Shareholder onboard credit

gb1466

Does anyone know the turnaround time to get OBC for shareholders?

i waited 2 weeks, then called, said they were running about 2 weeks behind, i waited another 2 weeks, still not there, then I called in another week and reached someone who said it was disallowed the first time I sent it as we had hand written our name on the stock page and it needed to be in print. We changed this and sent it in a week ago and I just got an email from Princess today saying it was posted.

I emailed mine a couple of weeks ago, and followed the suggestion of the Princess rep and followed it up with a mailed copy on 2/19. It was posted on my account when I checked yesterday.

I sent the mailed copy certified so I knew they received it. Less than 2 dollars and pretty good insurance that it got there.

Mine took 6 weeks, faxed twice and e-mailed twice. TA called and called. The day it was added she called and was on the phone with them for 50 minutes to get it taken care of. I have absolutely no idea what went wrong or happened this time. Used their form and sent the exact same brokerage statements I had in the past (the current one of the month I faxed) and still there was problems. First time they lost it and then again they couldn't find the next one. This was very frustrating. At least finally though it is on and I'm taking the printed copy my TA sent with me on the cruise, just in case.

Be sure and follow up. If we hadn't, it wouldn't have been added. This was a first since we were able to have the shareholder OBC added on.

I both email and fax mine in and got a 5-day turnaround for my recent Star cruise. If you receive a confirmation that it's been applied, print a copy and bring it with you. If you don't receive a confirmation, bring a copy of what you faxed or the relevant page from your most recent brokerage statement (that has your name on it) and they will credit you onboard.

Mine took 6 weeks, faxed twice and e-mailed twice. TA called and called. The day it was added she called and was on the phone with them for 50 minutes to get it taken care of. I have absolutely no idea what went wrong or happened this time. Used their form and sent the exact same brokerage statements I had in the past (the current one of the month I faxed) and still there was problems. First time they lost it and then again they couldn't find the next one. This was very frustrating. At least finally though it is on and I'm taking the printed copy my TA sent with me on the cruise, just in case.

Be sure and follow up. If we hadn't, it wouldn't have been added. This was a first since we were able to have the shareholder OBC added on.

My recent experience was nearly the same. If I hadn't finally gotten a supervisor to hand carry the final submission to the shareholder credit office, it wouldn't have gotten done in time. Absolutely ridiculous. They claimed over and over that the faxes never went through, although I had a confirmation sheet each time with the right phone number. Once I even did it in real time with a rep on the phone who said she had it in her hand - but it "mysteriously" disappeared too. Very frustrating. :(

E-mailed mine on the 4th, called on the 20th and was told the shareholder department had never received it. Re-sent it that day, with a cc to customer relations, never heard back, and phoned today. OBC was in place. Did it take 3 weeks or one week? Who knows? The Princess rep said that, because of the flood of military requests, they had a three week turnaround time and were too busy to send confirmations.

Jeez, hire another staffer or two....

Go-Bucks and Shepp: Sorry to hear it happened to you also. What bothers me is, that we faxed all this information to them, but where did it go. That is our financial information they have that is supposedly lost. It has concerned me as to how in the world they could lose all this. Even the e-mails I sent they couldn't find, which makes no sense. Never was like this when Liza was taking care of it.

Thankfully we finally did get the OBC but it truly took just under 6 weeks from the first time I faxed it on February 13.

Makes me wonder what it will be like the next time we try.

When Lisa handeled these things, they were done in days. I wonder what happened?

Several things happened:

Lisa got a well deserved promotion and no longer handles the shareholder OBC.

With the military OBC, the volume of requests has increased significantly.

This great benefit is talked about frequently here. As other people learn of the benefit, they buy the stock and apply, increasing the volume.

E-mailed mine on the 4th, called on the 20th and was told the shareholder department had never received it. Re-sent it that day, with a cc to customer relations, never heard back, and phoned today. OBC was in place. Did it take 3 weeks or one week? Who knows? The Princess rep said that, because of the flood of military requests, they had a three week turnaround time and were too busy to send confirmations.

Jeez, hire another staffer or two....

One recent change that has been made is that the MB is now attached to Captain Circle numbers so that benefit should not have to be applied for over and over.

We will sail on April 8. In February I e-mailed the info to shareholders dept. They said something was missing, so I re-sent it in Feb., Then in mid-March, they disallowed the benefit saying the date on the statement was in 2009--too long ago. The current date was very clearly shown at the top of the statement as being Feb. 2012. We had purchased the stock in 2009. The personnel must be looking for loopholes instead of giving credit!

I called Princess a few days ago and was told the credit is on our acct. Whew!

i waited 2 weeks, then called, said they were running about 2 weeks behind, i waited another 2 weeks, still not there, then I called in another week and reached someone who said it was disallowed the first time I sent it as we had hand written our name on the stock page and it needed to be in print. We changed this and sent it in a week ago and I just got an email from Princess today saying it was posted.

When I called Princess about my fax I was told the # on the form was incorrect 661-753-1394 the correct # is 661-753-0180. I guess the other # is for the military discount and they both go to the same office but just on the wrong fax

I faxed my application and portfolio print-out on 3/13/12 for our 4/7/12 sailing. I also sent a follow up e-mail on 3/20/12. Today, with significant intervention from my TA, Princess finally granted it and credited my account. They said that today they were working on requests received on 3/9/12 and they were behind. They also told my TA that they couldn't locate my fax (I of course had a scan saying it had been successfully sent, with the date and time), so with significant pushing from my TA, they processed it today. They definitely need to get additional staff in there to handle these requests.

I called to inquire if they actually received my email with attachment sent on 3/26 for 4/28 sailing.

The lady said they were now at 03/19. I said it was OK, I just wanted to make sure the email was received but I could certainly wait for my turn to get it processed.

She at first could not find my email address, so she said to resend it, and also send a MAIL to the physical address. They obviously prefer either email with attachment (much easier to locate) and next is physical mail, than fax which she admits that it is easily got lost.

Luckily while we were talking, she found my email address which only had the name but not the location (comcast.net). She did find it, immediately processed it and a confirmation email landed in my inbox minutes later.

I dont remember if we can see the shareholder OBC in My Princess account. My recollection is, the TA can see it but not us. I would give it a couple days then call Princess to verify the OBC is there.

I called to inquire if they actually received my email with attachment sent on 3/26 for 4/28 sailing.

The lady said they were now at 03/19. I said it was OK, I just wanted to make sure the email was received but I could certainly wait for my turn to get it processed.

She at first could not find my email address, so she said to resend it, and also send a MAIL to the physical address. They obviously prefer either email with attachment (much easier to locate) and next is physical mail, than fax which she admits that it is easily got lost.

Luckily while we were talking, she found my email address which only had the name but not the location (comcast.net). She did find it, immediately processed it and a confirmation email landed in my inbox minutes later.

I dont remember if we can see the shareholder OBC in My Princess account. My recollection is, the TA can see it but not us. I would give it a couple days then call Princess to verify the OBC is there.

My shareholder OBC was posted to my account, but I booked through Princess, not through a TA.

Go-Bucks and Shepp: Sorry to hear it happened to you also. What bothers me is, that we faxed all this information to them, but where did it go. That is our financial information they have that is supposedly lost. It has concerned me as to how in the world they could lose all this. Even the e-mails I sent they couldn't find, which makes no sense. Never was like this when Liza was taking care of it.

Thankfully we finally did get the OBC but it truly took just under 6 weeks from the first time I faxed it on February 13.

Makes me wonder what it will be like the next time we try.

Looks like this is happening all to often. I emailed the docs, faxed them twice and snail mailed once. Waited 3 weeks and when I called to follow up they told me they had no record of receiving the documentation. After numerous phone calls to customer service and Buckelews office I finally received notification that the OBC was processed. When I asked why all of the problems I was told it was due to volume of Shareholder OBC requests.

That is pure nonsense. They probably reduced staff (where is Liza?) and replaced Liza with someone new and voila - lost requests and a 3 week backlog.

Someone should inform Buckelew that his product is deteriorating! To wit - the above Shareholder snafus, Carbe deck furniture, 30 minute shows, String quartet, FCC change, etc.

On the form it states that "Applications to receive this benefit must be made no later than 14 days prior to the cruise departure date." For what that is worth!

It took over 6 weeks to get the OBC. This was after the faxes, e-mails and calls from my TA. If she hadn't called last week and told them she wouldn't hang up until they got this taken care of, I doubt it would have been credited to my account.

Now last fall I sent the request in, by fax, and it was taken care of within the week. Liza wasn't there then, so whoever was taking care of the Shareholder's requests then should come back! I just don't see how they could be any busier now than they have been in the past.

It is truly a frustration.

We sent a fax on January 30 for our upcoming May cruise. We sent another on Friday. I was told by a customer service rep that it takes about a week, so on this Friday I will send an email. We haven't sailed on Princess in a couple of years, and have never had an an issue in the past.

We had two shareholder OBCs go missing on Carnival cruises. We followed up on our return from our cruise, showed them the documentation that we had sent in pre-cruise and they refunded our credit card.

Add us to the "Frustrated with Princess" list.

On March 3/12 I emailed all the needed info for our April 15/12 Ruby Princess cruise. On March 21/12 I again emailed the same information. On March 29/12 I faxed the same information.

My TA phoned today...our Shareholders Benefit OBC is still not showing on our booking!! TA was told to call again next week!? :( Over a month and we're still waiting!? Never took more then a couple of days before.

I plan on taking "all the Shareholder paperwork" I've emailed/faxed to Princess with us when we sail.

Question...Who do I talk too about this onboard? I really don't want to get the run around at the Guest Relations desk.

I for one...really miss Lisa...she did a really Excellent Job with the OBC's!! It's a real "Gong Show" in that department now from the sounds of some of the recent feedback concerning the OBC's and how they are being handled now.

Pat :)

Archived