Epic Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/March 23rd, 2012 Sailing

Just returned from a short visit to Charleston and ate at Toast per your suggestion. Couldn't get in for breakfast but ate dinner there and really enjoyed it. My wife loves coconut creme pie and she thought theirs was one of the best ever. I had the chocolate creme pie and it was great as well. Ate seafood at Hymans one night and enjoyed it too. We drove by the port on the way out Tuesday and saw the Fantasy docked there and wished we could have boarded her... maybe someday.Looks like The Andrew found a job, great news!Really happy for you both and can't wait for your next review.

Such a good time to be had in Dec. Friends just got off Tuesday and enjoyed the cruise very much... it was their first cruise so nothing to complain about, nothing to compare it to, just a wonderful time!

Go forth and multiply.... NO WAIT, that's not it... Go forth and BUY multiple DRINKS, that's IT! :eek::D

Just returned from a short visit to Charleston and ate at Toast per your suggestion. Couldn't get in for breakfast but ate dinner there and really enjoyed it. My wife loves coconut creme pie and she thought theirs was one of the best ever. I had the chocolate creme pie and it was great as well. Ate seafood at Hymans one night and enjoyed it too. We drove by the port on the way out Tuesday and saw the Fantasy docked there and wished we could have boarded her... maybe someday.Looks like The Andrew found a job, great news!Really happy for you both and can't wait for your next review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that the recommendation for Toast was a good one. I have heard good things about Hymans as well. I think I ate at Hymans back in high school.

He didnt find a job yet but the search continues. He gets a check for some property that he sold every 3 months or so and we are using that for this December cruise. So happy to have a countdown ticker!

Such a good time to be had in Dec. Friends just got off Tuesday and enjoyed the cruise very much... it was their first cruise so nothing to complain about, nothing to compare it to, just a wonderful time!

Go forth and multiply.... NO WAIT, that's not it... Go forth and BUY multiple DRINKS, that's IT! :eek::D

There will be no multiplying! If Andrew and I were to multiply it would be the end of human civilization as we know it.

Multiple DRINKS however....you got it!!!!

There will be no multiplying! If Andrew and I were to multiply it would be the end of human civilization as we know it.

Multiple DRINKS however....you got it!!!!

There GOES another screen... coffee all over it! LOL

I thought you would get a kick out of that...

I found your 2010 review a few days ago and really enjoyed it, especially the pictures.

This morning I found this one and WOW, awesome.

I'm glad that you're going on the 7 day in Dec.

It's weird how you can spend a little time reading threads and you feel that you know the writers. Andrew really looks familiar, living in Goose Creek you never know.

Thanks for sharing your trips.

Great review, thanks for posting all of the great pictures, really looks like you and the Andrew had a great time. You are the kind of people my wife and I love to meet on our cruises.

You are welcome. It is so hard picking and choosing which pictures to put on the review. We take so many that it is hard to narrow down.

We just like to have fun and smile a lot. We like meeting people that have a good time as well.

I found your 2010 review a few days ago and really enjoyed it, especially the pictures.

This morning I found this one and WOW, awesome.

I'm glad that you're going on the 7 day in Dec.

It's weird how you can spend a little time reading threads and you feel that you know the writers. Andrew really looks familiar, living in Goose Creek you never know.

Thanks for sharing your trips.

I am glad you enjoyed both of our reviews. I know exactly what you mean about reading these threads and "knowing" the writers. There are many folks on here that I feel that way about and some of them I have given "voices". I especially like giving cruella deville-like voices to the grumps on here. Try it...it's hilarious!

We love Myrtle Beach. We have been up there for Bike Week in the past as well as House of Blues for concerts but that's about it. We were just talking the other day about maybe coming up there for a weekend to go to Myrtle Waves. Love that waterpark! Wait...is it still open? :eek:

Your neice is going to have so much fun. I wish I had been able to take a cruise at 16 years old! :o

I also live in myrtpe beach. Yes myrtle waves is Spstill open. If you come in august or after til season is over you can go on Sunday for like 10 dollars. They always run that in the papers. Did you come bike week this year?? And you are on my end mostly...north myrtle beach. :-) ok...I love your review too. Been sitting here reading it. I wanna go out of Charleston. For one I LOVE Charleston!! (Might come up that way for my birthday...as I will have a baby in July and my bday is august 12.) But my hubby likes to have a big room and the fantasy doesn't have any (suite) big rooms. But I'm happy as long as its a boat. We will be doing a b2b in Dec on the breeze out of Miami....so the next cruise will be in a loooong time. And you guys look like a great couple. You're like me and my hubby. Always find something to do (ie drinking haha) and make the cruise the best. And not expect much. I am glad the andrew is doing good. Sorry I have not read your other review but i def am next. But my hubby had got in a motorcycle accident on new years eve. So I know what you mean by it's been a rough year. I wasn't sure what beach to do in nassau...we will be there twice on the b2b. But you sold me on junkaroo beach. Sand, water, and cheap drinks. Works for us. :-)

Ah Ha! I knew it! :D I bet you also shop at the Hudson's Flea Market beside the water park. I sell jewelry & handbags at SASSY LADY at the market. :D

I will have to come see you. I love purses. But my hubby hates me buying so many. Haha.

I also live in myrtpe beach. Yes myrtle waves is Spstill open. If you come in august or after til season is over you can go on Sunday for like 10 dollars. They always run that in the papers. Did you come bike week this year?? And you are on my end mostly...north myrtle beach. :-) ok...I love your review too. Been sitting here reading it. I wanna go out of Charleston. For one I LOVE Charleston!! (Might come up that way for my birthday...as I will have a baby in July and my bday is august 12.) But my hubby likes to have a big room and the fantasy doesn't have any (suite) big rooms. But I'm happy as long as its a boat. We will be doing a b2b in Dec on the breeze out of Miami....so the next cruise will be in a loooong time. And you guys look like a great couple. You're like me and my hubby. Always find something to do (ie drinking haha) and make the cruise the best. And not expect much. I am glad the andrew is doing good. Sorry I have not read your other review but i def am next. But my hubby had got in a motorcycle accident on new years eve. So I know what you mean by it's been a rough year. I wasn't sure what beach to do in nassau...we will be there twice on the b2b. But you sold me on junkaroo beach. Sand, water, and cheap drinks. Works for us. :-)

Come to Charleston! Always tons of fun to be had. Good news about Myrtle Waves and what a bargain at $10.00 on Sundays! I will have to keep that in mind.

Sorry to hear about the motorcycle accident but am glad to hear he is okay.

There are a few Grand Suites on Fantasy that have a small balcony but the room itself is sizeable. However, I have noticed that the prices are pretty rediculous for that small of a balcony.

I am so jealous of your B2B. We have been talking about eventually doing this one day. So, you get to go to Nassau twice eh? Junkanoo Beach is so convenient and such a great atmosphere. I think this time around we may be headed to The Blue Lagoon. I hear there are a few spots off the beaten path that are far enough away to make you feel like you are on a deserted island. I like that idea!

Come to Charleston! Always tons of fun to be had. Good news about Myrtle Waves and what a bargain at $10.00 on Sundays! I will have to keep that in mind.

Sorry to hear about the motorcycle accident but am glad to hear he is okay.

There are a few Grand Suites on Fantasy that have a small balcony but the room itself is sizeable. However, I have noticed that the prices are pretty rediculous for that small of a balcony.

I am so jealous of your B2B. We have been talking about eventually doing this one day. So, you get to go to Nassau twice eh? Junkanoo Beach is so convenient and such a great atmosphere. I think this time around we may be headed to The Blue Lagoon. I hear there are a few spots off the beaten path that are far enough away to make you feel like you are on a deserted island. I like that idea!

I haven't been to Charleston to visit in years. I'm trying to convince hubby. But with the cruise he doesn't want to spend anything extra til then. But I'm working on him. I love downtown historic...and the marketplace. I would go there to do all my shopping. And i agree with the price. It was about the same to go to Florida and get on a bigger ship and bigger room. Charleston is convienant for a lot of people so they charge that. :rolleyes:

Yeah we will be in Nassau twice. I know I want to parasail so that is a must. And is only about an hour. Otherwise I wanna shop, beach, and drink. Haha. I was looking into a booze cruise I saw online for one of the visits. But idk. Cuz can sit on the beach and drink cheaper. And leaves me more money to shop with. :D and the prices you mentioned were good at junkanoo. And i love the idea of getting an extra bottle for a lil more taste. We always buy soooo much liquor to bring back its redicioulus. Last cruise we had 10 bottles, and 2 were the 3 liters we got in Nassau. :eek: I didn't get any Nassau made rum last time but I def will this time. Ok...I'm rambling now. Sorry.

I haven't been to Charleston to visit in years. I'm trying to convince hubby. But with the cruise he doesn't want to spend anything extra til then. But I'm working on him. I love downtown historic...and the marketplace. I would go there to do all my shopping. And i agree with the price. It was about the same to go to Florida and get on a bigger ship and bigger room. Charleston is convienant for a lot of people so they charge that. :rolleyes:

I completely understand about not spending any money that you could be spending on the cruise. We have been wanting to go camping and do the Myrtle Beach thing but that money could be so much more useful on the cruise.

Yes we do have some pics of waterworks. Oh, you just wait! Funneh stuff there. I dont think we have a picture of it from afar but I think there were pics of it at the end of my last review.

We visited Freeport and Nassau. 5 day cruise out of Charleston.

All4fun&fun4all - we are taking this same cruise out of Charleston end of July with my 15 year old daughter and her friend - coming from Charlotte - wanted to do it as inexpensively as possible - just a bonus trip summer trip for kids -

any recommendations on things to do in Bahamas that are NOT excursions -

just too expensive for 4 people!

thanks

All4fun&fun4all - we are taking this same cruise out of Charleston end of July with my 15 year old daughter and her friend - coming from Charlotte - wanted to do it as inexpensively as possible - just a bonus trip summer trip for kids -

any recommendations on things to do in Bahamas that are NOT excursions -

just too expensive for 4 people!

thanks

There are tons of free/cheap things to do that arent excursions. In all of our cruises, we have only done one Carnival sponsored excursion.

Nassau:

Food: Make sure to have a big breakfast on the ship so that you wont be tempted to have lunch while off the ship. Perhaps bring some cheese crackers in your bag in case someone ends up hungry before you can make it back onboard.

Beach: Junkanoo Beach is within walking distance if you are looking for a clean beach and some lively music. You can also get a shuttle with a group of people and find a beach that way.

Tours: You could get a Frommer's Tour Guide book and do a walking tour. Probably best to do this with a few people in addition to yourselves. (Safety in Numbers). Someone had mentioned in their review that they hopped on the #10 Jitney and rode it for the entire loop. It took them around 45 minutes to complete but it was $1.25 pp and is like a really inexpensive tour of Nassau. I have not tried this but we have thought about it.

FREEPORT:

After our last trip to Lucaya, I really cant recommend it anymore but I know that some folks dont share my opinion on this. Since we have only gone to Lucaya, I am not really sure what to suggest. We had thought about doing Dead Man's Reef but that is an excursion costing about $35.00pp and it seems that isnt really what you want.

My thoughts, if you go to the Ports of Call section on these boards, go to the section for Bahamas, you will get all kinds of great advice. There is a user named scubagirl that lives in Nassau that is a WEALTH of information.

Good luck with what you guys choose to do, and most of all have a great cruise!

I completely understand about not spending any money that you could be spending on the cruise. We have been wanting to go camping and do the Myrtle Beach thing but that money could be so much more useful on the cruise.

Very true. :-) come in august thru Sept. Things start slowing down and become a lot cheaper. After Sept its a ghost town...as you prob know. That's one reason I like Charleston b/c its always busy.

But we are now focusing on the cruise. It seems soooo far away. And me being on here everyday does not make it go any faster. Your review really has me in the cruising spirit. Aaahhhh!!

The rum trick is awesome. I will sneak some of my bottles this way when I go on a cruise trip this year end.

Um, I think this is spam. I dont see anything on here related to sneaking on bottles. Unless I am missing something. :confused:

Tours: You could get a Frommer's Tour Guide book and do a walking tour. Probably best to do this with a few people in addition to yourselves. (Safety in Numbers). Someone had mentioned in their review that they hopped on the #10 Jitney and rode it for the entire loop. It took them around 45 minutes to complete but it was $1.25 pp and is like a really inexpensive tour of Nassau. I have not tried this but we have thought about it.

The Bahamas forum has a walking tour somewhere on it...

Or, instead of purchasing book, look for a walking tour online or go to public library, find a book with one and photocopy just the few pages you need. Actually, it seems like Frommers or Fodor HAS one online.

EDITED TO ADD: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/newprovidence/0251010008.html I went to their website and found this tour. If you scroll down to the bottom it has a map.

DD and I took a jitney ride last December. We got on the #10a jitney, it took 50 minutes to go the entire route and they charged us $2.50 per person. I'm guessing it was two fares each since we never got off.

We did sit right behind the driver for safety reasons but felt fine the whole time. Hope to do it again this coming December, maybe take another route.

Edited by BananaAnna

DD and I took a jitney ride last December. We got on the #10a jitney, it took 50 minutes to go the entire route and they charged us $2.50 per person. I'm guessing it was two fares each since we never got off.

We did sit right behind the driver for safety reasons but felt fine the whole time. Hope to do it again this coming December, maybe take another route.

Ah, it was YOU that I heard that from. Very cool. I would like to do this in December as well. Definitely worthwhile? We like to know about the cultures and living conditions of the places we travel to.

Um, I think this is spam. I dont see anything on here related to sneaking on bottles. Unless I am missing something. :confused:

After looking, I don't think this is spam - I think it's related to your post where you were using the injectors to fill the water bottles - I'm sure this poster didn't intend any harm ...

After looking, I don't think this is spam - I think it's related to your post where you were using the injectors to fill the water bottles - I'm sure this poster didn't intend any harm ...

Sorta freaks me out that they only have 2 posts and both are links to a product. I work in I.T. and when I see things of that nature I see red flags. That and the fact that I cant see how the product is a smuggling vessel. (yes, my dumb butt clicked on the link)

But perhaps I am paranoid. :)

Edited by All4fun&fun4all

Sorta freaks me out that they only have 2 posts and both are links to a product. I work in I.T. and when I see things of that nature I see red flags. That and the fact that I cant see how the product is a smuggling vessel. (yes, my dumb butt clicked on the link)

But perhaps I am paranoid. :)

Yes you are paranoid but it comes from the field... being in the same field I am leery of things I KNOW are valid!:eek: I teach security+ and am constantly amazed at the complete ignorance about what is out on the web.

On another note Scubagirl on the Bahamas thread has cautioned recently to stay in tourist areas and NOT to do the #10 complete round. She states that with the high unemployment crime has shot thru the roof including tourist crime. Just saying.

Edited by bobsfamily

Very true. :-) come in august thru Sept. Things start slowing down and become a lot cheaper. After Sept its a ghost town...as you prob know. That's one reason I like Charleston b/c its always busy.

But we are now focusing on the cruise. It seems soooo far away. And me being on here everyday does not make it go any faster. Your review really has me in the cruising spirit. Aaahhhh!!

After Sept. a ghost town???? IN MB? You have got to be kidding me. It sure doesn't seem like a ghost town when I'm trying to get somewhere. Granted it's not like summer but with the retirees here and the golfer there is ALWAYS traffic.