Cheapest flights to Barcelona from the US

US Air out of Philly or Delta out of Atlanta are two US carriers that flew a few years back when we looked.

Is there any city in the US that you would find the cheapest flight to Barcelona?

thanks,

Your question is impossible to answer. Flight prices change constantly. Time of year makes a difference. What someone else found for a price yesterday, has no bearing on what you may find today.

If you can find a flight from the US-BCN for ~$1000, on average, you are doing well.

Sometimes, it's much cheaper to fly into MAD, and make your way to Barcelona by train, or low cost carrier.

we're from nj, so phl & ewr are both approx 1 hr away, but we just booked a jfk to bcn direct flight for 10/17 for 475/pp on fly1800.com,

amazingly this flight is 2800+ on the american air lines web site!!

there was a air berlin flight also from jfk for 385? but there was a 7 hr lay over in berlin making the flight 17 hrs instead of the direct for less than 100 more.

the air fare from phl was 750+ with 1-2 layovers & ewr was about the same we try to avoid jfk but for a direct flight @ that price......

as someone previously said it changes dayly, sometimes hrly, lol

last yr while trying to contact the other couple we were traveling with the fares changed dramaticly!!!

Is there any city in the US that you would find the cheapest flight to Barcelona?

thanks,

One way, or return?

What time of year (a lot of BCN flights are summer only)

Also, have you considered flying to MAD instead and take the train, or even fly into Paris, and take the overnight train?

We are flying to Barcelona in August from JFK. We booked a few weeks back and paid $1117 r/t for direct flights. You could pay less with a layover, but we are traveling with 4 children and did not want the hassle of changing planes. Since we booked fares have gone up. We are flying on Delta (not because I like them, but because they were the cheapest).

we're from nj, so phl & ewr are both approx 1 hr away, but we just booked a jfk to bcn direct flight for 10/17 for 475/pp on fly1800.com,

amazingly this flight is 2800+ on the american air lines web site!!

Do you mean 1800flyeurope.com? I am assuming this is one way. As long as you are happy with a consolidator ticket, and the restrictions that come with it. You can't read the fare rules for this ticket, and I don't like that. I note the warning on this ticket states you may not earn FF miles with it. That's a no go for me.

You could have booked directly with Air Berlin for $514.00 and gotten a regular ticket. I would prefer that.

Just booked JFK to BCN nonstop both ways on AA for 680 pp

I see this price on Swiss, on many dates in Sept/Oct, but it has a stop. The nonstops pop up in late Oct/Nov for this price on AA and they go back up in Dec.

Can you explain your question further - are you trying to find a nearby city to drive to? If so, just use a travel aggregator site where you type in your search criteria and it returns results across most major airlines. You can sort by a variety of criteria and you just have to run multiple searches based on the US city you leave from. See which one has the lowest price, since it's changing all the time.

I know it's not the US and I don't know where you are located. But the flight I am taking in June on Air Transat from Montreal has gone down to $675 RT. I paid $895 when I booked. They also fly from Toronto.

Archived