Pacific Dawn dry dock

thied

have to wait and see on that one:D

even if there is a three day cruise after her dry dock, i do dont think any one on a 3 nighter will stay in a suit.:D so your suit and our should be safe :D:D

have to wait and see on that one:D

even if there is a three day cruise after her dry dock, i do dont think any one on a 3 nighter will stay in a suit.:D so your suit and our should be safe :D:D

Are you in a suite or mini suite? Have you been in both in the past? Just wondering what the differnece is.

No we are not - she is going to do a three day mini cruise - so who is going to be sleeping in my new bed

Is it known what changes they are going to do while she is in Dry Dock? other than mechanical stuff.

According to "tackysxr's" post ,new beds are being put in.

WOW.THATS FANTASTIC.

Thanks for the heads up "tacky". Looking forward to hearing what folk think of them.:):)

Is it known what changes they are going to do while she is in Dry Dock? other than mechanical stuff.

Well lets see

! New beds

! New carpets

! new curtains

! A Big TV screen

! La Luna will be given its own perment space

! Buffet restaurent gets a new colour scheme and furnishings

! Bacchus Bar will become the MIX cocktail bar ( which was is way allready)

! some cabins will be inter conwcted for familys.

! New comcomputeriseded winch for the ropes used in thee cirque shows in the atrium

! making tossed salads in front of massengers in the Buffet.

! Bengal bar will become the orient bar with a sports look about it and many more beers and ciders on tap.

P.S The ice cream bar will be replaced newzealand natural ( they could done that allready as I would have noticed as I dont like ice cream.

Are you in a suite or mini suite?
yes we are in a suite.

your question Just wondering what the differnece is?

! suite 52 sq mtrs

! mini suite 34 sq mtrs

! standed cabin is 17.2 sq mtrs

Because I can comment on any thread I want :D.

I for one are looking forward to what they do to the Pacific Dawn in dry dock this month are you?

Hey Thied, you seem to know all about the work being done, any word as to where they are relocating the Tiger to?

Apparently it is being moved out of the Bengal Bar when it is renovated & renamed and placed in a mystery location on the ship.

Are you in a suite or mini suite? Have you been in both in the past? Just wondering what the differnece is.

yes we are in a suite.

your question Just wondering what the differnece is?

! suite 52 sq mtrs

! mini suite 34 sq mtrs

! standed cabin is 17.2 sq mtrs

And Thied, you still didn't answer my question. Have you been in a mini suite AND a suite? Is it worth paying the extra money for a suite???
yes we have stayed in mini suites and suites and yes it is worth it can you aford it?

Hey Thied, you seem to know all about the work being done, any word as to where they are relocating the Tiger to?

Apparently it is being moved out of the Bengal Bar when it is renovated & renamed and placed in a mystery location on the ship.

thats interesting about the tiger we will have to see where it ends up:rolleyes:

Hi Suncoaster here it is from the horse's mouth (so to speak)..........

http://www.pocruises.com.au/aboutus/news/pages/new-look-for-pacific-dawn.aspx

I see they are going to get some of Tony Rea's artwork. Now we just want some classical music and a chamber emsemble or two and we'll be a bit more upmarket! ;) ;)

from the sail away book sent to me and I do not think you find this on line

img002.jpgimg013.jpg

I see Thied has a Pacific Pearl cruise in his signature, I wonder how he will manage on the Pearl as she doesn't have any suites, only mini-suites.
as said many times we have do stay in both:rolleyes:

With all these questions about mine suites and suites, one would think that if all these members are so very interested in them, they may like to try staying in a suite or mini suite they may like it, like many other cruises do.

as said many times we have do stay in both:rolleyes:

With all these questions about mine suites and suites, one would think that if all these members are so very interested in them, they may like to try staying in a suite or mini suite they may like it, like many other cruises do.

Just wondering how a family of 4 stays in a room for 3:confused:

When they do refurb the Dawn it will be nice to see that all the cabins will have brand spanking new carpets. I guess they won't need to be steam cleaned for a while ;).

I wonder when they'll put the Jewel in for dry dock if it's having so many problems :confused:. P&O really need to refurb the Marquee on both the Jewel and especially the Pearl (+ my last cabin on the Pearl which was severely flooded and really needs the carpet replaced and not just aired and steam cleaned :p).

Don't the mini suites only sleep 3?

yes that is true:rolleyes: waiting for it :)

Just wondering how a family of 4 stays in a room for 3:confused:
now thats is very interestin that you bring that point up as I did say waiting for it. as in meaning im waiting for you to say this very thing quote ( how a family of 4 stays in a room for 3:confused)

! as many mini suite have a king double and a double soffer bed and when we have traveled with friends staying a mini suite as well, we just book one child in there cabin and one with us till we get on board the ship, in which case once on board we charge our secound child back to our cabin.

as seen here in photo

Picture244.jpg

please check it as it can be done. even down to changing the cruise card.

ps one is 19 and has not cruised with use for while.

Archived