Most traveled luncheon

bcnvcanada

There are never 60 people in attendance; it's the top 40. And in defense of my previous statement, it all depends on demographics whether or not a guest can be included. I have had many luncheons with singles; mostly women and not traveling together. Sometimes there are too many highly travelled passengers; in the big number area, and at those times they just cannot include unrelated guests.

With spouses is a whole different story if they don't have the same amount of days. No spouse will ever be excluded.

I have always been able to bring a guest and would be very unhappy with Princess if they decided that because I am single I don't deserve to bring someone!!! If I am traveling alone then it is OK. But not if I am traveling with friends and family. Why is someone who is married allowed to bring someone and I can't? Not right and that better not happened on any of my cruises!! :eek:

I have always been able to bring a guest and would be very unhappy with Princess if they decided that because I am single I don't deserve to bring someone!!! If I am traveling alone then it is OK. But not if I am traveling with friends and family. Why is someone who is married allowed to bring someone and I can't? Not right and that better not happened on any of my cruises!! :eek:

That has been our experience too. On two occasions we have been allowed to bring the third (non-spouse) traveling with us in our cabin.

if they have their quota of married couples and they have singles can they have more than 40 so the singles can bring a guest

That has been our experience too. On two occasions we have been allowed to bring the third (non-spouse) traveling with us in our cabin.

Somehow that doesn't seem right to allow the third party in the cabin to attend. I could see being allowed to take a spouse but never a third party. That could mean a person on the first cruise beats out a person with 300 or 400 sailing days.

NOT RIGHT no matter how you look at it if they limit the total group to 40 persons.

I'm going to question the Capt Circle hose on the next trip.

And in defense of my previous statement, it all depends on demographics whether or not a guest can be included. I have had many luncheons with singles; mostly women and not traveling together. Sometimes there are too many highly travelled passengers; in the big number area, and at those times they just cannot include unrelated guests.

With spouses is a whole different story if they don't have the same amount of days. No spouse will ever be excluded.

I am on a cruise right now and often travel single but have friends on the ship. I have 632 days currently and am always invited to the lunch/party. I asked the Captain Circle Host and they said "singles are always invited to bring a guest". I have never heard otherwise from my various cruises.

I am on a cruise right now and often travel single but have friends on the ship. I have 632 days currently and am always invited to the lunch/party. I asked the Captain Circle Host and they said "singles are always invited to bring a guest". I have never heard otherwise from my various cruises.

Are you by some chance on the Sea, Sun or Dawn? Because, lots of times they do things differently. I always am invited too and I know as fact this is not etched in stone.

So be it.

Are you by some chance on the Sea, Sun or Dawn? Because, lots of times they do things differently. I always am invited too and I know as fact this is not etched in stone.

So be it.

My experiences have been on the Sapphire, Island and Crown,

if they have their quota of married couples and they have singles can they have more than 40 so the singles can bring a guest

My understanding is that the top 40 passengers are invited along with a guest. Never heard of a "quota of married couples". Just let Princess try that one on me. :eek::eek: Especially after the many times I have paid for my own cabin.

I cruise solo in a cabin and have been invited to the luncheon a few times. It never said I could bring a guest, perhaps because I'm solo in the cabin. If I were traveling with a companion, maybe it would be different. It's probably up to the Captain's Circle Host and might change from sailing to sailing, depending on how many have a lot of days.

we have been to a few most traveled lunches but i dont think there were 60+ passengers there.....40 yes

Hmmmm... I do seem to remember at least 8 tables with 8 people at each plus the crewmember/officer. At our table only 4 passengers were "invited", the others were guests.

Hmmmm... I do seem to remember at least 8 tables with 8 people at each plus the crewmember/officer. At our table only 4 passengers were "invited", the others were guests.

That is similar to what I experienced recently on the Crown! :D

My experiences have been on the Sapphire, Island and Crown,

I was asking the OP, since he/she is currently on board a ship. As for couples, of course they wouldn't separate them.

Please understand that I am only speaking of my prior noticeable experiences, and at this point in our travels, we will always be invited to the luncheons.

I was asking the OP, since he/she is currently on board a ship. As for couples, of course they wouldn't separate them.

Please understand that I am only speaking of my prior noticeable experiences, and at this point in our travels, we will always be invited to the luncheons.

So be it.

I am currently on the Diamond Princess. I have not been on the Sun, Sea or Dawn for years. I find it ironic that you as a married person act as an expert for singles and how they are invited to Most Traveled Lunch as I am actually single and have actual first hand experience. I have definitely put my time in with Princess and am invited with guest on every cruise I have been on since they started these lunches and parties.

Pia,

I thought other folks might want to know what ships I was on when I was invited to the Most Traveled Passenger luncheon.

And I too am speaking from my personal experiences.

i am currently on the diamond princess. I have not been on the sun, sea or dawn for years. I find it ironic that you as a married person act as an expert for singles and how they are invited to most traveled lunch as i am actually single and have actual first hand experience. I have definitely put my time in with princess and am invited with guest on every cruise i have been on since they started these lunches and parties.

Agreed!! My experience too!!

Only been to one luncheon (and one cocktail party). There were 6 at each table with name places for each guest and a ships officer at each table (ours was the CC Host). It would appear that all one has to do is confirm their attending guest situation prior to attending and all is well. The stunning news is we only have 20 cruises and made the luncheon on the Ruby in the caribbean. Too many its time cruisers I guess (there were only 50 elite on the ship).

Only been to one luncheon (and one cocktail party). There were 6 at each table with name places for each guest and a ships officer at each table (ours was the CC Host). It would appear that all one has to do is confirm their attending guest situation prior to attending and all is well. The stunning news is we only have 20 cruises and made the luncheon on the Ruby in the caribbean. Too many its time cruisers I guess (there were only 50 elite on the ship).

It is not the number of cruises, but the number of days. We have been twice, on our 18th and 21st cruises with Princess. Ours are nearly all longer cruises, so we are up to 364 days.

It is not the number of cruises, but the number of days. We have been twice, on our 18th and 21st cruises with Princess. Ours are nearly all longer cruises, so we are up to 364 days.
You are far more likely to be invited with a relatively low number of days sailed on a 7-day Alaskan or Caribbean cruise. :) The longer the cruise, the more well-traveled passengers.

With 348 days, we've been invited twice, somewhere around our 24th and 25th Princess cruises. For the holiday cruises on the Emerald, the cutoff was in the high 300s and low 400s. By the time the professional cruisers came on board in January, it rose to the very high 400s. It might be several years before we've cruised enough days to make that kind of cut off. Except that those people are still cruising 150 days a year and show no sign of slowing down...

Part of the fun of it is wondering if we'll make it. Once we're always breathing that rarified air, it might lose part of its appeal. I can definitely see us turning down the opportunity to attend if it was offered to us every cruise.

With 348 days, we've been invited twice, somewhere around our 24th and 25th Princess cruises. For the holiday cruises on the Emerald, the cutoff was in the high 300s and low 400s. By the time the professional cruisers came on board in January, it rose to the very high 400s. It might be several years before we've cruised enough days to make that kind of cut off. Except that those people are still cruising 150 days a year and show no sign of slowing down...

Part of the fun of it is wondering if we'll make it. Once we're always breathing that rarified air, it might lose part of its appeal. I can definitely see us turning down the opportunity to attend if it was offered to us every cruise.

You beat me last year. :D Or is it this year? I've never made it to 150 Highest was 116 in 2010 and 104 in '11. But I'm trying. :)

You beat me last year. :D Or is it this year? I've never made it to 150 Highest was 116 in 2010 and 104 in '11. But I'm trying. :)

Wow, It will be a long time before I could think about doing those numbers. I thought my 53 days in 2010 was pretty impressive as I still work full time and offically have 3 weeks vacation :)

Wow, It will be a long time before I could think about doing those numbers. I thought my 53 days in 2010 was pretty impressive as I still work full time and offically have 3 weeks vacation :)

Doug, when I worked full time I was lucky to get 3 weeks vacation during teh entire year.

Archived