Alert!! Price Drops!!

Waihekean

Celebrity is having a sale on at the moment that will honour existing bookings. You will have to check wich ships, but I already have seen that even in the UK there have been price drops accepted.

I am on the Equinox and have just received a $1280 US price drop on a Category 1 Veranda.

This for a Med cruise in August 2012.

Or I could have paid $180 US more on existing cabin fare to upgrade to a Category S2 Sky Suite.

"La, La , la, I am so excited, just can not hide it:D:D:D

Don't know whether or not this is "standard practice" but we booked fairly late for our recent Caribbean cruise [had to pay entire fare on booking]. By watching my Roll Call board, I learned that there were price drops, e-mailed my agent, and we were "upgraded" from a Concierge to Aqua Class for no charge. [i think at that point the AQ was being booked for less than we paid for CC.] We absolutely LOVED AQ!!

I'm seeing that the prices on our cruise have dropped but we have already made final payment. So that means nothing for us, right? We are in AQ.

Correct.

I'm seeing that the prices on our cruise have dropped but we have already made final payment. So that means nothing for us, right? We are in AQ.

Right, unless there is a suite that's available for the same amount or less that you'd like to upgrade to AND the price drop is a result of a New Bookings Only special. Even if the price of a higher category cabin is higher than what you're currently paying, but maybe less than it previously was, you can upgrade by paying the difference in price, again if the new price is not because of a NBO special.

My notes on this are: after final payment -no price drops-no OBC. You can cancel and rebook, but only worth it if penalty is less then the savings. But can upgrade, sample: paid $ 1,000 for OV, now balcony is $ 959= upgrade for no cost, but no OBC and no refund.

But because you are in Aqua, it is most likely you want to stay in Aqua. Would you however like to upgrade, then why not investigate? Old saying from my home country "no you got, but yes you might get";)

Note: the Sky Suite are not the most desirable ones with the round window or aft.

Celebrity is having a sale on at the moment that will honour existing bookings. You will have to check wich ships, but I already have seen that even in the UK there have been price drops accepted.

I am on the Equinox and have just received a $1280 US price drop on a Category 1 Veranda.

This for a Med cruise in August 2012.

Or I could have paid $180 US more on existing cabin fare to upgrade to a Category S2 Sky Suite.

"La, La , la, I am so excited, just can not hide it:D:D:D

Hi there, we are booked on Solstice in Oct. have paid the deposit, how do you check out if there has been a price drop?

Did you book in NZ or with NZ $ does that mean you can get a drop if you did? Or is it just thru US agencies?

My notes on this are: after final payment -no price drops-no OBC. You can cancel and rebook, but only worth it if penalty is less then the savings. But can upgrade, sample: paid $ 1,000 for OV, now balcony is $ 959= upgrade for no cost, but no OBC and no refund.

But because you are in Aqua, it is most likely you want to stay in Aqua. Would you however like to upgrade, then why not investigate? Old saying from my home country "no you got, but yes you might get";)

Note: the Sky Suite are not the most desirable ones with the round window or aft.

Thanks for the info...and to Lois too. I think we'll sit tight. I think we really want to eat in Blu and I hand picked our cabins to avoid noise, have a sunny balcony, etc.

Don't know whether or not this is "standard practice" but we booked fairly late for our recent Caribbean cruise [had to pay entire fare on booking]. By watching my Roll Call board, I learned that there were price drops, e-mailed my agent, and we were "upgraded" from a Concierge to Aqua Class for no charge. [i think at that point the AQ was being booked for less than we paid for CC.] We absolutely LOVED AQ!!

I just did the same for our May 13th cruise. We're booked concierge and upgraded to Aqua at no extra. :p can't wait to try Aqua.

Carol.

...I think we really want to eat in Blu and I hand picked our cabins to avoid noise, have a sunny balcony, etc.

What could be better? It was worth what you paid for it then and you got exactly what you wanted. I think it would be a very tough sell to go from sunny AQ to a Sky Suite, which generally aren't so sunny and have no Blu.

Enjoy your awesome spot in the sun. :)

we have tried to check the price of our cruise and it is saying that flights from any airport is unavailable and to contact direct so i cant see if there is any drop / rise

any experienced this where you cant select flights on the website

I have no idea how you check prices when air fare is involved.

We simply do a mock booking, and when we're sure we're not imagining the drop, we call our airline.

We had a $700 drop in February, and this week we had a <gasp> $1000 drop!!!! This is for Equinox in late October.

Hi there, we are booked on Solstice in Oct. have paid the deposit, how do you check out if there has been a price drop?

Did you book in NZ or with NZ $ does that mean you can get a drop if you did? Or is it just thru US agencies?

No, I did not book in NZ and don't think I would get a price drop in NZ.

Booked with an US agency, because they do provide (besides last minute deals) price drop discounts.

But I actually found the price drop when I was looking at X's website to see if I could find another available hump cabin with oversized balcony on a higher deck that I'm booked on now.

Made a record of category prices to compare X fares against the TA fares which I update from time to time and Celebrity's fees were always higher then my TA's. I noticed on X that prices were all of a sudden a lot lower.

Then I checked my TA's site and they only had a $ 300 drop per cabin.

So, I e-mailed my TA to inform her of the new price from X and the next morning she had not only matched X's price, but also gave their $ 300 on top. Have so far received $1580 in price drops and started out already $ 600 cheaper then the NZ rate.

No wonder I am singing, hay!:D

What is the best way to check for price drops. I have had multiple problems using the X site.

~Doris~

Hi Doris,

Yeah X website can have a mind of it's own. Had never any problems when I was doing a fake booking, but had lots of problems yesterday when I tried to look up menus and get more info on the beverage packages. My scroller (you know the arrow one at the side of the screen) would not work properly. Very frustating.

Guess you can only keep on trying or using someone elses computer.

And if you have an TA, get them to look it up for you and then match the price drop.

I have no idea how you check prices when air fare is involved.

We simply do a mock booking, and when we're sure we're not imagining the drop, we call our airline.

We had a $700 drop in February, and this week we had a <gasp> $1000 drop!!!! This is for Equinox in late October.

Congrats and I hope that works for BULASQEEK too!

What is the best way to check for price drops. I have had multiple problems using the X site.

~Doris~

I got my 14 night FLL to BCN on Solstice for 599. A Veranda is currently priced at 839, LESS than an oceanview listed for 869. Not as big a selection with no custom picks, but for those prices?!?! I can afford to cruise 3 times as often.;)

The good news:

We got a £776 reduction on our Constellation wine cruise in September

The bad news:

Last year we booked direct an Aqua cabin on Eclipse in May, which we paid for last month. The next door cabin but one is now £1215 cheaper on a UK online TA!

Will be writing to Celebrity UK, but do not hold out much hope!

Richard

Archived