Post Removed - Viking

YoungDubFan

Interesting that I had posted a link earlier today to Christopher Elliott's column from today where he was trying to help a traveler who had an issue with Viking River cruises and their air arrangements. I went to lunch, came back and the post has been removed. You would think if posts are removed, the moderator who removed the post would send a message stating why the post was removed. I was just forwarding info that is readily available on the internet. I wonder if Viking told Cruise Critic to remove the post because it was not flattering to them. Interesting.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Viking cruises. If anything, this article was unflattering to the passenger, as Viking and the airline owe them nothing.

I am hoping I will not get a warning for breaking the posting guidelines, because I am trying to help you.

1. You are not allowed to discuss removed posts, and you usually will not be notified:

Posts may be removed from our forums at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic without notification to the author or discussion participants.

Discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will be removed without notice.

2. You are not allowed to cut and paste large blocks of text. Simply posting a link is allowed:

The posting of blocks of text obtained from anywhere on the Internet, online newspapers, web sites, Facebook and other social media sites, magazines, etc., defeats the purpose of our Cruise Boards. All of this information is available to everyone online, and doesn't add to the idea of sharing firsthand experiences and cruise advice. Also, the majority of information out there is protected by an author's individual copyright. Therefore, we will remove such information from the message boards. However, linking via url to the information is allowed.

Guidelines found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Thanks for the clarification on why it was probably removed. I obviously forgot some of the specifics of posting. Maybe I'll try a new post with just the link to Chris Elliott's column. I thought it was interesting that Viking did not want to help a passenger that they essentially stranded for a day.

Viking did not strand this passenger. The passenger did not make their connection. One hour is a legal connection, domestic to international at FCO. The article is very unclear as to why this person could not get from one gate to another in one hour.

Viking has absolutely no responsibility in this situation. From Viking's cruise contract:

Viking River Cruises, Inc. accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by railroad, motorcoach, private car, boat, aircraft or any other conveyance, for any injury, damages, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason or defect, through the acts or defaults of any company or person, or in carrying out the arrangements of the cruise, as a result of any cause beyond the control of Viking River Cruises, Inc.

All arrangements made for guests with independent contractors, including medical services, are made solely for convenience to participants and are done at the participant’s own risk. Any additional costs including penalties for cancellations/ rebookings will be made at the guest’s expense

Viking River Cruises, Inc. has no responsibility for any change in travel plans caused by airline delays or for any act, omission or event.

That's why I hate these inaccurate blogs.

You may have a message ..look under your log in name top right

Or try clicking on USER CP then at the very bottom of the page on the right side there is a box where you get the warning messages At least that is where mine are :D

Archived