Labor Day Weekend Cruise from Cape Liberty

Call Bayonne Taxi. You can see the ship from the station, but you are required to take a vehicle into the port. I waited 5-10 min for a cab in Nov. I got picked up by a town car that was on its way back to the port to pick up arriving passengers. This was about 10:30-11:00 am. They told me to walk out to Ave E (??) at the back of the station where there was a bench to wait. It worked really well for me.

To go to JFK you can take the light rail to Exchange Place and Path to World Trade Center. Once in NYC you can get a cab to JFK for $45 + tolls and tip or you can take Airtrain from Chambers St (about 4-5 blocks) to JFK.

Call Bayonne Taxi. You can see the ship from the station, but you are required to take a vehicle into the port. I waited 5-10 min for a cab in Nov. I got picked up by a town car that was on its way back to the port to pick up arriving passengers. This was about 10:30-11:00 am. They told me to walk out to Ave E (??) at the back of the station where there was a bench to wait. It worked really well for me.

To go to JFK you can take the light rail to Exchange Place and Path to World Trade Center. Once in NYC you can get a cab to JFK for $45 + tolls and tip or you can take Airtrain from Chambers St (about 4-5 blocks) to JFK.

Awesome, thank you so much!:D

So, when we come back we would take a taxi to Light rail station at 34th st?

Yes - when you come out of customs, make a left and there is a taxi/shuttle/car service dispatcher. I waited a few minutes until there were other people going locally - I got dropped at the light rail and the others went on to Stop & Shop.

Now I have my air and hotel reservations booked, I'm working on sightseeing and restaurant reservations.

Anyone have suggestions for -

A) dinner Friday evening

B) lunch Saturday in Brooklyn.

We are planning to take the 9:00 am ferry to Ellis island and Statue of Liberty then eat lunch in Brooklyn before walking back across the bridge.

C) dinner in NYC - hoping to get into Bappo (Mario Batalis restaurant) but need a back up idea.

• 2 weeks later...

You are better off spending your time in NYC. Sheraton at Lincoln harbor is right next to the ferry to NYC. Don't bother with the jersey shore on labor day weekend. You will be driving right into the crowds and Asbury Park is not exactly a great place. Sure they are revitalizing it, but there is not much to see for a Springsteen fan.

You are better off spending your time in NYC. Sheraton at Lincoln harbor is right next to the ferry to NYC. Don't bother with the jersey shore on labor day weekend. You will be driving right into the crowds and Asbury Park is not exactly a great place. Sure they are revitalizing it, but there is not much to see for a Springsteen fan.

HUH????? first they changed their minds..and second, i will go out on a limb and say you might not be a Springsteen fan...there is plenty to see....

• 2 months later...

Archived