Pre cruise hotel

drscooby74

Thinking about flighing in the night before the cruise. We cruise out of Miami on Oct. 29 but we are flighing into Fort Lauderdale. Any suggestions on a hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area (would like the beach) (we do not want to stay in Miami) and what time we would need to leave to get to the ship by 2p in Miami?(ship leaves at 5p) We are thinking about booking at Beachcomber resort and villas or Hollywood beach hotel. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels?

You may want to go to the ports of call groups as they offer a lot of hotel suggestions.

It takes about 45 minutes to get to the pier from Ft. Lauderdale. However, I'd ask to be picked up by10:30, so I could be among the first on the ship and start enjoying it. Otherwise, get picked up by 1:00 if you want to get there at 2.

Really depends on what you are looking for. Ft Lauderdal beach has alot to choose from. You want to stay on A1A. I would say between Sunrise and Las Olas if you like the active scene. Good restaurants, hotels. Friends of mine got a one bedroom suite with full kitchen for $150 a night because they paid in full at time of booking. This was at the Atlantic Hotel. Its a time share/ condo that they rent as hotel rooms as well. Was gorgeous with great water views. The Bahia Cabana is a smaller older hotel but still on the water and across from the ocean. There is a Ritz Carlton there too. Other friends of mine stayed at the Renaissance on the 17th ST Causeway. Its actually across from the Ft Lauderdale cruise docks. Not a port type feel at all though. Nice area. Hollywood Beach is closer to Miami but I have not been there in many many years. I live in Ft Lauderdale and its about a 45 min drive ( no traffic issues) to the port. I usually call Infinity Transport. There are many transport lines though. There is one, SAS -I think- many use when travelling to port from a hotel.

Thinking about flighing in the night before the cruise. We cruise out of Miami on Oct. 29 but we are flighing into Fort Lauderdale. Any suggestions on a hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area (would like the beach) (we do not want to stay in Miami) and what time we would need to leave to get to the ship by 2p in Miami?(ship leaves at 5p) We are thinking about booking at Beachcomber resort and villas or Hollywood beach hotel. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels?

Just in case you do not know....you can usually board the ship at around 11am and be on the ship in time for lunch. No need to wait until 2pm unless you really want to.

Count on about an hour travel time between Ft Lauderdale and Miami.

In the FLL area we like the Embasy Suites - nice view and free happy hour :D, but not on the beach.

Lots of shuttle options will get you to POM in about 40 minutes - check out SAS, QLS, and Go Airport Shuttle. They can also get you back to FLL from POM after your cruise.

Good luck! :)

Your dates are during the FLL Int'l Boat Show which is massive. Are you sure these hotels have occupancy? Expect to pay premium prices in Fort Lauderdale. You'll get better deals in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea and Hollywood Beach.

Your dates are during the FLL Int'l Boat Show which is massive. Are you sure these hotels have occupancy? Expect to pay premium prices in Fort Lauderdale. You'll get better deals in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea and Hollywood Beach.

BlueHerons, do you know if taxis are allowed to drive into the beach area in Fort Lauderdale to pick up at hotels during the boat show? I remember A1A being blocked during some boat shows and air and sea shows in the past but I avoid that area during the shows so I'm not sure.

BlueHerons, do you know if taxis are allowed to drive into the beach area in Fort Lauderdale to pick up at hotels during the boat show? I remember A1A being blocked during some boat shows and air and sea shows in the past but I avoid that area during the shows so I'm not sure.

Gosh I've never noticed! I do know that the water taxi operates on weird limited hours and parking is horrendous off 17th Street. Because of all of the people from out of town, I can't imagine they'd limit taxi service but I can not say definitively.

We always go to Bahia Cabana on Monday to watch the boats bug out and blow their horns!

Archived