If you can't beat em...

donoiv

I've never, ever been on a cruise. As a matter of fact, I leave today for NOLA to board tomorrow. I have been doing research for months and quietly stalk these boards and I realize that chair hogging is a huge no-no. I have questions:

1. If I go lay in a chair at 9am and stay in it all day in the sun that is not hogging, right? It's only when you save a chair and don't lay in it?

2. Once I've established my chair am I allowed to ever get up? I'm serious. What if I choose to get in the pool or eat? If I'm gone more than 30 minutes can someone take my chair?

3. If you take someone's stuff off the chair, do you give it to someone or just leave it on the ground? Then do you just lay in the chair like nothing just happened?

These are real questions, like I said I've never cruised before.

I've never, ever been on a cruise. As a matter of fact, I leave today for NOLA to board tomorrow. I have been doing research for months and quietly stalk these boards and I realize that chair hogging is a huge no-no. I have questions:

1. If I go lay in a chair at 9am and stay in it all day in the sun that is not hogging, right? It's only when you save a chair and don't lay in it?

2. Once I've established my chair am I allowed to ever get up? I'm serious. What if I choose to get in the pool or eat? If I'm gone more than 30 minutes can someone take my chair?

3. If you take someone's stuff off the chair, do you give it to someone or just leave it on the ground? Then do you just lay in the chair like nothing just happened?

These are real questions, like I said I've never cruised before.

You're not hogging if you stay in the chair all day. You're actively using it.

If you want to get up, use the pool, grab a coffee then go for it. As long as you are away less then 30 or 40 mins then you're fine. Chances are nobody will take your chair if you're gone longer than that even. But in excess of 40 mins or so, your chair is available for a "hog hunter".

If I take stuff off the chair I leave it on the ground and then move the chair to another location. This avoids any confrontation and provides a good chuckle if the Hog returns because they wont know you've got their chair.

Enjoy your first cruise.

So feel free to quote any Carnival source that states a passenger may not touch someome's lost articles and turn them in so they can be claimed? No need to type it all out, just post the link. Then you'll have proof that moving someone's lost property to the towel hut is "wrong" or a violation of the rules.

ry%3D400

You told me I didn't need to type anything so I wont.

You told me I didn't need to type anything so I wont.

Being a North Carolinian means that my proper English isn't the greatest in the world (although my Southernese is kick a$$!), so feel free to point out on that part of the fun times where it against the rules or wrong to help the attendents move some chair hogger's stuff to the towel hut. There is nothing there to prove your statement that moving CHOGS stuff is wrong or against the rules.

Archived