Do Visa Points transfer if I change cruises???

I posted the following question on another thread about Visa points but didn't get an answer. Perhaps reposting it in a thread of its own will anwer what I want to know. Here's my question:

"If I apply my Visa points now to my September cruise on the Freedom, then have to transfer my booking later on to another date/ship...will the Visa points I used for the Freedom cruise transfer to the new date/ship?

In other words, do points, once applied to a cruise to reduce the price, follow the reservation number or just the particular sailing to which it was originally applied?"

Does anyone know first-hand the correct answer?

I posted the following question on another thread about Visa points but didn't get an answer. Perhaps reposting it in a thread of its own will anwer what I want to know. Here's my question:

"If I apply my Visa points now to my September cruise on the Freedom, then have to transfer my booking later on to another date/ship...will the Visa points I used for the Freedom cruise transfer to the new date/ship?

In other words, do points, once applied to a cruise to reduce the price, follow the reservation number or just the particular sailing to which it was originally applied?"

Does anyone know first-hand the correct answer?

As long as you keep the same booking number, everything should transfer.

But, when in doubt, call Royal Rewards at 1-888-305-4626.

I used 50K points towards my cruise. When I changed reservations I had to call C&A a couple of times to get them transferred. It wasn't easy .... be sure to keep copies of the points VISA coupon # you send them. Apparently they don't and they could not find any documentation proving they had applied it at first. :rolleyes: I sent mine certified mail and fortunately still had records, so it ended well...

I used 50K points towards my cruise. When I changed reservations I had to call C&A a couple of times to get them transferred. It wasn't easy .... be sure to keep copies of the points VISA coupon # you send them. Apparently they don't and they could not find any documentation proving they had applied it at first. :rolleyes: I sent mine certified mail and fortunately still had records, so it ended well...

Points are redeemed electronically now on the RCI website, so coupons have been eliminated. Hopefully the confirmation email that is sent would be proof enough if a similar situation, as you experienced, would happen.

Archived