Suite experience on Princess?

39august

The Princess web site does not show sq. ft. of suites. I did learn that suite pax get free laundry and dry cleaning. Can some of you please descrbie the suite experience on Princess? Size of suite and are there different catagories and sizes of suites? Perks? Tipping? etc. Not interested in mini-suites. Have been on Princes several times in the very early 2000's. Getting interested in the new Royal Princess.

We were happy with minis until we tried a suite. After that we could never go back. Rooms are much larger with 2 sliding glass doors and a very large deck. Breakfast at Sabatinis each day, free laundry, free internet and use of the thermal spa. Expanded room service menu and unpacking service was wonderful. Fresh bouquet of flowers in your room and free mini bar set up and canapes in the evening......just wonderful!

I was very lucky to get a free upgrade to a PH aft suite on the Crown, which was my 2nd Princess cruise, in January this year.

Some of the perks had a dollar value-dollars we would otherwise have spent on top of our fare;one-time mini bar was about $100 as was the free Internet. I used the free shoe shine but not the laundry. The nightly canapes were icing on the cake as was the daily fruit bowl and fresh flowers. Ordering room service from the MDR wasn't taken advantage of that time but it was good to know it was available if requested.

Once off the ship with an FCC in hand we booked up on the Diamond, Alaska August 18 and are in the same suite (different name and cabin number) aft, as aft is where we want to be from here on in.

This time it is not free but in fact $1300 each more than we spent on a Coral mini-suite to Alaska last August. This makes the daily spend for two

approximately $950.

For us the best "perks" of the suite is the suite itself-the space to move around. A curtain can be pulled to close off the bedroom so that an early riser like myself can get up and draw the curtains in the living room and prepare for another arduous day of eating and napping (sea days) while next door my companion is fast asleep in the dark.

Two people can use the big marble bathroom at once for different purposes and there is no shower curtain to wrestle with. No need to go out through the bedroom.

Suite sq. ft. starts at 523 s.f and in our case that includes an 18 x 9 balcony with teak furniture- 4 chairs around a large high table and two thickly padded loungers with one side table between. As we are now UBD addicts we let this factor into our choice too.

Nightly gatherings for complimentary munchies in Skywalkers are appreciated as is the Captain's cocktail party but really for us the biggest intangible perk is breakfast at Sabatini's, the most relaxing way to start the day with personal impeccable service (on the Crown at least)

We are unable to do more than two cruises a year, due to work, so we feel we have to maximise the experience in a suite. We could certainly afford a lot more cruises if we chose inside cabins for example-but as I said our opportunities are limited.

If I had to put a $ amount to what it is worth to us then I'd say that the $1300 premium is fair for what we get in return and then there's the two cruise credits! The cake just got another layer of icing.

Norris

Caribe aft-suite fan

We were happy with minis until we tried a suite. After that we could never go back. Rooms are much larger with 2 sliding glass doors and a very large deck. Breakfast at Sabatinis each day, free laundry, free internet and use of the thermal spa. Expanded room service menu and unpacking service was wonderful. Fresh bouquet of flowers in your room and free mini bar set up and canapes in the evening......just wonderful!

But you have to pay three or four times for the privilege!!!!!!! I'd much rather take 2 or three cruises a year versus your one... For very limited benefits.... JHMO!

The perks with a suite are nice, but we run the table depending on the cruise and what we book. We go from balcony, mini to full. But our vacation time is limited each year so it depends on the cruise. Port intensive balcony. Lots of sea days mini or full. We do not like inside. Save that for retirement when we can go longer. The only perk we really enjoy is breakfast at Sabatinis.

But you have to pay three or four times for the privilege!!!!!!! I'd much rather take 2 or three cruises a year versus your one... For very limited benefits.... JHMO!

ANd the cruises I've been looking at seem to be getting more expensive BUT I love the suite life.

I would like to thank all of you for the information on the Princess suites. Our first cruise to Alaska (15 night), and the first on Princess is in September on the Sapphire Princess in B750. I gather breakfast at Sabatinis is not to be missed. I have been looking at the list of suite perks supplied by Princess, and they are all great amenities. Is there anything else we should know about the suites?

All of our past cruises have been in suites on RCI and Celebrity. Each company offers a long list of amenities for their suites.

Not so...see my post earlier. I had a balcony cabin booked originally on the Diamond for this August @ $1880 approx and the suite cost $3250 or $1370 more per person= approx 70% more. Not even double.

Norris

We have stayed in A751 on Aloha deck next to the OS suites twice on the Ruby, very noisy vent-could not sleep. We loved the balcony, but not private at all and thought the first cruise was a fluke that the vent was noisy. We were hoping both times that the OS would become available.

We are young and have good hearing, if you don't hear very well it should not bother you. The noise could be heard outside in the hall. Would we book this cabin again-no!

Thanks seadeck2. We are looking for information on the Riviera deck for the middle suites. The R400 series. Some people here have read that there are noise problems but yet these suites continue to book at full price. Our booking for this summer has already increased $500 USD. Has anyone stayed in these suites?

MiniBar set up? As in the first round is on them? If so, do we specify or request what items we'd like to have (more wine, less liquor)e

thanks

slomo

Yes, the first round is included. We just asked our room steward to swap out

the mini bottles of what we don't drink for some that we do, i.e., vodka for whiskey. No problem. Wine was not included, but mixers were.

I forgot to mention that we also received a corsage and boutonniere for the first formal night. A fresh flower arrangement was delivered weekly-it was a 29 day cruise. And twice we received chocolate covered strawberries.

It wasn't cheap, and we may never do it again, but for such a long cruise with many sea days, it was worth every penny!

We have stayed in A751 on Aloha deck next to the OS suites twice on the Ruby, very noisy vent-could not sleep. We loved the balcony, but not private at all and thought the first cruise was a fluke that the vent was noisy. We were hoping both times that the OS would become available.

We are young and have good hearing, if you don't hear very well it should not bother you. The noise could be heard outside in the hall. Would we book this cabin again-no!

We had A750 on the Crown and absolutely loved the room and the huge balcony. Our favorite room out of all our cruises. I think the Ruby is slightly different from the Crown which may explain the different experience.

We had A750 on the Crown and absolutely loved the room and the huge balcony. Our favorite room out of all our cruises. I think the Ruby is slightly different from the Crown which may explain the different experience.

We have A753 on The Crown in April, I am hoping that the noise people are talking about does not effect the OS, any idea ??:confused:

We have A753 on The Crown in April, I am hoping that the noise people are talking about does not effect the OS, any idea ??:confused:

I have friends that have cruised twice in the OS on the Caribbean Princess had no complaints at all.

We usualy cruise on RCCL, but this thread has convinced me that a Princess Suite through the Panama Canal would be a pretty awesome trip for our honeymoon next year. Now all we have to do is wait until the dates for fall 2013 to come out. This is one thread I'll keep my eye on. :D

We have booked our first suite on the Grand. I'm wondering about the breakfast at Sabatini's. What can you get to eat? Is it better than the MDR?

Thanks!

I think Siri from the iPhone just showed up. Siri says she has had a tough week. Siri does enjoy cruising.

More intimate more quiet more serene better service. Hope that helps.

Archived