Epic Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/March 23rd, 2012 Sailing

I am searching now because for the life of me, I cannot remember where I printed that CC poster thingy. I know I posted it from the site. I will keep looking.

I bought my CC tshirt from the "store" so maybe the name badges are there as well.

Oh wowow. I didnt even know they had a "store" up here. Thanks for the help.. Im looking around as well..

WOW! Thanks for the awesome review. It was one of the best ones I have read. Makes me want to book a cruise right now! And it would be awesome to be on a cruise with you guys!!!

Thank you! That is a huge compliment!

Hey All,

Do you have the menus for the 5 nights? My wife wanted to know what is the first night? 12 days!

I think zydecocruiser has all the menus for 5, 6 and 7 day sailings. Let me see if I can find the link. It has pictures too!

Thank you! (Love your screen name by the way :p)

I am hoping that they will add another ship as well as a variety of itineraries when the terminal is built. If the "Hysterical" Society would just let things progress and quit their whining! It makes me crazy when they start talking about how "these type of cruisers" wouldnt have an interest in Charleston's history and wouldnt spend money at our restaurants and tours. PFTT! If they would just take a peek at these boards they could see how many people actually stay pre and post cruise. :rolleyes:

Rant over. Sorry about that. :o

Being from California, airfare is crazy expensive for any of the Caribbean/Bahama cruises. If we ever go, and leave out of Charleston, you can bet that my family will also spend a few days pre or post cruise in your lovely city -- one that I've always wanted to visit. Don't know the whole story, but hope you guys get your new terminal! :)

Being from California, airfare is crazy expensive for any of the Caribbean/Bahama cruises. If we ever go, and leave out of Charleston, you can bet that my family will also spend a few days pre or post cruise in your lovely city -- one that I've always wanted to visit. Don't know the whole story, but hope you guys get your new terminal! :)

If you are into the "arts" a great time to do a cruise with pre/post stay is during Spoleto... this year from May 25 to June 10:

http://spoletousa.org/home/

It is a hassle to get around downtown but lots of great stuff. Come visit, stay downtown for a bit and then stay on one of the islands for some beach time.

One more question about embarkation, what time did you arrive downtown? When we did the Triumph out of here a couple of years we were down there about 11ish and got on shortly after. Thanks for all your help,

Bob

We were downtown by noon and onboard with first DOD in hand (after putting cash down at Guest Services) at 12:37. That is when I sent an emailed pic of myself to the folks at work. :p

It really is just a mess. One of the members of the Hysterical (Historical) Society says that his building has to be pressure washed each week because of the soot coming from the funnel. I call total B.S.

They are also saying that Carnival cruisers are not the "type of people" that would be interested in our restaurants, tours and are not the type to stay in our hotels. I havent done a ton of reasearch on these idiots but I wonder if they are even native Charlestonians. As a 3rd generation Charlestonian I believe I have much more say than they do. :p

I have a feeling we will eventually get our terminal. But I also believe there will be some fighting involved. Here is a link to the proposed terminal.

http://scspa.com/UnionPierPlan/gallery.html

We were downtown by noon and onboard with first DOD in hand (after putting cash down at Guest Services) at 12:37. That is when I sent an emailed pic of myself to the folks at work. :p

Great! Thanks, we are looking at being down a bit earlier.

It really is just a mess. One of the members of the Hysterical (Historical) Society says that his building has to be pressure washed each week because of the soot coming from the funnel. I call total B.S.

They are also saying that Carnival cruisers are not the "type of people" that would be interested in our restaurants, tours and are not the type to stay in our hotels. I havent done a ton of reasearch on these idiots but I wonder if they are even native Charlestonians. As a 3rd generation Charlestonian I believe I have much more say than they do. :p

What a bunch of "tools"!

I have a feeling we will eventually get our terminal. But I also believe there will be some fighting involved. Here is a link to the proposed terminal.

http://scspa.com/UnionPierPlan/gallery.html

I think that calmer heads will prevail in the end and realize that it is a boon to the area, not just downtown. I wonder how much N. Chuck or Hanahan would jump to have terminal up the river a bit?

Bobsfamily is correct. The time of year we went must have been perfect because there were tons of people walking around and we werent bothered at all. But that may have something to do with my boyfriend being 6'2" and tattooed. ;) We would definitely return there. I really loved having music and drinky drinks right in front of my lighthouse.

I just finished reading your review. I think I laughed all the way through it, especially when I read about your "shocked" reaction during the confiscation. Thank you for showing the way to Junkanoo Beach, but now I'm a little nervous. :( It's just going to be me and my 15 year old daughter cruising to Freeport and Nassau. Maybe the beach will be okay in mid-June?? If not, I'll take bobsfamily's advice and we'll just turn around.

You and The Andrew are too much fun. I can tell just by looking at the pictures and reading your review. I'm sure you'd both be a blast to hang out with on a cruise! Glad you had a great time. :D

I think that calmer heads will prevail in the end and realize that it is a boon to the area, not just downtown. I wonder how much N. Chuck or Hanahan would jump to have terminal up the river a bit?

Mayor Summey (sp) would definitely jump on that. I am super impressed with all the things he has done to try to turn North Charleston around. (ie: Park Circle and that cool waterfront park)

I just finished reading your review. I think I laughed all the way through it, especially when I read about your "shocked" reaction during the confiscation. Thank you for showing the way to Junkanoo Beach, but now I'm a little nervous. :( It's just going to be me and my 15 year old daughter cruising to Freeport and Nassau. Maybe the beach will be okay in mid-June?? If not, I'll take bobsfamily's advice and we'll just turn around.

You and The Andrew are too much fun. I can tell just by looking at the pictures and reading your review. I'm sure you'd both be a blast to hang out with on a cruise! Glad you had a great time. :D

Thanks MeeiMeei! I wouldnt really be too nervous about Junkanoo. Mid June will probably be teeming with people and it really isnt that far, nor will you encounter any weird dark back ally.

Maybe check in with the Roll Call for your sailing and see if anyone plans to go to Junkanoo and try to meet up with them when you get to Nassau and walk together. Safety in numbers!

Mayor Summey (sp) would definitely jump on that. I am super impressed with all the things he has done to try to turn North Charleston around. (ie: Park Circle and that cool waterfront park)

Thanks MeeiMeei! I wouldnt really be too nervous about Junkanoo. Mid June will probably be teeming with people and it really isnt that far, nor will you encounter any weird dark back ally.

Maybe check in with the Roll Call for your sailing and see if anyone plans to go to Junkanoo and try to meet up with them when you get to Nassau and walk together. Safety in numbers!

My roll call has four people (including myself) right now. lol. So I'll just have to keep checking back. Thank you!

Maybe the beach will be okay in mid-June?? If not, I'll take bobsfamily's advice and we'll just turn around.

During normal tourist times and not spring break you should be fine. Scubagirl (who lives in Nassau) has stated that all is fine right now. About a year ago it was not so but the police have had a major presence recently with a station across from Junkanoo now.

My best advice is to scope it out and if you in the least bit uncomfortable wander right back out.

I do know that the Sheraton has had some very good reviews but it's $25 (I think) and does have guards.

Next up was the ice carving. It always amazes me the skill these guys have that has been passed on through generations. But for the life of me...I cannot tell WTH this is

CarnivalFantasy2012167.jpg

I will say that the deck crew kept a vigilant eye out for kids in the adult only jacuzzi but the one that allowed kids was packed. We called this Kid Soup

CarnivalFantasy2012169.jpg

And then it was time for the Hairy Chest Competition. This is actually one of my favorite lido competitions. I couldnt get the Andrew to do it again (and he actually trimmed his chest hair so I wouldnt get him in it) but I seriously laughed til I almost cried.

Here are the contestants

CarnivalFantasy2012183.jpg

And the winner!

CarnivalFantasy2012198.jpg

Devin came by and I got a picture with him

CarnivalFantasy2012199.jpg

We stopped by the Galleria shops and got a carton of Marlboro Light 100's (Cost: $28.50) They had a deal for 2 cartons for $52.00 but we were on a pretty tight budget so we just shared this carton.

Yet another bucket o beer for the Andrew and we stopped by our cabin to refresh our drinks. Before the cruise I contacted John Heald on Facebook just telling him we were excited to be cruising. I wasnt trying to be one of "those" people and ask for anything. But, he did send something to our cabin.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries, a bottle of Santero champagne and a 24 CARAT GOLD PLASTIC SHIP ON A STICK! How cool! The Andrew was blown away and was reduced to tears.

CarnivalFantasy2012201.jpg

Loving your review and the pictures! Unfortunately, I am not getting any work done today. One question. I see a Cruzan bottle, how on earth did you get it on the ship?

woww!!! what a killer review, thank you!!

Half way through the second page I was like..these folks look familiar!!!

I've read a previous review by you and enjoyed it just as much as this one!

I hope all is well with you and The Andrew- keep those spirits up! God bless!

Thanks for helping my 206 day count down LOL

Loving your review and the pictures! Unfortunately, I am not getting any work done today. One question. I see a Cruzan bottle, how on earth did you get it on the ship?

Unfortunately we didnt get that Cruzan bottle onboard. Meh! After our rum was confiscated we ended up ordering the Cruzan from room service. Pretty pricey at $50.00 for a liter but desperate times call for desperate measures. It lasted a couple of days. Apparently, some ships you are able to order bottles of liquor through room service. You are super observant however. Nice job! :p

woww!!! what a killer review, thank you!!

Half way through the second page I was like..these folks look familiar!!!

I've read a previous review by you and enjoyed it just as much as this one!

I hope all is well with you and The Andrew- keep those spirits up! God bless!

Thanks for helping my 206 day count down LOL

I am so glad you enjoyed it. We are thinking about a 7 day in December. So then I will have a 5 day, 6 day and then a 7 day.

The Andrew had a bit of a mis-hap today. He wrecked his truck into a really deep ditch. This man has more than 9 lives apparently.

Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast! May I ask what kind of camera did you use? I love the quality of the pics!

My camera is an Olympus FE 330. It is a pretty good camera but the weird malfunction that has started occuring makes me not want to recommend it. The quality is super amazing and we have been pleased but after the zoom in and out thing I am thinking I need to change the type of camera to use. Maybe a waterproof/ regular camera.

The Andrew had a bit of a mis-hap today. He wrecked his truck into a really deep ditch. This man has more than 9 lives apparently.

Hope he's OK!!!! Did the truck make it?

We just went close by you... went to Bluffton yesterday for a graduation and came home this morning. Not quite Hollywood, but thru Ravenel..