Live from the Freedom of the Seas - March 18, 2012

Daghis

I'd say that the answer is "either", depending on how you want to do the shows.

Reserving shows is recommended, but the Cruise Director often encouraged people just to show up for the 7:00 shows, even if they had a 9:00 reservation. From what I read in another Freedom review, apparently the 9:00 show gets quite full. So, if you want to see the 9:00 show, you'd really want to get reservations, but if you want to see 7:00, then it's not as necessary.

The ice show is in a smaller venue, though, so I'd recommend reservations for it.

So, it's not completely a "must do", but perhaps a "should do".

Darghis, I see on some of the posts, people refer to an A Cappella group entertaining. Are they regulars on Freedom, or was this something special for a week or two?

We didn't have an a cappella group (you're probably thinking of the Texas Tenors) on our sailing. Our headliner was Tony Tillman.

The headliner changes from week to week, so there's not a particular group that you should expect to see. You can e-mail [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse] with your sailing information a week or two before your sailing to inquire who the onboard entertainment is scheduled to be for your cruise (subject to change, of course).

Darghis, I see on some of the posts, people refer to an A Cappella group entertaining. Are they regulars on Freedom, or was this something special for a week or two?

There's an a cappella group named Mosaic (from Vegas) that rotates through the ships, I saw them in 2007 on Adventure and bought their CD. I saw on another post recently that they were the headliners but I can't remember which ship it was...they're pretty good

There's an a cappella group named Mosaic (from Vegas) that rotates through the ships, I saw them in 2007 on Adventure and bought their CD. I saw on another post recently that they were the headliners but I can't remember which ship it was...they're pretty good

I have seen this group a couple of times and they are absolutely WONDERFUL...Would be nice to see again....

Freedom of the Seas May 13th departure - 6days....

thanks, everyone, for the info. Actually, I think this group is from Tampa. I'm hoping they or some similar group will be on Freedom for the Aug. 5 sailing. My granddaughter is a member of an A Cappella group and she would love to see a performance!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived