Pacific Dawn dry dock

thied

email from P&O and its on fb as well.

We have three Pacific Dawn Dry Dock competitions starting next week! All of our Dawn Dry Dock comps will be open up until the 6th May, so plenty of time to enter over the weekend if you haven't already! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hopefully the refit will include new trivia questions.

I find it amazing that long time cruisers copy down the questions and answers at each trivia session and then use these at each trivia session!

How hollow must the win be, trivia should be a test of general knowledge. Those that get 21 out of 21 by checking a list may as well go online and use google next time!

PPhewww sorry just needed a rant :-)

Hopefully the refit will include new trivia questions.

I find it amazing that long time cruisers copy down the questions and answers at each trivia session and then use these at each trivia session!

How hollow must the win be, trivia should be a test of general knowledge. Those that get 21 out of 21 by checking a list may as well go online and use google next time!

PPhewww sorry just needed a rant :-)

Hi fatguts....welcome to CC.

If what you say regarding repeat cruisers cheating at Trivia, then whoever is taking the trivia should make sure they ask questions that have not been asked before. not just Pacific Dawn, but all P&O ships.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

A good Cruise , or Entertainment Director , will make sure that "fresh" trivia questions are always asked.

It is a very challenging job . Not only do they need fresh questions ,

but the answers must be thoroughly researched to prevent WW3.:D.

I can recall doing a segment of a world cruise and one of the entertainment staff

had the task of going ashore at each port of call

and scouring the bookshops for new and different trivia books.

Have seen it unfortunately on the last 3 cruises..:(

Last cruise on the Dawn prior to dry dock 97x cruiser would record all questions and answers at each trivia comp and refer to compiled list! All that for a stubby cooler;) Took the fun out of it!

Thoroughly agree David and some of the staff started to do this!

One morning trivia session there were just 5 of us and we sat at a table with the trivia master. 97x cruiser had the Gall to record Q&A in front of her!

About 18 months ago, we did B2B cruises on Pacific Jewel. On the second cruise, we went to a trivia where they asked the same questions as on the first cruise. We (or should I say "I" coz hubby is hopeless at these things) got 19/20 in that trivia. I did not have the answers written in front of me (coz I hadn't written them down), it was purely from memory. I felt slack about winning that trivia when we had done it just a week before BUT what was I supposed to do?.....purposely answer questions wrong??? As I said, purely from memory which as far as I'm concerned is not cheating.

We also won one of the (same) music trivias on the second cruise BUT on the first cruise, I (and I say I coz I was playing alone) came second by only one question (by a team of 6).

Earlier this week, we all remembered the Anzacs onboard our ships. We wanted to share this special video with you from the Dawn Service on Pacific Dawn - it was very moving for all the crew, contractors and shipyard workers who attended.

Moving Anzac Day Dawn service, held onboard the P&O Pacific Dawn whilst in dry dock in Brisbane 2012.

The pilot has just left the ship for the Pacific Dawn to do her sea trials, as it is a major thing to do sea trials after dry dock to make sure every thing works and nothing breaks down we hope.

Have seen it unfortunately on the last 3 cruises..:(

Last cruise on the Dawn prior to dry dock 97x cruiser would record all questions and answers at each trivia comp and refer to compiled list! All that for a stubby cooler;) Took the fun out of it!

I was on last cruise with you and a member of the cruise staff told us that on a previous cruise with the 'winners'' one of the cruise staff said as they had won the previous three trivias that she would give the prize to the second placegetters and the 'winners' complained to the Captain and the staff member was hauled over the coals:eek: As you know I totally agree with your sentiments:)

I was on last cruise with you and a member of the cruise staff told us that on a previous cruise with the 'winners'' one of the cruise staff said as they had won the previous three trivias that she would give the prize to the second placegetters and the 'winners' complained to the Captain and the staff member was hauled over the coals:eek: As you know I totally agree with your sentiments:)

Hope Mum was seen off well.

Tania and I have booked the Dawn for June 30 W222, will let you know how the trivia goes ;).

Hope Mum was seen off well.

Tania and I have booked the Dawn for June 30 W222, will let you know how the trivia goes ;).

Yes thanks all went well. Linda and I have booked the last cruise for the sun in July and Voyager of the Seas in Jan:)

Good luck with the trivia I suppose it depends on who is sailing

• 3 weeks later...

after being on her after dry dock yes great cruise, yes great to P&O spent money on the old girl and no to was there much change.

Archived