Close to booking... just have to pull the trigger!

ChiGal1962

I'm planning a trip for myself this year to celebrate a big birthday (5-0!). This will be my first on Celebrity and my first as a solo cruiser. After the research I've done, I think it's the right time for both.

The trip I'm pretty well set on is the Infinity going to the Panama Canal (another first) in November. Now to cabin class/choice, and here is where I need the cruise critic community help :)

Aqua class says it's for double occupancy only, so that's out. I think I really would prefer being somewhere midship to aft. I'm looking at either a 2A/2B Verandah (cabin 7144/6108) or C2/C3 Concierge class (cabins 8114/8122/9149/9124/8130). It's a $600-700 difference in price, but relative to the whole thing, not a huge issue.

Thoughts on class choice? Cabin/deck choice? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for everything!

I'm planning a trip for myself this year to celebrate a big birthday (5-0!). This will be my first on Celebrity and my first as a solo cruiser. After the research I've done, I think it's the right time for both.

The trip I'm pretty well set on is the Infinity going to the Panama Canal (another first) in November. Now to cabin class/choice, and here is where I need the cruise critic community help :)

Aqua class says it's for double occupancy only, so that's out. I think I really would prefer being somewhere midship to aft. I'm looking at either a 2A/2B Verandah (cabin 7144/6108) or C2/C3 Concierge class (cabins 8114/8122/9149/9124/8130). It's a $600-700 difference in price, but relative to the whole thing, not a huge issue.

Thanks for everything!

Hi, congrats on the big birthday and the cruise:)...this is an FYI

for you....you are misunderstanding the AQ....it means only 1 or

2 in the cabin...just not more than 2. But 1 person is definitely

allowed to have a cabin. I had AQ once and I always sail solo.

I also have a good friend who always sails solo and he always

books Aqua Class too. So you can book a cabin there if you want.

The Infinity was great the last time we were on board and, I understand, even better after being Solsticized. Our very favorite cabins are the aft facing C class with HUGE balconies such as 7203, etc. We have been on decks 7 & 8 in these wonderful cabins but have avoided deck 9 directly below the Oceanview Cafe public deck. I think you have chosen wisely with the Infinty & trust you'll enjoy your cruise whichever cabin you choose.:)

Hi, congrats on the big birthday and the cruise:)...this is an FYI

for you....you are misunderstanding the AQ....it means only 1 or

2 in the cabin...just not more than 2. But 1 person is definitely

allowed to have a cabin. I had AQ once and I always sail solo.

I also have a good friend who always sails solo and he always

books Aqua Class too. So you can book a cabin there if you want.

Thanks! I thought that was rather odd, but when it says "Double Occupancy only", I took them at their word (seems like they should say "no more than double occupancy" or something like that). The down side is that I now have MORE choices... lol!

I should warn you..... once you've had one of the aft C cabins, you'll never want less.:)

LOL! So I hear :) Unfortunately, none of the aft cabins are available. Or maybe that's fortunately....

I'm like that about balconies now... I could save a boatload (no pun intended) on the trip by having a non-balcony cabin, but I don't wanna!!!

Thanks for everything!

Well, given that you're stuck with the dreaded single supplement, here's what I'd do: take one of these 2A cabins on deck 7: 7173, 7175, 7177, or 7176, 7178, 7180. They all have verandas that are a bit larger than the normal veranda. Then instead of spending more on concierge class or aqua class, you can splash out on something more fun to celebrate the big 50. You'll have plenty of room in one of these cabins since you're by yourself. We always stay in this area of the ship on M class ships--I like being behind the aft elevators. In fact we're booked there for a cruise of the British Isles and the Norwegian Fjords next year. Luckily I talked a friend into coming along, so escaped the dreaded single supplement!

The Panama Canal is fascinating. Be sure to read David McCullough's book, The Path Between the Seas, before going. It will give you more appreciation for the undertaking.

If all those cabins are taken and you need more stateroom advice, come on back. I've spent a fair amount of time on M class ships.

Happy Birthday and enjoy your cruise!

LOL! So I hear :) Unfortunately, none of the aft cabins are available. Or maybe that's fortunately....

I'm like that about balconies now... I could save a boatload (no pun intended) on the trip by having a non-balcony cabin, but I don't wanna!!!

In that case, Linda / Happy Cruiser 6143 can give you EXCELLENT advice as she has plenty of good experience on Celebrity. We were fortunate to cruise with her once & she has a wealth of good information and is a wonderful, caring, fellow cruiser!

In that case, Linda / Happy Cruiser 6143 can give you EXCELLENT advice as she has plenty of good experience on Celebrity. We were fortunate to cruise with her once & she has a wealth of good information and is a wonderful, caring, fellow cruiser!

Well thank you, kind sir! And thank you for the tip you gave me re the computers! Have never found that again, although I always check now. :D

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement! I just put the down payment down on cabin 7178 for the Panama Canal in November. Now off to the roll call... :D

Congratulations:) I hope you have a wonderful time.

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement! I just put the down payment down on cabin 7178 for the Panama Canal in November. Now off to the roll call... :D

That's the cabin I have next year for the British Isles and Norwegian Fjords, so please take care of it.:) My friend the Happy Cruiser/Linda has 7180 for the same trip. We'll be interested in what you think.

Carolyn

That's the cabin I have next year for the British Isles and Norwegian Fjords, so please take care of it.:) My friend the Happy Cruiser/Linda has 7180 for the same trip. We'll be interested in what you think.

Hahaha! I'll be good :)

I second the advice to read The Path Between the Seas. Don't let the size of the book discourage you. It's a marvelous story of the Panama Canal!

Yes, thanks, I definitely will. I have plenty of time to read it before the trip. I only know the bare basics about the entire endeavor, and would like to be more informed when I'm down there.

Laura

Archived