Sostice Cabin 1549 window washing equipment photos

seaver

We were in that cabin on the Equinox a little while ago; and, the equipment is about in the middle. Sorry, no pictures since we were not overly disturbed by it. We felt it was a fair trade off for a larger balcony.

By the way, we are not overly sensitive to minor disturbances in our lives.

jackdiamond, Thanks for the reply,How much bigger was the balcony? And if you could give a little more info on the equipment as you can remember it, I would be grateful. Trying to decide to keep it or go for another cabin.

jackdiamond, Thanks for the reply,How much bigger was the balcony? And if you could give a little more info on the equipment as you can remember it, I would be grateful. Trying to decide to keep it or go for another cabin.

I would say that is was probably 30-40% larger. Since it did not overly disturb us, I really cannot help you with a description. By the way our cruise was a ten nighter; hence, you can see it was not a significant problem for us.

On the other hand, more sensitive folks may take umbrage at the equipment.

We had that cabin on the Solstice. If you like to sit on your balcony then I would say that it is good choice in changing cabins. It really blocks any pictures that you want to take from your balcony. I felt that the window washer was rather huge and never moved for 7 days. Celebrity did give us a free excursion because of the inconvenience. They said that it was a very common complaint.

If anyone has photos of this equipment please post.

Thanks in addvance

We were on the other side of the ship, so if you look at a deck plan you can figure out how your side will appear. Does appear to be one cabin away from the equipment?

Kel

Celebrity Solstice

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1556

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Some Obstructions; this cabin perhaps gets the brunt of the window washing equipment.(support pole, fold out basket and suspended basket -- see photo) Not really a problem for us, but others might think differently.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size

Was wind a problem? No problems, if fact this could be the best cabin to avoid wind as the cabins forward jet out and protect this cabin.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? This area of Aqua Class cabins is under the over-hang and receives no sun; it also is the most protected from the weather.

Attached Thumbnails

IMG_2198.jpg.ac695f196960f28915a18ebe80125329.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg.4f54ddf3eea203bc3a0bbaa479b1c05e.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg.a2d8f74849c4f87d6f17f45ee1e4617a.jpg

We had that cabin on the Solstice. If you like to sit on your balcony then I would say that it is good choice in changing cabins. It really blocks any pictures that you want to take from your balcony. I felt that the window washer was rather huge and never moved for 7 days. Celebrity did give us a free excursion because of the inconvenience. They said that it was a very common complaint.

Thanks, I am glad we changed cabins.

So has anyone stayed in our new cabin 1604? Photos?

We stayed in the cabin next door. It's pretty much a standard AQ cabin with the bed by the balcony and a larger (1606 is the largest) balcony. It's in a great location on the ship, right near the aft elevators.

Archived