Camera tip

lindasuej

You will probably at least get your memory card back, if not the camera...

Also you can upload a PDF you create using Microsoft Word or any other word processor and upload that onto each of your memory cards.

You could put the file into the root folder. As long as you don't put it into the DCIM folder, the camera will not mess with it (but it will get deleted if you format the card).

I believe that on most cameras, you can write protect any files on your card so that you do not accidentally erase your ID picture.

I would put my e-mail address, my phone number and my call phone number on the picture but not my address. This would prevent anyone from looking at your picture and know the the address was empty.

DON

Record you serial numbers.

This has led to recovery and prosecutions when stolen equipment was sold on eBay.

There are also services that can trace your camera after it is gone. If the new "owner" posts pictures online, the service may be able to locate it by scanning the EXIF data of the images and recovering the unique camera ID number.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/12/29/cameratrace

In a couple of years I expect my future Sony Alpha A999XXi to disable the thief with an electrical discharge, call the police then extend its built-in articulated tripod legs, walk to the nearest FedEx office and mail itself home to me. :D

Dave

Record you serial numbers.

This has led to recovery and prosecutions when stolen equipment was sold on eBay.

There are also services that can trace your camera after it is gone. If the new "owner" posts pictures online, the service may be able to locate it by scanning the EXIF data of the images and recovering the unique camera ID number.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/12/29/cameratrace

In a couple of years I expect my future Sony Alpha A999XXi to disable the thief with an electrical discharge, call the police then extend its built-in articulated tripod legs, walk to the nearest FedEx office and mail itself home to me. :D

Dave

OMG that was hilarious!!

Archived