Chat with Franck

Mr Rumor

I didn't want to post this on the TA thread for fear of being off topic.

Had a delightful chat with Franck a while ago and can report some breaking news. After testing the Sette Mare concept on the Mariner during the last cruise, Frank revealed that Regent has decided that Sette Mare will NOT be reservations only! This is great news for those of us who appreciate having a quicker, simpler dinner option, especially after an eight or nine hour tour. Frank believes that the self-serve antipasti bar will continue, but is not sure whether dessert will remain self-serve. He added that new menu items and china are planned. An additional galley will be built on each ship for Sette Mare as well.

Franck, who has handled all of Regent's drydocks over the last four years ("I get to know all the contractors," he commented), will also be overseeing the Navigator's May re-do, including what he said will be the complete redesign of the three top category suites. Also planned is an expansion of Prime 7 and "lots of little things"--enough little things in fact for the repairs to cost $1 million a day for the two-week project.

For the Franckophiles out there, Franck said he will be on the Navigator through the end of July. He is currently slated to return to the Voyager in September.

In closing, some good news for those currently aboard the Mariner: Frank said he plans to make crepes for lunch on the Pool Deck within the two or three days!

Rich

Maybe you can see why there are so many "Franckophiles". . . he is a lovely man -- well liked by the crew:) Thank you for posting up to date information.

I do have one question. . . . you said that he was returning to the "Voyager" in September. He is usually on the Mariner.. . . so, will he really be on the Voyager? We would love this as we will on the Voyager again December 1st and would love if he were the GM.

Hope everyone currently on board the Mariner enjoys his crepes (he really works hard at it and the results are amazing:-)

"lots of little things"--enough little things in fact for the repairs to cost $1 million a day for the two-week project....

When I spoke with Capt Ubaldo last week he said that one major improvement was the installation of a new reverse osmosis water making system and larger fresh water tanks. Currently the NAV makes most of its fresh water with boilers that can only be run when ship is underway. This causes problems when itinerary has lots of port days. The ship has to buy local water which is very costly at many island locations.

J

TC2, Franck said he is currently scheduled to be on the Voyager through the end of the year, so unless his schedule changes, he will indeed be your GM. By the way, I did relay your good wishes, and he responded, "Give her my regards--I miss her."

Thank you soooooooooooo much! The thought of Franck being on our Mumbai to Bali sailing is VERY exciting. My DH and I are VERY happy right now. Thank you for delivering my message and for your posts. They/you have been wonderful!

When I first met Franck it was on the Voyager and he was F and B manager...

I put my complaint about the poor coffee into my survey which was returned two days ago and got a note from Franck thanking me. This morning Paige told me that the coffee in la Veranda was stronger! I have been ordering triple espressos but now will try the coffee again.

Glad to hear the news about the Navigator, We are on her in January.

Franck, who has handled all of Regent's drydocks over the last four years ("I get to know all the contractors," he commented), will also be overseeing the Navigator's May re-do...

For the Franckophiles out there, Franck said he will be on the Navigator through the end of July. He is currently slated to return to the Voyager in September.

So just to be clear, are you saying he's on Navigator now? I'm on her May 1st, prior to the refit, so just wondering.

Wendy, to be sure I just checked with Franck. Yes, he will be your General Manager. He explained that he wanted to have some time on the Navigator before the drydock, to prepare for the refit.

He already has the Navigator on his mind. In the basket on his deak is a fat file with the name "Navigator." He referred to it during our earlier chat, to remind himself of the great number of items on the "do-do" list.

Archived