Question About 1A's with Portholes

CZodda

Hi Everyone! This is probably a silly question by now but I seem to remember there used to be the 1A's with porthole windows in them. I think I remember reading something about them being converted to 5A's (or something like that). Did they all get converted or are there still some of these gems still out there? Thinking of booking a solo cruise and I would love to save some dollars and still get some sort of view, if at all possible.

Have a great week ahead all!

Cathy

Not sure of the classification but we are booked in a PT room for our May cruise on the Elation and it was a really good price. Also had a PT room on the Fantasy 2 or 3 years ago. I like them just fine expecially for the $$ you can save.

There are still 1A cabins, but those with portholes are now classed as PT cabins. EM

Not all of them. There a quite a lot of 1A cabins with portholes. Some have a single bed on the floor and a bunk, while some have a single bed and convertable couch. On the Dream last year, my husband and I had a PT and my children were next door in a 1A. The PT had 2 single beds that were pushed together to make a king.

Not all of them. There a quite a lot of 1A cabins with portholes. Some have a single bed on the floor and a bunk, while some have a single bed and convertable couch. On the Dream last year, my husband and I had a PT and my children were next door in a 1A. The PT had 2 single beds that were pushed together to make a king.

We also had one of the 1As with portholes and a single bed and convertible couch on the Dream in November. It was 2217. If you do a mock booking and put in for an interior with an upper and lower you will be able to click on the room numbers and there will be a description of the room.

Even though our room had a single bed and convertible couch it was still listed as an interior upper/lower. That might be why it is hard to find. You have to know what you are looking for.

Sharon

Hi Everyone! This is probably a silly question by now but I seem to remember there used to be the 1A's with porthole windows in them. I think I remember reading something about them being converted to 5A's (or something like that). Did they all get converted or are there still some of these gems still out there? Thinking of booking a solo cruise and I would love to save some dollars and still get some sort of view, if at all possible.

Have a great week ahead all!

Cathy

This thread, among other things, lists which Cat. 1A rooms have the configuration that you are looking for. Look on Page 2. Which ship are you interested in?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590170

There are currently no rooms on any ship that are designated as Cat. 5A. So even if some 1A rooms were re-designated, they were not changed to 5A. The category formerly known as 5A is now known as PT.

You can see on mitsguy's thread that not all ships have 1As with portholes. The 4 Spirit class ships and the 8 Fantasy class ships do not. All other ships do! We've got 2 of these rooms booked on the Triumph for this coming December, plus I've stayed in these rooms on 2 other ships. On these ships, there are porthole rooms (category PT, with 2 regular beds), and 1As with portholes (1 regular bed plus either an upper bunk or sofa bed). Some people get confused because of the similarity, and the rooms are right next to each other, but they are different categories because of the beds. The 1As with portholes are usually about $20pp cheaper than a category PT, and the PTs sell out much quicker.

Archived