant my butt down :)

Lounge chairs are free.

The clams shells are not free.

If you want shade, you can drag the free lounge chair under a tree.

The cabanas are around $200 for up to 4 people. $50 for each additional person.

I *think* clam shells are $20

And like the others said, cabanas are $200ish for 4 people but you don't have to mention that extra people will be there if you don't need extra drinks/snacks for them.

There is just my mom and me so I don't think I will do the Cabana. How do I rent the Clam Shells though?

Yeah, I would like to look into renting a clam shell. Also are they like the ones on the ship?

Yeah, I would like to look into renting a clam shell. Also are they like the ones on the ship?

I have no clue I just know they have the visor things over them for like shade and such..I have posted on threads and tried starting a thread but can't get anyone to answer me on how you rent a clam shell

There is a whole thread on the Private Island board about HMC. It says that you can rent the clam shells when you get on the island. I guess there is an excursion desk there. I booked a cabana for my May Cruise and it was $219 for the cabana. The chairs are free.

Check out the private island board when you get a chance...lots of info on there :)

Like the previous poster said check out the private island board. There are pics and many posts about this island. There is always just two of us but we always rent a cabana. If it rains you are covered (literally), extreme heat there is A/C and a fan with misters and a great place to put things. There are also mats, snorkel things as well as drinks , fruit and veggies. We love the cabanas.

lounge chairs are free.

The clams shells are not free.

If you want shade, you can drag the free lounge chair under a tree.

The cabanas are around $200 for up to 4 people. $50 for each additional person.

+1..

There is a whole thread on the Private Island board about HMC. It says that you can rent the clam shells when you get on the island. I guess there is an excursion desk there. I booked a cabana for my May Cruise and it was $219 for the cabana. The chairs are free.

Check out the private island board when you get a chance...lots of info on there :)

I didn't even think to check there!! Thanks :)

Cabana's are great. Very comfortable reclining chairs, fans, fruit/veggies/soda, swim gear, table w/chairs, I think it had a freshwater rinse shower, and an attendent will usually come around and see if you need anything. There is one extra large cabana for group parties.

If you split the cost 4 ways it's cheaper than most shore excursions.

We had no problems at all letting other people come into our cabana for drinks and socializing. (We brought our bottle of rum off the ship for drinks too.)

Plenty of regular beach chairs and shady areas if you want to enjoy the beach at no extra cost.

They sometimes sell out so if you want one reserve early. If I remember correctly, the higher the cabana number the further from down the beach and away from the crowds you are. Makes the day a little more special but again, a cabana is best shared with friends.

The following are JMHO, LOL, felt the need to add the disclaimer there.

The clamshells are like heat boxes...they're dark blue and even though they provide shade, it's hot as HE!! in there unless the breeze is blowing from the exact right direction.

There is zero snorkeling to be had (i've heard rumors that there is some mediocre snorkeling near the rocky jetty to the VEEEEERY right of the beach, but we weren't that motivated to seek it out because the beach and the water was so gorgeous), although we tried in vain, and no lifevests were required. We tried for about an hour to see anything, although I did manage to catch a lone fish and a jellyfish, LOL.

Lone fish, LOL

2575445110071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

Jellyfish (to the left and down a bit of the center of the shot): 2400579420071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

Does Carnival require a life vest for snorkeling? (We have our own snorkel equipment.)

Is the beach rocky if we stray away from the main beach area?

I never found anything to be too rocky. You won't find much for snorkeling...you'll see fish but not coral or reefs or anything like that. If you really want to snorkel I would book the snorkel excursion, they take you out on the boat and you see more.

If you just want to swim around like my daughter does with the snorkel equipment it is nice there...bring some bread off of the ship and you can feed the fish...they will come right up to you and almost take it out of your hands...

The following are JMHO, LOL, felt the need to add the disclaimer there.

The clamshells are like heat boxes...they're dark blue and even though they provide shade, it's hot as HE!! in there unless the breeze is blowing from the exact right direction.

There is zero snorkeling to be had (i've heard rumors that there is some mediocre snorkeling near the rocky jetty to the VEEEEERY right of the beach, but we weren't that motivated to seek it out because the beach and the water was so gorgeous), although we tried in vain, and no lifevests were required. We tried for about an hour to see anything, although I did manage to catch a lone fish and a jellyfish, LOL.

Lone fish, LOL

2575445110071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

Jellyfish (to the left and down a bit of the center of the shot): 2400579420071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

You're totally right--with the clamshells you need to prop up the back of them a bit so there is air flow though, otherwise you're just sitting in a solar oven. Plenty of trees for shade, and plenty of lovely and quiet beach away from the main area. We are pretty active and would never do a cabana. Lots of nice walking trails, walk down the beach to the point, plenty of great swimming. Snorkle sucks near the beach, have heard there can be decent snorkeling in the lagoon, but never been. Have fun!

If there is more than one ship at HMC, empty lounge chairs nay be non-existent, especially if you are on the second ship into port.

The BBQ on shore will also be a disaster zone with two ships in port; go back to the ship and enjoy a quiet, air conditioned lunch on the Lido deck.

Archived