Pacific Dawn dry dock

thied

I've played bingo a lot...but never the bongos! The mind boggles oh David the mind pictures I have...bongo players lining a staircase outside of bingo..dabbers in one hand and bongos in the other?

Whatever did you mean Theid?

Sue

I've played bingo a lot...but never the bongos! The mind boggles oh David the mind pictures I have...bongo players lining a staircase outside of bingo..dabbers in one hand and bongos in the other?

Whatever did you mean Theid?

Sue

you must have had very boring bingo presenters on your cruises.

what is a bongo? mmmmm well when playing bingo on most cruise ships mainly P&O Australia cruise ships and some one calls bingo and it is found they do not have bingo, well its called a bongo , so as punishment for falsely calling bingo the person or persons have go on stage and do the chicken dance or some similer to that.

That makes slightly more sense, our bingo players are too smart to need to do chicken dance but why would a staircase make that easier?

Sue

I have to admit, I knew what Thied meant re the Bongos. The stairs would make it quicker for the ones upstairs to come down (not just Bongos though, bingo winners as well) rather than have to go out of the showlounge, down the other stairs and then into the showlounge on the lower level.

I must say, when we first cruised on the Dawn I found not having those stairs inside the showlounge to be a little inconvenient after being on the Sun where they do have them.

I have to admit, I knew what Thied meant re the Bongos. The stairs would make it quicker for the ones upstairs to come down (not just Bongos though, bingo winners as well) rather than have to go out of the showlounge, down the other stairs and then into the showlounge on the lower level.

I must say, when we first cruised on the Dawn I found not having those stairs inside the showlounge to be a little inconvenient after being on the Sun where they do have them.

Those stairs do take up a lot of room and also obstruct views when trying to watch the shows.

As for taking the stairs to claim my bingo win....well i'm still waiting to win bingo ;).

Ah now I see thanks for the interpretation...bingo must have gone on for a long time on that ship...especially if you had more bongos than bingos.

You get the hat for future interpretation.....

Sue

Ah now I see thanks for the interpretation...bingo must have gone on for a long time on that ship...especially if you had more bongos than bingos.

You get the hat for future interpretation.....

Sue

Im so glad you got it, I do know a 5 yr old that knows what a bongo is.

yes the stairs are in a good spot on the pacific sun bow end of the show room.

I don't think you can expect people who do not cruise on P&O to know what a Bongo is, as on other cruise lines they probably don't humiliate their paying passengers for making an error.

I think this is just plain embarrasing for all concerned and not in the least funny, I felt so sorry for those people:o

Ok, we now are all clear on what a 'bongo' is but you still haven't told us what a 'Wogu Wogu' is.........Waiting..........

on other cruise lines they probably don't humiliate their paying passengers for making an error.

I think this is just plain embarrasing for all concerned and not in the least funny, I felt so sorry for those people:o

its all in good fun but as a lot of things in life if you do not how the game is played, then do not play the game,

I do not think or see how they plain to embarrasing or humiliate any one at if they did then there would be so many complants about it.

THat is like saying that they plain to humiliate people who takin out of the crowd and brought on stage in show and made a fool of/ had some fun with.

I for one have been taken out of the crowd on to the stage and yes you feel like a ,,,,,,,, at the time but its all just good clean fun.

Like I said before if you 100% do not want this to happen then do not play or go to the shows that may do this.

I don't think you can expect people who do not cruise on P&O to know what a Bongo is, as on other cruise lines they probably don't humiliate their paying passengers for making an error.

Ok, we now are all clear on what a 'bongo' is but you still haven't told us what a 'Wogu Wogu' is.........Waiting..........

I agree. I do not like that the passenger is humiliated just because they made a simple mistake in bingo. I have been on cruises where they have had all the other bingo participants make a "L" sign (as in Loser) to the Bongo passenger. I don't think it's funny at all :mad:.

I agree. I do not like that the passenger is humiliated just because they made a simple mistake in bingo. I have been on cruises where they have had all the other bingo participants make a "L" sign (as in Loser) to the Bongo passenger. I don't think it's funny at all :mad:.
it is very hard to mistake in bingo on a cruise ship, as the game it played at a snails pace where they play 5 games in 90 min, un like real bingo played in bingo halls which is played at mac speed where thaey 20plus games in 90min.

Was that meant to be rude? I certainly know what a bongo is in the normal context of the word...I have never claimed to be familiar with the Pacific Dawn and so why would I know what it had to do with staircases?

Sue

The Pacific Dawn heading out of Brisbane for thast time has she is, apen her return she will go into dry dock for her make over.

pdjpg0-25.jpg

The Pacific Dawn heading out of Brisbane for thast time has she is, apen her return she will go into dry dock for her make over.

Would you repeat that in English please?:confused::confused::confused:

pdjpg0-25.jpg

Would you repeat that in English please?:confused::confused::confused:

The Pacific Dawn heading out of Brisbane for the last time has she is, upon her return she will go into dry dock for her make over.

The Pacific Dawn heading out of Brisbane for the last time has she is, upon her return she will go into dry dock for her make over.

Do you not mean

The Pacific Dawn heading out of Brisbane for the last time as she is, upon her return she will go into dry dock for her make over.

And then I will board her and take my place in a suite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you not mean

The Pacific Dawn heading out of Brisbane for the last time as she is, upon her return she will go into dry dock for her make over.

And then I will board her and take my place in a suite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no I mean as I posted..............................

but as you have said so well, yes we will be in a suite, when she the Pacifc Dawn comes out of dry dock we are as you said are goung to be in a suites for our cruise.

.... I usually have to take a dark , damp inside cabin to cruise.

Actually Tiger, if there are more of you it is cheaper to book a suite or mini, than more than one cabin. We have friends who do just that. On the other hand, we can have more real cruises if we book the ordinary cabins. I know what I'd rather do. :D

Archived