Gluten Free on Princess

BJDownUnder

Howdy,

Just wondering if anyone has had Gulten Free options on Princess

The last trip we did was on NCL - they had gulten free pizza, bread etc

Does anyone know what Princess offers ?

BJ

Search this forum and you will find tons of useful information. That's what I did. But be sure to contact Princess way in advance of your dietary needs....they are very accommodating.

When I was on the Crown, I ate dinner mostly in the MDR. After the main course, the head waiter would bring me the menu for the next evening so I could pre-order what I wanted. He would suggest what items didn't have wheat. If there was something that would normally have wheat / gluten and that I wanted, he would request that the chef make a gluten-free version for me. Sometimes it made for strange outcomes like French Onion soup with the cheese, but no bread, even though gluten-free bread is available, but whatever arrived was always delicious.

I always had a surprise dessert.

If I ate in the buffet, I was instructed to always have the head waiter there take me around and show me what contained gluten.

Gluten-free bread and muffins were available from room service, gluten-free bread / toast was available in the MDR and there was a gluten-free dessert in the buffet.

When I first wrote Princess about my special diet, I received a response letter that said gluten-free pizza crust, macaroni, cereal would also be available. I didn't have those, but looks like the options are there.

That letter also mentioned something about pre-ordering gluten-free alcohol - I think was vodka and beer. These had to be ordered some weeks ahead though. I didn't bother - I drink mostly wine.

I just got off Crown - and had pre-registered Gluten Free. Great experience. This was my second cruise that I went Gluten free - and Princess did great.

Just pre-register with Kelly and she will get you on the list.

Head Waiters like mentioned above will come around and help you order for the next day.

My experience with Princess and dietary limitations was great! Not only do I have to be Gluten Free, but I'm also Egg Free so that opens up a whole new set of issues. My head waiter on the Star was Paula and she was fabulous! :) I asked Paula if I could have GF pasta for the Fettuccine Alfredo and she researched it for me - turned out they only had GF spaghetti on board, but they were happy to make it for me with the Alfredo sauce. Paula also offered GF bread each night, but I only had it once.

There was only one instance when someone brought me an item that wasn't EF, but Paula saw it happen and literally ran to my table as I was about to take a bite. I could tell that she had some choice words for the waiter who'd brought me the aforementioned item, but she was very professional and handled it behind closed doors.

I'll be dining GF/EF on the Coral in a few weeks, so will report back if anything has changed.

DH has had been gluten free on all cruises for past 3 years (all cruise lines as well).

He has it in his cruise personalizer, our travel agent also requests it in advance and we (just to make sure! :)) follow the instructions Princess lists in personalizer:

"Passengers who require a gluten free/no wheat diet are required to fax a letter

to Princess Cruises Onboard Services department at the appropriate number

listed below.

US (661) 284-4770

UK 0843 374 4444 (Tel only)

AU/NZ 612 8424 9015"

Archived