Price drop not good for me....

I saw there was a price drop so I called CS and was told because we are only 25 days out they could not do a price adjustment....but...if there were any upgrades available they would give me an upgrade...well no upgrades were available....I realize this isn't one of their premire ships and its short cruise..but even a small OBC would of been nice.....not saying i'll never do business with RCL...but...i've been on the fence between them and NCL for my next one...guess who i'm sailing with next time....

I saw there was a price drop so I called CS and was told because we are only 25 days out they could not do a price adjustment....but...if there were any upgrades available they would give me an upgrade...well no upgrades were available....I realize this isn't one of their premire ships and its short cruise..but even a small OBC would of been nice.....not saying i'll never do business with RCL...but...i've been on the fence between them and NCL for my next one...guess who i'm sailing with next time....

The New Pricing Policy went into effect for all bookings made on and after May 17, 2010.

Price reductions only available up until Final Payment and after that only an upgrade if a cabin category higher than what you are booked in is priced the same as or lower than what you paid.

The New Pricing Policy went into effect for all bookings made on and after May 17, 2010.

Price reductions only available up until Final Payment and after that only an upgrade if a cabin category higher than what you are booked in is priced the same as or lower than what you paid.

Exactly. Those are the terms. Why would you not book again because of this when you booked and agreed these terms at the time?

Someone noted a tactic was to reserve a less expensive cabin category, then closer to sailing , if the better cabin category is a reasonable price, just upgrade to the newer cabin, Now, the kicker is that you will need to be satisfied with that lower category, original cabin.

I see you are on the Majesty – we are booked for the Monarch in an OV. I watch and perhaps an SOV (or JS) price will come close to what I paid for the OV. If so I’ll try to upgrade. However –I am satisfied for this short cruise to be in the cabin I’ve booked.

Good luck

M

That never crossed my mind I'm picky about my cabin location and don't like to jump around.....My only point in the whole thing is that the CS rep at RCL offered me the standard good customer service. What sets companies apart these days is exceptional CS.....and I've received that at Princess and NCL......hopefully I'll still see it on this cruise.....

...guess who i'm sailing with next time....

FWIW, I dont think NCL will give you an OBC or reduce your cruise price for a price drop 25 days from sail date either. The only cruise line I know of that is doing OBC after final payment for price reductions is Carnivals "early saver" bookings.

Have fun on your NCL cruise though :)

And you think NCL will give you OBC if the price drops after final payment???

Think again. They won't

I don't understand why so many people find it necessary to be rude or snarky. This man was disappointed, he was venting his frustration. He never said that he expected them to do this, he was disappointed that they didn't.

OP, after seeing that it's the Majesty, there aren't many balconies or higher level cabins, so there aren't many opportunities for upgrades (nothing to upgrade to). So, I think that's really the issue. The larger ships have a greater variety of cabin types and so, upgrades are more likely. I hope you enjoy the cruise. The service on Majesty is wonderful.

I don't understand why so many people find it necessary to be rude or snarky. This man was disappointed, he was venting his frustration. He never said that he expected them to do this, he was disappointed that they didn't.

OP, after seeing that it's the Majesty, there aren't many balconies or higher level cabins, so there aren't many opportunities for upgrades (nothing to upgrade to). So, I think that's really the issue. The larger ships have a greater variety of cabin types and so, upgrades are more likely. I hope you enjoy the cruise. The service on Majesty is wonderful.

I hear you sister. People get venomous with this issue. I recently had a $700 price drop and their were no upgrades available for me either. I came here for some info and maybe some sympathy and got some, but the rest were just fangs out. I'm not sure about these boards anymore:confused:

I hear you sister. People get venomous with this issue. I recently had a $700 price drop and their were no upgrades available for me either. I came here for some info and maybe some sympathy and got some, but the rest were just fangs out. I'm not sure about these boards anymore:confused:

Thanks for your kind words. It's sad and I would love to see more comraderie amongst us.

Actually, while he may not have said he expected them do to it... he did make it clear he was leaving them because of it. To go to another cruise line with the same policies. So yeah, in a nutshell he did expect them to do it to make him happy but he knows he signed a contract so he can't force them into it.

You may consider this "rude or snarky" but I do not.

I really do wonder why people post these things in the first place. There's a clear policy, and it's TS. I buy something, a car, a TV, a phone, whatever. The price will change. I'm not pitching a fit because of other price changes. That's life. You buy something, for a variety of reasons, but, in the end you need to be satisfied with the price. If it goes down, oh well, that's life.

Besides, I have yet to see a single post where, the price goes up and the poster wants to GIVE Royal the difference.

Since RCCL and other cruise lines frequently change their policies. I hope RCCL give some consideration to allow a credit towards a future cruise when their is a price drop. Not all cruisers are aware of price drops but certainly many repeat customers are.

Southwest airlines does a great job of allowing you to use a price drop credit towards a future flight and I would think RCCL could do something similar.

Uhhhhhhhh, who was rude in this thread? :confused: Unless something was deleted, I find this one rather "tame" really compared to some threads here.

Snarky? well maybe a little but to come on a cruise lines forum and post you are leaving them because of a certain policy that has been in place for almost two years for another cruise line with virtually the same policy. What does one expect?

So if the same thing happens on another cruise line you'll be back?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can relate! I have been watch my Jewel cruise like a hawk and when the prices finally dropped there wasn't anything above a D1 to upgrade to. I was happy with my price until I saw the price drops this month. We have a big group going but in the future I would wait. I could have gotten the Navigator 6 day for less if I had just waited. It would have been a risk with flying but if it is crazy expensive I can just drive.

You walk into a car dealer, agree to pay $25,000 for a car. You neighbor walks in two days later buys the exact same car for $23,000. Does that mean you will never buy that brand of car again?

You willingly sign the contract, you agreed to the terms, you drove home happy. Where is your complaint???

Buy a yugo next time.

It sure sounds like there are alot of RCCL cheerleaders out there. I don't understand the dissension. Pure & simple, price drops should be honored.

We allow businesses to treat us this way, they will continue. Time for a change.

Bella

Archived