is pink slime used in guy's burgers?

H82seaUgo

all the more reason to shop organic at whole foods, etc.

Dear read the article.

Ammonium hydroxide is ammonia combined with water. Ammonia (NH3) is a compound consisting of nitrogen and hydrogen. Both ammonia and ammonium hydroxide are very common compounds, found naturally in the environment (in air, water, and soil) and in all plants and animals, including humans. Ammonia is a source of nitrogen, an essential element for plants and animals. Ammonia is also produced by the human body – by our organs and tissues and by beneficial bacteria living in our intestines.

So it IS organic.

Dear read the article.

Ammonium hydroxide is ammonia combined with water. Ammonia (NH3) is a compound consisting of nitrogen and hydrogen. Both ammonia and ammonium hydroxide are very common compounds, found naturally in the environment (in air, water, and soil) and in all plants and animals, including humans. Ammonia is a source of nitrogen, an essential element for plants and animals. Ammonia is also produced by the human body – by our organs and tissues and by beneficial bacteria living in our intestines.

yes. and then excreted.

It's a PR move on their part because of the bad press.

Wrong or right, I dont worry too much about this stuff and eat what I like. But I am curious as to the looonnggg term effects of these chemicals. Autism as an example. 20 years ago you never heard of this but now.....is it because of chemicals in food or vacinations....?

Wrong or right, I dont worry too much about this stuff and eat what I like. But I am curious as to the looonnggg term effects of these chemicals. Autism as an example. 20 years ago you never heard of this but now.....is it because of chemicals in food or vacinations....?

exactly. my fil just told me that autism affects 1 in 10 now. i was quite surprised by that stat, but have not verified it.

exactly. my fil just told me that autism affects 1 in 10 now. i was quite surprised by that stat, but have not verified it.

It's because of the increased awareness of the disorder. My middle son has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. 20 years ago he would have been labeled as a troubled youth.

Well Jenny McCarthy, and the money grubbing woo-woo toting ilk that led her into foisting this myth upon us, was proven an idiot time and time again by the medical profession. It's a bunch of balooee that vacines cause autism. What skipping vacines has done isn't reduce autism but increased diseases like measles which were at the point of being eradicated at least in the U.S.

But back to the slim-o-rama! Ain't it amazing what cooking something does to its color and texture, not to say taste? :rolleyes:

how many times over the years have we heard the following:

Don't eat beef--high in fat/cholesterol. Eat beef--high in protein and iron

don't eat fish--mercury. Eat fish--low in fat/good cholesterol

don't eat veggies--e.coli. Eat veggies--no antibiotics/fat, etc.

Don't eat eggs---high cholesterol. Eat eggs--high in protein

don't eat,drink dairy--high in fat, sterioids, antibiotics. Eat dairy--exc calcium.

Don't drink tap water--contaminated & fluoride. Drink tap water-cheaper and more eco friendly than bottled water.

Don't eat bread, rice, etc--fattening. Eat bread, rice...whole grains, energy.

Now the pink slime.....

Can we make up our minds and subscribe somewhat to "everything in moderation?"

very well said!

There was something on our local news about a month ago regarding pink slime. I nearly got sick watching it. This article in Particular was about pink slime being used in school lunches. Apparently, it will no longer be allowed, which makes me happy. They described pink slime as animal tissue :eek:

I get our meat from our small local store and it is processed there. I'm fortunate enough to live in a small farming community. By the way, I don't eat hotdogs and I am very selective with the meat I do eat.

It's not by products, and in fact is healthier than standard ground beef because it's 90% lean.

If you've ever trimmed meat, there's areas where you can see meat, but the fat content is exceedingly high, so you just trim it.

Several years ago, a process was invented to separate the fat, such they can get more beef from near the bone. The resulting meat has been dubbed pink slime, and then it's worked into other ground beef.

The controvery is because it is a chemical process. It doesn't sound all that scary to me, but YMMV. It's been thoroughly reviewed. It's been in practice a long time. The chemicals are simple.

But add "chemicals" and a catchy scary name and you can sell a ton of books and advertising.

Exactly, the chemical process (exposure to amonia gas) is to kill e-Coli, but you know, I'm sure there are some natural food fanatics out there would prefer the e-coli. (I guess :confused:)

There was something on our local news about a month ago regarding pink slime. I nearly got sick watching it. This article in Particular was about pink slime being used in school lunches. Apparently, it will no longer be allowed, which makes me happy. They described pink slime as animal tissue :eek:

I get our meat from our small local store and it is processed there. I'm fortunate enough to live in a small farming community. By the way, I don't eat hotdogs and I am very selective with the meat I do eat.

Uhhh, you are aware that ALL meat is animal tissue, right? It's just the fatty part of the cow that used to be too expensive to trim, they found a way to seperate the lean part of the beef from the fat.

The controvery is because it is a chemical process. It doesn't sound all that scary to me, but YMMV. It's been thoroughly reviewed. It's been in practice a long time. The chemicals are simple.

I live in beef country and the controversy is the fact that what was once used for dog food was approved by the USDA and allowed to be used in ground beef with no labeling requirement. As consumers we have a right to know what is in our food that we purchase. I'm glad many of you here are fine with pink slime in your ground beef, but for those of us who prefer not to have it in our food, label it and we all can make the choice at the market.

I live in beef country and the controversy is the fact that what was once used for dog food was approved by the USDA and allowed to be used in ground beef with no labeling requirement. As consumers we have a right to know what is in our food that we purchase. I'm glad many of you here are fine with pink slime in your ground beef, but for those of us who prefer not to have it in our food, label it and we all can make the choice at the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshlnRWnf30

This will change your life ;)

Thank you!

Just back from LIBERTY and watched the process of the balling of the bulk meat in the LIDO prekitchen and tray of 48 prepped for the grill. The round is flash cooked 30 seconds then spatula pressed on the 650 degree flat grill. The excipient aka grease is clear and oily. This is exactly how it should be done. Flip the burger & spatula the patty again. The panning of the cooked meat did NOT have any Pink Hydroxide residue in the pan. This is the real deal with Guy's name on it.

Pressing a burger makes it dry....

A message from Seafood country to Beef country: you'd be shocked to see what's in your fishsticks;)

Pretty sure all meat is animal tissue........

Archived