Bringing a bottle on board

bm6pm5

The last cruise I went on, 2007, we put a bottle in our luggage and they brought it onboard for us. The TSA was in charge of that part of it not Carnival so they did not care. Does this still hold true?

The last cruise I went on, 2007, we put a bottle in our luggage and they brought it onboard for us. The TSA was in charge of that part of it not Carnival so they did not care. Does this still hold true?

You can pack whatever you like in checked bags at the airport. But, when you get to the port, your bags are xrayed (TSA has nothing to do with this, and never has). If your cruiseline does not allow you to bring whatever is in your bottle on board, they will confiscate it.

friend on 1st cruise, Carnival, had her bottle of wine taken from her bag. She did not have it in her carry on where it must be. She got it back last night. Bags are xrayed and they take what ever they see that you're not supposed to have in your bag!

Sorry maybe it was not TSA that screened the bags but I did have a bottle of Wild Turkey and my wife had another bottle in her bag and they went thru back then. Evidently things have changed since 2007.

Sorry maybe it was not TSA that screened the bags but I did have a bottle of Wild Turkey and my wife had another bottle in her bag and they went thru back then. Evidently things have changed since 2007.

I don't know what Carnival's rules were in '07, but even today, they are not perfect, people so bring alcohol on board without it being taken, others are not so lucky.

Archived