Give the college kids a break!

Just off Carnival Freedom for a spring break trip with the family. There were a few hoots and hollers during the muster drill from the college crowd, but I have to say that the college age, and younger kids, were the best behaved on the ship! The two nights we were awakened, after midnight, were from rowdy, intoxicated, middle aged ADULTS! I understand being loud and obnoxious in the bar areas, but not while walking down a hallway full of cabins of people sleeping! So, give the kids a break, they were great on our cruise!

I agree, I have been on 2 cruise and both times it was drunk adults who were making the most noise!

My first cruise they had over 1200 kids on the ship for spring break. When they announced that I was like "no way!". We seen kids but the staff must of had tons of stuff for them to do as we didn't see many kids until dinner and they were all good.

So let the kids come, at least they don't get drunk!

IMO college kids never cause the problems on spring break that the K-12 groups do. I would much rather cruise with college spring breakers than middle school or high school ones.

IMO college kids never cause the problems on spring break that the K-12 groups do. I would much rather cruise with college spring breakers than middle school or high school ones.

We cruise a lot during spring break for K-12 and never had any issues with the kids on board or mine.

Just off the Magic with 1500 kids onboard! It sure didnt seem like it. The only time I really noticed any kids was when they were doing the scavenger hunt. All the camps/clubs are on the 4th deck and they must spend all their time down there. My only complaint was our balcony neighbor who was smoking (I'm fine with that), but he was flicking ashes and butts over the railing!

Yay!!! We get some love! Honestly my spring break group had some moments on our last cruise two weeks ago that might have been frowned upon. However we are always friendly and try to correct any mistakes we might have made. The loudest people on the cruise we went on for spring break were the occasional little kids that were not being watched by their parents or were not participating in the youth programs. Overall no problems with really any of the groups onboard.

No problem on my last cruise with spring breakers. We were actually glad some were on our cruise. It might have been boring without them! Just Kidding! I'm never bored on a cruise!!! There were cute girls for him to look at and some cute guys for me to look at. LOL....:):):)

We just sailed on the Mariner of the Seas Texas spring break, and were pleasantly surprised how nice all the kids were...So much for all the negative SB posts I read before we went. So my fears were all for naught, as we had a great cruise.:)

I sailed March 2010 during spring break from Miami.

Found the entire group to be pleasant and respectful of me and my 4yo.

Most of the time we were up and out early before they even woke up and were back in our cabin for the evening while they were just getting started!

I agree the people I have witnessed that cause the most commotion were the drunk adults and the 10-12 yo group who thought banging on people's door and running was funny :mad:

Just back from the Dream where we had over 1200 kids on board. We also had a whole sorority. The college kids were far and away better behaved than the drunken adults with elementary school-aged kids in tow. During an excursion, a child threw up on my husband and instead of apologizing or helping with clean-up, the mother went to the bar to drink. At 2 am packs of teenagers were running up and down the halls, and families with small children were screaming to one another.

I know that Carnival focuses on family fun but with so many families and children, it was hard to have fun adult time.

Just off the Magic with 1500 kids onboard! It sure didnt seem like it. The only time I really noticed any kids was when they were doing the scavenger hunt. All the camps/clubs are on the 4th deck and they must spend all their time down there. My only complaint was our balcony neighbor who was smoking (I'm fine with that), but he was flicking ashes and butts over the railing!

"butts over the railing"

I can see college kids doing that! :eek:

Sometimes while cruising I come across the "College" cruisers, I stop and think to myself........."How I would have loved to have been so spirited as they are. Now that I am 50+ I'm living my spirited life.....just a little slower.

OceanDreams

Sometimes while cruising I come across the "College" cruisers, I stop and think to myself........."How I would have loved to have been so spirited as they are. Now that I am 50+ I'm living my spirited life.....just a little slower.

OceanDreams

I look at them and remember how much fun it was being that age . A little nostalgic , yeah a little jealous even :)

Like you I still have a ball in life , just different and slower paced

Finally a positive post about us.

I just read those posts and shake my head. I feel like they go "looking" for us to be mal behaved and the slightest thing they see they go "OMG WHAT HORRIBLE SPRING BREAKERS"...When realistically we're just living the life they used to live/wish they could still live. Give us a break..as long as no one is harming you or disrespecting you, I feel like you just need to mind your own business and enjoy your trip.

& I think people forget what Spring Break actually is.

Most of us go to school year round...test after test..essay after essay. Sitting in these long boring lectures all day, every day. BARELY get a day off here and there....finally we get a whole WEEK off. You better believe we're going to let loose and have fun b/c there's not gonna be another one of those for a while!

OceanDreams

As a 55 year old, I can relate to this. Since I'm also on spring break in March, I cruise during this time as well. I enjoy cruising with the college kids even though I work with them 12 months out of the year. I have a blast (as well as a yard) at Senor Frogs in Nassau with the college kids!

Archived